Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - after lurking for a few weeks, I've now joined to say I've joined the September - June - September club :(
Welcome, and gutted for you (and all those with date pushbacks).

My white / black MYLR (EAP 20”) is still showing it’s most recent EDD change from this week - 27-30 June. Both app and website. 🤞🏻
Lucky you! Fingers crossed indeed.

Mine is still reading 26-30 June and, as hopeful as I am, my rational brain is saying that this is going to be pushed back at any point.

I did just freak myself out a little this morning though. I checked the app and the date had disappeared! But I didn’t realise my VPN was on and that’s why it didn’t show, phew! Does anyone know why Tesla website doesn’t allow you to log in if you’re on VPN?

Hi.

I’m about to pull the trigger on a model Y, just checking as I understand that that Tesla charging kit has been removed recently, does it still come with a type 2 to type 2 charging cable on delivery or collection? I can charge at home and at work but need a type 2 to type 2 cable as they are untethered charging points. Thanks

Hi.

I’m about to pull the trigger on a model Y, just checking as I understand that that Tesla charging kit has been removed recently, does it still come with a type 2 to type 2 charging cable on delivery or collection? I can charge at home and at work but need a type 2 to type 2 cable as they are untethered charging points. Thanks
Yes still comes with cable but not the 3 pin home charger, you can buy cheaper alternatives online for those though

Welcome, and gutted for you (and all those with date pushbacks).

Lucky you! Fingers crossed indeed.

Mine is still reading 26-30 June and, as hopeful as I am, my rational brain is saying that this is going to be pushed back at any point.

I did just freak myself out a little this morning though. I checked the app and the date had disappeared! But I didn’t realise my VPN was on and that’s why it didn’t show, phew! Does anyone know why Tesla website doesn’t allow you to log in if you’re on VPN?
I had this same thing this morning on my app but I closed and re-opened it and it reappeared.

So far with Dates I've been moved from September (original EDD when I ordered) to June and dates have shifted a bit and finally settled on 26-30th. I'm expecting it to shift back but something is telling me hopefully it'll stay where it is

Reactions: Toblerone
I'm white/white with 20 and have changed today to Jun 25-30 as well. NEC collection.

In the last week or so I've narrowed as follows

Jun 04-30
Jun 20-30
Jun 23-30
Jun 25-30

In normal circumstances you would expect the narrowing of dates to be due to an increased level of certainty, but in these times who knows. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and find it says August.

( This is not in any way aimed at you @garreth64 - nice spec by the way, saw one at Delivery launch at Duxford, looked amazing )

If the time frame is narrowing from the start. I'd agree, yes it is an increased level of certainty. But unfortunately not how you'd like to hope it is.

I'd decode the above as follows......

Jun 04-30 = At the moment; Possible in this time frame if no delaying factors
Jun 20-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 20th June
Jun 23-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 23th June
Jun 25-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 25th June.... and your chances of getting by the 30th are slimming day by day. Likely the estimate is going to move to something wider later on, based on the factory production situation.

After hundreds of pages of "What was your order date?", "What is your spec?", "What is your EDD?", "Update: My EDD is exactly the same still.". "I called Tesla/Lex again today and they still don't know", we aren't really getting anywhere except more frustrated.

I'd hazard a guess that currently your Delivery date will be about 4 months (+/- 1 month) after you ordered + the number of days the Shanghai Giga factory is closed. Assuming you haven't messed about with your cars spec. You may get lucky or not but I reckon that'll be about right.

I can't see a reason why Tesla would deliberately not put cars on a ship in the first month of a quarter either. That makes no financial sense at all. Why would they just leave a few thousand cars parked getting dirty for a month because "they don't ship in the first month of the quarter"? Thats money that could be in their bank. Factories want a smooth and steady output without inventory building up. Cars shipped and sold at the start of the quarter is the same as cars shipped and sold at the end of a quarter in terms of numbers sold. So not shipping on purpose just doesn't make any business sense. Possibly if it is happening its due to ship availability or something else.

We all know the delays are purely due to the China factory shutdown and associated suppliers.

Until you get matched with a vehicle and your VIN assigned, it doesn't matter what EDD you have, what ship sailed when and from where, because your car might not even be on it!

EDD is a best guess. That's all it is. Especially right now. It's a shame it can't be fixed and 100% accurate and of course extremely frustrating when it changes.

Building to order is the way to go. Guessing specs and building in batches and trying to match orders en-route is pure idiocy, same as rushing for Quarter end results ! They know what people have ordered, so just build those cars (in batches if you like but at least you're building the cars you're definitely going to sell)

I hope you all get your cars as soon as possible. This part of the process is kind of exciting and in the current situation - frustrating as hell at the same time.

In the meantime to take your minds off refreshing your order pages, if you want to ask any questions to someone who has already had the car for 3 months now, feel free to ask away and I'll give you my honest views, thoughts, insights.

Cheers !

Reactions: mick4545
Yeah, had a great experience so far. First EV. Car was perfect on collection. Love the regen braking. The tech. The Tesla wall charger is so user friendly. Fantastic all rounder. Love it !
All I've done so far is reduce the tyre pressure from 50 to 42 about 3 weeks after collection and noticed a big ride improvement (20" inductions). Much better over potholes. Also I got rid of the ugly number plate holders.

Haven't done any paint treatments or anything. Just a couple of washes. Considered Alloy Gators but decided against. Parcel shelf - forget about it, don't even notice it not being there, plus its not rattling away or in the way for loading stuff. WRT PPF, I guess if you have an accident and are expecting the insurance company to cover the cost of replacement PPF, then maybe you need to discuss it with them, if you're gonna eat the replacement cost yourself in the event of an accident, then thats different. But I have no experience of this. Personally I'll just get any scratches buffed out if it occurs. This all depends a lot on where you live/drive etc. I know if I spend a lot on that stuff, someone will just drive into me the next day anyway :eek: I do understand why people want to do it though. Can make a lot of sense.

I'd say the Shanghai MY has a good quality feel about it and all the panels and interior fitting is perfect and feels robust.

3,000 miles in, no issues. The frustrating wait will be well worth it the you get yours. Good luck and good riddance Covid !
Excellent feedback thank you. All the best for the next 3,000 and thereafter.

Reactions: Pete UK
( This is not in any way aimed at you @garreth64 - nice spec by the way, saw one at Delivery launch at Duxford, looked amazing )

If the time frame is narrowing from the start. I'd agree, yes it is an increased level of certainty. But unfortunately not how you'd like to hope it is.

I'd decode the above as follows......

Jun 04-30 = At the moment; Possible in this time frame if no delaying factors
Jun 20-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 20th June
Jun 23-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 23th June
Jun 25-30 = You definitely won't be getting it before 25th June.... and your chances of getting by the 30th are slimming day by day. Likely the estimate is going to move to something wider later on, based on the factory production situation.

After hundreds of pages of "What was your order date?", "What is your spec?", "What is your EDD?", "Update: My EDD is exactly the same still.". "I called Tesla/Lex again today and they still don't know", we aren't really getting anywhere except more frustrated.

I'd hazard a guess that currently your Delivery date will be about 4 months (+/- 1 month) after you ordered + the number of days the Shanghai Giga factory is closed. Assuming you haven't messed about with your cars spec. You may get lucky or not but I reckon that'll be about right.

I can't see a reason why Tesla would deliberately not put cars on a ship in the first month of a quarter either. That makes no financial sense at all. Why would they just leave a few thousand cars parked getting dirty for a month because "they don't ship in the first month of the quarter"? Thats money that could be in their bank. Factories want a smooth and steady output without inventory building up. Cars shipped and sold at the start of the quarter is the same as cars shipped and sold at the end of a quarter in terms of numbers sold. So not shipping on purpose just doesn't make any business sense. Possibly if it is happening its due to ship availability or something else.

We all know the delays are purely due to the China factory shutdown and associated suppliers.

Until you get matched with a vehicle and your VIN assigned, it doesn't matter what EDD you have, what ship sailed when and from where, because your car might not even be on it!

EDD is a best guess. That's all it is. Especially right now. It's a shame it can't be fixed and 100% accurate and of course extremely frustrating when it changes.

Building to order is the way to go. Guessing specs and building in batches and trying to match orders en-route is pure idiocy, same as rushing for Quarter end results ! They know what people have ordered, so just build those cars (in batches if you like but at least you're building the cars you're definitely going to sell)

I hope you all get your cars as soon as possible. This part of the process is kind of exciting and in the current situation - frustrating as hell at the same time.

In the meantime to take your minds off refreshing your order pages, if you want to ask any questions to someone who has already had the car for 3 months now, feel free to ask away and I'll give you my honest views, thoughts, insights.

Cheers !
Great post. Refreshing the app and spending hours plotting shipping and rumours from factories just leads to madness. I’m going to try and zone out and hope I get my Y before 2023.

Reactions: Pete UK
Yeah, had a great experience so far. First EV. Car was perfect on collection. Love the regen braking. The tech. The Tesla wall charger is so user friendly. Fantastic all rounder. Love it !
All I've done so far is reduce the tyre pressure from 50 to 42 about 3 weeks after collection and noticed a big ride improvement (20" inductions). Much better over potholes. Also I got rid of the ugly number plate holders.

Haven't done any paint treatments or anything. Just a couple of washes. Considered Alloy Gators but decided against. Parcel shelf - forget about it, don't even notice it not being there, plus its not rattling away or in the way for loading stuff. WRT PPF, I guess if you have an accident and are expecting the insurance company to cover the cost of replacement PPF, then maybe you need to discuss it with them, if you're gonna eat the replacement cost yourself in the event of an accident, then thats different. But I have no experience of this. Personally I'll just get any scratches buffed out if it occurs. This all depends a lot on where you live/drive etc. I know if I spend a lot on that stuff, someone will just drive into me the next day anyway :eek: I do understand why people want to do it though. Can make a lot of sense.

I'd say the Shanghai MY has a good quality feel about it and all the panels and interior fitting is perfect and feels robust.

3,000 miles in, no issues. The frustrating wait will be well worth it the you get yours. Good luck and good riddance Covid !
I’ll take you up on the offer to ask questions and escape the eDd madness!

At what % of full charge do you lose the regen braking?
Reason I ask is Mrs T will drive the car mainly so I want it to behave as consistently as possible, but still be as full as possible for the start of the weeks commute.
So should the car be charged to say only 80% or can it be 95%?

My EDD was one of those that had been holding in June for weeks. Just now changed to Est. Delivery: September.

Ordered 20-APR, so back to what the website originally said…. I’m hoping they get some RHDs loaded and it changes back!

Order spec is in signature.

Interesting that we’ve ordered the same car but I’ve not had anything specific about a VIN. My update yesterday (despite changing to say ‘May’ for one day), stating 27-30 June, is reassuring.
Despite everyone saying their EDDs are being pushed back, the app and website account for mine, is once again showing ‘May’. It really is baffling, as there seems to be little consensus that a shipment is on its way, so unless a matched car was already in the UK, is it even possible?
I’ve not had any other comms with a VIN.

Attachments

• CC709B57-1F8C-494E-8E91-CFEE93D256FD.png
    CC709B57-1F8C-494E-8E91-CFEE93D256FD.png
    407 KB · Views: 60
  • 9457DBA5-D7C0-487A-98C6-D78BBEBD3C1D.jpeg
    9457DBA5-D7C0-487A-98C6-D78BBEBD3C1D.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 35
For the two posts above, I would second Pete UK's post above : if the EDD is showing a month, without any date range, I believe this is a revert to the estimate you had at the time of order.
I would say that the formula could be something like : "EDD month = Order date + 100days".

This would mean that they have no info and no forecast... I'm In the same boat for my March order that has changed last Friday unfortunately.