Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed

What car did you order, and when did you order?

Is anyone here ordering through Octopus EV? I've found their communication pretty stella so far (only ordered this week). EDD in their tracker went from 7th May -> 31st July however...

No car appearing in the Tesla app, however I have been prompted to create a new Tesla account (annoyingly on my work email due to this being a work scheme - this is my 2nd lease). I have received the text and RN number though..
I also order via Octopus. Comms pretty good, but overall a bit miffed as I had an RN from an order in Feb which I asked them to take over. Instead they seem to have created a new order and all they will tell me is expected delivery is AUGUST! Obviously you cannot see the EDD any more as a customer so who knows. I'll keep myself amused across the various threads here in the meantime 😭

I also order via Octopus. Comms pretty good, but overall a bit miffed as I had an RN from an order in Feb which I asked them to take over. Instead they seem to have created a new order and all they will tell me is expected delivery is AUGUST! Obviously you cannot see the EDD any more as a customer so who knows. I'll keep myself amused across the various threads here in the meantime 😭
Wait - what? Is this for a Y? what have you ordered??

Wait - what? Is this for a Y? what have you ordered??
Yeah - I ordered a blue MYLR 19s in mid Feb (originally). Tesla reps told me that even if I decided to lease or salary sacrifice, this would get me in 'the queue'. Anyway, fast forward admin, getting the company set up, etc. etc, and the car was then officially ordered (text from Tesla) on 25 March and all I've been told is August delivery. I was hoping that was just a pessimistic view, but now I'm beginning to wonder if the guy had psychic powers given the shutdown of the factory etc.

What have you ordered?? You seem to be getting much better EDD info from them that I am.

I ordered in March, originally with 20” induction wheels, but then got a call from my lease provider to ask whether I was interested in a cancelled order with the 19” gemini wheels. I’d have preferred the inductions, but given it’s a lease car I decided an earlier (and cheaper) car was probably a better option.
That is spectacularly quick. Enjoy it when it arrives!

Reactions: KCH1984
I ordered in March, originally with 20” induction wheels, but then got a call from my lease provider to ask whether I was interested in a cancelled order with the 19” gemini wheels. I’d have preferred the inductions, but given it’s a lease car I decided an earlier (and cheaper) car was probably a better option.
Definitely the right choice, I only got the inductions because I’ll get most of the money back for them come trade in/resale time. The Geminis look ok, as long as you remove those hideous hubcaps!

Update from my lease company; (not holding my breath)

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Long Range AWD 5dr Auto - Metallic - Deep blue is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 29/05/2022.

We would normally expect delivery to yourself to take place a couple of weeks after this date.

Order Date was 23rd March
I’m about a week behind you then as i ordered 31st March.

So, I should hear something next week (not holding my breath either!).

Yeah - I ordered a blue MYLR 19s in mid Feb (originally). Tesla reps told me that even if I decided to lease or salary sacrifice, this would get me in 'the queue'. Anyway, fast forward admin, getting the company set up, etc. etc, and the car was then officially ordered (text from Tesla) on 25 March and all I've been told is August delivery. I was hoping that was just a pessimistic view, but now I'm beginning to wonder if the guy had psychic powers given the shutdown of the factory etc.

What have you ordered?? You seem to be getting much better EDD info from them that I am.
How do you mean company set up? Your own limited you set up to benefit from the VAT ETC?

I’m about a week behind you then as i ordered 31st March.

So, I should hear something next week (not holding my breath either!).
I ordered on the 31st as well, model Y in White with inductions. Mines through a lease company at work and although I've had the RN number already, I don't expect to hear anything now until next month, especially with the factory shutting down due to a few people having a cold!

Reactions: Markee68