Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. The wait is so frustrating.

Just wondering why tesla keep changing the EDD, especially from june to september.

- Those who are yet to complete the pre -delivery tasks ( payment, trade in etc)
- Unpopular configuration ( for eg blue/white/20")
- Those who ordered after march

just a thought :) I might be wrong
My EDD has been stuck on ‘May’ for the last week.

Haven’t a clue what’s going on.

So a RED MYLR 19" came up on Tesla accelerated delivery, so I reserved it, gonna see if my lease company will let me swap my current RN into this one, as I would rather take this one now, than risk not getting on end of June to be honest. Not my preferred colour but I can live with that

I'm white/white with 20 and have changed today to Jun 25-30 as well. NEC collection.

In the last week or so I've narrowed as follows

Jun 04-30
Jun 20-30
Jun 23-30
Jun 25-30

In normal circumstances you would expect the narrowing of dates to be due to an increased level of certainty, but in these times who knows. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and find it says August.
MY EDD has now completely disappeared, I have completed all the tasks so not sure why did I lose out my spot :(

I'm in a halfway house with them - ordered via company, so get no visibility of EDD, but still watching the forums with intent... i'm blowing my own mind !!
As i didn't order directly through Tesla i also have no visibility of EDD other than what the lease company tells me. last update was Tesla has no EDD for my order at all lol. A match is supposedly pending early July!

Am financed. Mine is still holding at June 26th to 30th. It has been all over the place in the past three weeks and in the last week the dates have been narrowing.

MYLR, Blue/Black/Gemini
Depends if you are financed through Tesla or 3rd party.
If it's 3rd party, technically Tesla gets paid in full by the bank/leasing company upon delivery, so it's same as cash for them.

I've got a Blue/Black/Gemini ordered 8th march for collection in Bristol. Was 1-29th June until 10 days ago and has been 17-30 June since then. My colleague happened to order the exact same a few days before me and his date has recently changed from a later June window to aug/sept and is now "July" 🤔 I completed all the "Tasks" shortly after order whereas he only did his very recently - might explain the difference in dates?

I've got a Blue/Black/Gemini ordered 8th march for collection in Bristol. Was 1-29th June until 10 days ago and has been 17-30 June since then. My colleague happened to order the exact same a few days before me and his date has recently changed from a later June window to aug/sept and is now "July" 🤔 I completed all the "Tasks" shortly after order whereas he only did his very recently - might explain the difference in dates?

Exactly. Tesla website clearly says "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Depends if you are financed through Tesla or 3rd party.
If it's 3rd party, technically Tesla gets paid in full by the bank/leasing company upon delivery, so it's same as cash for them.
It would be the same for Tesla Finance; they are separate entities funded by the money markets. They get their money day one also.
Then again, I might be making it up.😉

I doubt there are many UK orders for MY LR Red/White/Gems and of those, few or any who have not been pushed back to August /Sept EDDs.

There is, I am sure, some method in their apparently random batch making decisions; white then black then ... then .... then red. In these difficult times with fewer cars in production I believe that spec trumps other consideration like order date and funding.

Now then ..... where does it say I know what I'm talking about.🤔

Just heard back from the Tesla Supervisor ref the large payment I made assuming my Model Y Red was going to be delivered around 24-30th.

The chap was decent and was concerned with the fact I had been asked for payment as a car hadn't been allocated by them and he confirmed they NEVER ask for payment until a car is actually allocated. In my case it appears to have been a glitch but they are fully refunding the amount back to my account

Order still kept and I will simply repay them once I have a car confirmed and allocated, if it's September that's fair enough and thus far they've acted professionally and actively reached out to me to resolve. Will simply reset my expectations to September time.

He also mentioned they are having a torid time with Shanghai at present, they are equally as frustrated