Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Laminars? The shipping, handling and import tax scares me 😱
Yeah. In retrospect I prob got carried away and spent too much.. 321 dollars on the covers and then 179 with myus.com on shipping and taxes. I used wise to pay for it so got a decent X rate and didn't get stung on charges. Still the best part of 380 quid..
Will post a pic when I finally get the car and put them on.. black wheels, paint and interior...

Btw this is now my abs fav model y review on YouTube (it's new, which is good as I was getting bored watching all the others like for the 100th time), cos he says all the suspension talk is nonsense 🪶🪶🪶🪶

ok 100% checking that out ahahah

i've gone for 20in purely for the looks and what i've heard is that people are struggling even on the 19s. I test drove on the 19in and honestly coming from a 320d sports suspension, I felt pretty good.

Anyone with the black / wood interior gone for the dash and door trim covers to hide the wood? Was thinking a matte carbon or grey like the centre console would look good. Not sure I’m a fan of the wood, might grow on me but can’t help feel it looks a bit out of place in the cabin.

Just registered to participate in the anticipation and wait! Ordered around 14th March, and today EDD went from between 13th May to 8th June, out to 4th June to 30th June.

First world problems I guess - feel sorry for the people in Shanghai!

I went for the Zappi charger as I've got solar panels and want to make sure I'm driving on as much sunlight energy as I can!

Hi all, I’ve ordered through a lease so not had any dates yet. I ordered on 31/03/22 so I’ve been keeping an eye dates from you guys who ordered around the same time for EDD around end May / June.

Does that seem reasonable to you all? (Obvs just a guide as you never know till you know with Tesla).
I ordered my Y on the same day, my lease company have given me the 6th June as an EDD

Reactions: Markee68
Btw this is now my abs fav model y review on YouTube (it's new, which is good as I was getting bored watching all the others like for the 100th time), cos he says all the suspension talk is nonsense 🪶🪶🪶🪶

Yep, ride quality is just fine. Nothing to concern anyone unless they are easily brain washed by a few negative press reviews. I read a few of those reviews slating the ride and my first thought was how could the ride be so much worse than a Model 3, which has a pretty decent ride quality? The answer - it isn't! I would describe the ride as reasonably firm, well damped and quite supple over bumps and potholes. I've had far harsher riding BMWs and Audis.

A mate of mine just bought a MY to replace his Merc GLC and was surprised to find the ride quality better in the Tesla. He was fully expecting it to be worse in that respect. He's actually been blown away by the Tesla compared to his Merc.

Reactions: ArunG
Anyone with the black / wood interior gone for the dash and door trim covers to hide the wood? Was thinking a matte carbon or grey like the centre console would look good. Not sure I’m a fan of the wood, might grow on me but can’t help feel it looks a bit out of place in the cabin.
I've never liked the wood trims. The solution is to just get the white interior. It's like a Tesla trademark. The black interior is just too bland and I agree the wood trim looks out of place. The white seats and trim look cool in a Tesla. It goes with the high tech futuristic vibe.

See how you feel about the wood when you get it. It’s not all that bad. I’ve seen carbon and the reflection off it is pretty distracting.

Reactions: KCH1984
See how you feel about the wood when you get it. It’s not all that bad. I’ve seen carbon and the reflection off it is pretty distracting.
Sorry - I should have clarified, I’ve now got the car! I probably would have gone for white interior, but wife wasn’t keen and being a lease car I’ve kept it options light.

I take your point on the gloss carbon, I had an X3M for a short period and this was definitely an issue in the sun, which is why I was thinking maybe a matte look trim to match the finish on the centre console?

I've never liked the wood trims. The solution is to just get the white interior. It's like a Tesla trademark. The black interior is just too bland and I agree the wood trim looks out of place. The white seats and trim look cool in a Tesla. It goes with the high tech futuristic vibe.

I quite like the white seats, they look cool. But the white trim on the dash puts me off. It looks too reflective to me. So I defaulted to black interior on my Model 3 and have done the same on the Model Y that’s on order. I think the wood is OK but would probably prefer some sort of carbon fibre or perhaps dark metallic type colour.