Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest headlines from the Shipping thread...

THEBEN (the most promising-looking ship set to dock in Shanghai within the coming days) has since changed her itinerary and will no longer call at Southampton in mid-June.

Mr. M has his eyes on a couple of other potential ships (LAKE COMO & SWALLOW ACE) but nothing solid as yet.

The general feeling is that GF Shanghai has had such woefully low production output due to COVID restrictions that they would not be able to fill this many ships. We may see a lot of very disappointed Q2 customers yet.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Looking at the UK numbers from Q1 and the production numbers from Q2, it will be good going if they have produced enough RHD cars for just 1 month of the quarter, that actually starts from orders placed mid feb too.

Especially as THEBEN is due to load later and we know it isn't coming to the UK. The production numbers released last week show there are about 4k cars still due for export. We have a 2nd ship going to Europe and these hold about 3-4k cars dont they? As we know its THEBEN and it isn't coming to the UK that leaves only 1 more possibility.

It depends on what they managed to produce in the last week. If they managed 800 per day before it dropped down to 200 on Tuesday, then we could be lucky to get 1 ship and a month of orders cleared.

Keep in mind that Q1 was probably a bumper quarter as it was a new car release with years of back orders.

Reactions: Wattsisname
It's all a bit of a lottery when speccing the car if you're trying to link spec with delivery date (other than things like choosing a YP which was always being planned for a later delivery). My approach is order exactly what you want.
Yea - I wanted the 20s and it had no bearing on trying to achieve the earliest EDD at the time - I'm impatient though and if it would have meant a 3 month difference in when I actually got the car there is just a slim chance I would have changed my mind :p

Reactions: Toblerone