Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me and my business partner are both waiting on MYLRs through Select Car Leasing, early-April order date on both cars.

His spec was Blue/Black 20s, EDD for August

Mine was MSM/Black 20s, EDD for May

He got his text from Tesla yesterday saying his car is en-route. Nothing for me. Just goes to show Tesla’s EDD system is total guesswork 😂 Heart goes out to the poor buggers who ordered back in Jan/Feb and are seeing orders from April/May fulfilled before theirs.
Sums it up - your business partner has the same spec as me - different leasing company (I went via the Tesla site and used their 'preferred partner' ALD) and pick up location I expect so I understands there are differences - still annoys though (although pleased for those who benefit from the allocation methods).

Quick question for a discussion, does anybody know if the 'chosen ones' who have received a VIN will get their car delivered with a mobile connector? Also what is the story with Matrix Headlights at the moment, I have been hearing some noise that they are only on the performance model?

I have an MSM/Black/19" ordered 5th of March. No VIN 😥
but more than that I also had a trade in price expire on the 21st of May. Sent new mileage numbers and have heard nothing. I have heard that Tesla are only handing out quotes now if your delivery is expected within 60 days. Makes sense. I have a June 18th to 30th EDD so why have I not had an updated number? Its almost like the EDD means nothing.......

My 2019 M3 trade in has also expired, how did you update the milage

On order MYLR White/Black 19” Ordered 24 March EAP Bristol del, EDD 18-30 June

if you go on your order page it should ask you for updated mileage

Nothing on the order page. I hope EAP isn’t the problem.

Quick question for a discussion, does anybody know if the 'chosen ones' who have received a VIN will get their car delivered with a mobile connector? Also what is the story with Matrix Headlights at the moment, I have been hearing some noise that they are only on the performance model?
I don't think we will know for sure until cars are delivered. My understanding/expectation is mobile connector and matrix headlights for all but that's certainly not documented clearly anywhere I've seen (especially the headlights: it could be argued the mobile connector was part of product advertising at the time of order)

Reactions: Jimmyc22
I don't think we will know for sure until cars are delivered. My understanding/expectation is mobile connector and matrix headlights for all but that's certainly not documented clearly anywhere I've seen (especially the headlights: it could be argued the mobile connector was part of product advertising at the time of order)

Thanks for replying - so if it doesn't come with a mobile connector, we would have something to go back to Tesla with before having to order one?

Thanks for replying - so if it doesn't come with a mobile connector, we would have something to go back to Tesla with before having to order one?
My understanding was that it was in the US only where the connector had been dropped and only on cars ordered after a certain date in April.
We can't even buy the mobile connector in the UK yet, as it was made available on the Tesla site in the US before they stopped supplying it as standard. I would surmise that we will still get the connector unless stated otherwise.

if it doesn't come with a mobile connector, we would have something to go back to Tesla with before having to order one?

Tesla have no history of doing that - in UK at least. I think they did do that in USA (although even then I think it was "Orders from TODAY", but I might be misremembering and they actually said "Orders from LAST WEEK")

Historically Tesla have done "Price has gone up, we will honour the price from when you placed your order" and "Price has gone down, we will give you a discount"

But all that was before 10% inflation ... and long lead times following the Shanghai lockdown delays.

Reactions: Jimmyc22
Do you mind sharing links or photos or your stuff?

This link may help?

Congratulations to all those getting VINs and narrower delivery windows.

I ordered a MYLR MSM White interior 19" on 09/04/22.

Original EDD was June
...then July
...woke up this morning to 6th Aug - 15th Sep :(
Great taste. Exact same spec ordered a couple weeks before you. So far July is holding. Initially had June, went through Aug-Sept for a couple weeks at the end of Apr/beginning of May. Hope I won’t jinx myself… we’ll see.

Reactions: Daedalus