Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess May 2022 means that it will be pushed out? And shouldn't expect this Q at all?
Nobody knows. 90% of this forum is pure speculation. Previous purchasers on here have repeatedly said to ignore the EDD as it can move about so much, but we're all clutching at straws and trying to assign a meaning to everything. Mine's stayed the end of June for a while now, which means I'm the chosen one, singled out by Elon, so even if there are no ships heading this way or any RHD cars, he'll order one to be built especially for me. On my driveway if needed.

Seems more are now changing to Aug/Sept like mine did earlier this week. I guess that’s the new placeholder for Q3. Sadly, wouldn’t surprise me if it slips again.

Meanwhile my colleagues orders simply show one as May 2022 and one as June 2022. Both of which will likely push back soon I guess.

Shame is we marginally missed the end of Q1 (dates only changed on order about a week or 10 days before we ordered.). Wish we’d pulled our fingers out and ordered earlier now!

Mine has just changed to “July”.

A week ago Friday it slipped to 5 aug - 14th Sep

I know month names are even more meaningless as date ranges. But I do wonder if Tesla are going to push for a late build of 3-4K cars and clear some backlog.

However, have they ever delivered late past the quarter end before?

Ps
I should keep in mind, this month placeholder might be a bad sign that they think they might not be able to even produce my car by aug/Sep.

Seems like everyone who has had narrowed June dates for some time got moved to aug/Sep. Now I’ve been moved from aug/Sep to a placeholder.

I can’t figure it out, some m3 orders have been pushed to November so not sure why mine hasn’t if they don’t think they can deliver by Sep.

Last edited:
Based on reading all the EDD changes above, and in desperate hope to find some logic in this EDD mess I have come up with a rough theory (mostly to console myself and keep a ray of hope alive!)

Theory:
Now that we are nearing Q2 end (about 6 weeks), and we havent got any confirmed shipment in picture, all/most of the proposed Q2 EDD dates will now be revised.
Possibility 1: Default to the placeholder month which was originally the EDD on the day order was placed. (In my case September 2022.)
Possibility 2: Move to a tentative period closer to the next quarter end.. like Aug-Sep or 05/08/22 - 14/09/22.
Possibility 3: anything else.. Beyond my imagination!

I would expect these changes to be temporary and are just a placeholder reflecting change in delivery from Q2 to Q3, and possibly just done automatically by some algo. I also feel that some people will go to Possibility 1 followed by possibility 2.

I recon, next week more/most Q2 deliveries will see this happen.

And more importantly, the next phase of EDD changes (Refinement phase) should take place very soon. This is when system/Tesla guys start Q3 delivery estimations, based on the stock, shipments, orders etc..

But again, I have no prior experience with Tesla, and i may be just pinning hopes on nothing...

Based on reading all the EDD changes above, and in desperate hope to find some logic in this EDD mess I have come up with a rough theory (mostly to console myself and keep a ray of hope alive!)

Theory:
Now that we are nearing Q2 end (about 6 weeks), and we havent got any confirmed shipment in picture, all/most of the proposed Q2 EDD dates will now be revised.
Possibility 1: Default to the placeholder month which was originally the EDD on the day order was placed. (In my case September 2022.)
Possibility 2: Move to a tentative period closer to the next quarter end.. like Aug-Sep or 05/08/22 - 14/09/22.
Possibility 3: anything else.. Beyond my imagination!

I would expect these changes to be temporary and are just a placeholder reflecting change in delivery from Q2 to Q3, and possibly just done automatically by some algo. I also feel that some people will go to Possibility 1 followed by possibility 2.

I recon, next week more/most Q2 deliveries will see this happen.

And more importantly, the next phase of EDD changes (Refinement phase) should take place very soon. This is when system/Tesla guys start Q3 delivery estimations, based on the stock, shipments, orders etc..

But again, I have no prior experience with Tesla, and i may be just pinning hopes on nothing...
I’ll be hoping your EDD moves to June, hopefully we could be model Y wrap buddies

Reactions: nscar
Hi everyone! New to the forum, but been reading for a little while! Ordered a MYLR, white, black induction wheels through Lex on 24/03/22. No idea of EDD.
QQ, we have no visibility of our car on the App - when might we expect to see something? So frustrated at having to wait now across period we were told we’d have car (May!)
I’ve ordered MYLR on 31/03/22 through Lex and also have no EDD.

Assuming you’ve had a direct text from Tesla with your RN, the next you’ll hear is another text from Tesla, I’ve heard you’ll probably know before Lex do (or before Lex contact you, anyway!).

I’ve ordered MYLR on 31/03/22 through Lex and also have no EDD.

Assuming you’ve had a direct text from Tesla with your RN, the next you’ll hear is another text from Tesla, I’ve heard you’ll probably know before Lex do (or before Lex contact you, anyway!).
I ordered the day before you on Lex too! I’ve always had a date of 10/05 on Lex…strangely the car never showed…and the date remains the same! I had a text from Tesla confirming my RN number but nothing since! I just need confirmation I wont get the car before X…be that July/Aug…but it’s the not knowing that’s killing me!!

I ordered the day before you on Lex too! I’ve always had a date of 10/05 on Lex…strangely the car never showed…and the date remains the same! I had a text from Tesla confirming my RN number but nothing since! I just need confirmation I wont get the car before X…be that July/Aug…but it’s the not knowing that’s killing me!!
Same here, ordered with Lex at start of March, got my RN number from Tesla on 13th March, being told May delivery but nothing more than that!

Mine has just changed to “July”.

A week ago Friday it slipped to 5 aug - 14th Sep

I know month names are even more meaningless as date ranges. But I do wonder if Tesla are going to push for a late build of 3-4K cars and clear some backlog.

However, have they ever delivered late past the quarter end before?

I've been pondering that.

Normally Tesla does its best to not have any cars on the high seas at the end of the Quarter, and to convert every last car into a completed sale by Quarter-end to keep Wall Street happy

Given the problems they have had in Shanghai with the lockdown and subsequently problems with supply (knock-on of the lockdown on their suppliers) they could elect to build cars for EU etc. for delivery into July and ignore Wall Street just this once. Tesla recently changed the remuneration model of staff to place less emphasis of quarter-end gut-busting effort - which may be unrelated of course (hard to imagine a change like that could be undertaken in short-order)

However, I presume they have the same backlog all around the world, so the sooner they revert to normal production cycle the quicker they are back on track and spend the minimum effort on working around the problem ... so it seems unlikely ...

... but maybe they have a bunch of e.g. RHD cars part built waiting for delivery of "bits" and also more that are scheduled but not yet started production. And maybe their just-in-time suppliers are backlogged with delivering any geographically-specific parts, and thus will deliver those first before reverting to normal. Or they may have already delivered them (on time for just-in-time) and those are clogging up the warehouse and thus RHD need to be built first ...

So "maybe" ...

On the Tesla app on my Android phone, the EDD is now 'September'. On the website on my account page, it's 'September 22'. Is the app just not capable of showing year?

Clearly website account page has more confidence on the Year part 🤓

I trust you have had a great experience with your Y.

Did you have any paint treatments; ceramic and/or PPF? If the latter, where Admiral OK with it?
Thank you.
Yeah, had a great experience so far. First EV. Car was perfect on collection. Love the regen braking. The tech. The Tesla wall charger is so user friendly. Fantastic all rounder. Love it !
All I've done so far is reduce the tyre pressure from 50 to 42 about 3 weeks after collection and noticed a big ride improvement (20" inductions). Much better over potholes. Also I got rid of the ugly number plate holders.

Haven't done any paint treatments or anything. Just a couple of washes. Considered Alloy Gators but decided against. Parcel shelf - forget about it, don't even notice it not being there, plus its not rattling away or in the way for loading stuff. WRT PPF, I guess if you have an accident and are expecting the insurance company to cover the cost of replacement PPF, then maybe you need to discuss it with them, if you're gonna eat the replacement cost yourself in the event of an accident, then thats different. But I have no experience of this. Personally I'll just get any scratches buffed out if it occurs. This all depends a lot on where you live/drive etc. I know if I spend a lot on that stuff, someone will just drive into me the next day anyway :eek: I do understand why people want to do it though. Can make a lot of sense.

I'd say the Shanghai MY has a good quality feel about it and all the panels and interior fitting is perfect and feels robust.

3,000 miles in, no issues. The frustrating wait will be well worth it the you get yours. Good luck and good riddance Covid !