Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken the plunge and ordered a MYLR in White/Black and 20s when the delivery EDD was May (I knew this wasn't going to be the case). This then unsurprisingly changed to July when I spoke to Tesla, and now I just checked my account and it's been amended to June 14-30th.

Looking like another end-of-quarter push.

Same spec as me. I ordered on 1st April and was given a June date. After a few days my EDD moved forward to May 21 - June 18 and it has remained there for the last 2 weeks.

I believe you can just send an email to Tesla to re-open the payment method should you wish to. If you're getting external finance (as I did through Forza Finance) then "Cash" is the one to pick anyway.
Thanks. Have gone ahead with cash for now. I'm buying through a limited company so need to work out whether a finance option proves better value as you can reclaim 50% of the VAT on hire purchase or lease payments which you can't claim if you pay for it all with cash.

Mine also showing a June 12 to June 30th delivery date. Very much expecting that to change

Thanks. Have gone ahead with cash for now. I'm buying through a limited company so need to work out whether a finance option proves better value as you can reclaim 50% of the VAT on hire purchase or lease payments which you can't claim if you pay for it all with cash.

Mine also showing a June 12 to June 30th delivery date. Very much expecting that to change
100% VAT claim if its business only

Same spec as me. I ordered on 1st April and was given a June date. After a few days my EDD moved forward to May 21 - June 18 and it has remained there for the last 2 weeks.
That's interesting you were given June and I got May when I ordered 2 weeks after. Great choice in spec btw :)

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but the Tesla rep was hoping for an end of May / beginning of June delivery window (ambitious) which does somewhat tie in with the end of June as an EDD to manage expectations.

Need to start tracking ships again and it seems we might be in the same boat

That's interesting you were given June and I got May when I ordered 2 weeks after. Great choice in spec btw :)

I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but the Tesla rep was hoping for an end of May / beginning of June delivery window (ambitious) which does somewhat tie in with the end of June as an EDD to manage expectations.

Need to start tracking ships again and it seems we might be in the same boat
Oddly I was first given June, although it was estimated May on the sales page. Nevertheless is went forward. Now its a waiting game.

I'm aware of this but understand HMRC look to challenge this often.

Interesting to hear. Done it on several cars now, not had a problem.

When you sell it you will make a profit ('coz its will be on the books for £0) so that is then a profit, so basically you just have the use of the money for that period. Well ... in my case I bought another EV, so basically the "profit" was offset by the, bigger "loss" of replacement EV being more expensive than the trade-in was.

Maybe the people HMRC have challenged were "forgetting" to account for the Profit-on-sale? :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Just ordered the Model Y Tesla performance, was waiting for a Skoda Enyaq. After 7 months still no clear info on build with rumours being 23.

Anyway ordered the MY P , states late 22. Does anyone know if this is merely a blanket statement for all as I see the Model 3 performance is available in August

Hi All,

Just ordered the Model Y Tesla performance, was waiting for a Skoda Enyaq. After 7 months still no clear info on build with rumours being 23.

Anyway ordered the MY P , states late 22. Does anyone know if this is merely a blanket statement for all as I see the Model 3 performance is available in August
I gave up on an Enyaq order too just this last weekend! Hope you don’t have to wait too long for your MY P

Hi All,

There have been suggestions that MYP will come from Berlin late this year so yours lines up with that date.

Wow - if you configure that now..its appearing as Sept.

Either these EDDs are very wrong (likely.. sorry), or we could all be due a surprise!
Same experience for me - last week I ordered MYLR blue with 19" wheels. and the configurator gave a September expectation but the account shows EDD 16th to 29th June.
Incidentally - the configurator only shows a date earlier than Sept for white or black cars with 20" rims. Seems like a ploy to persuade people into speccing £2100 wheels...