Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the exact same situation - I reckon all the midnight silvers have gone to Aug/Sept....
Still July for my MSM! 🤞
If Tesla has never delivered a car at the start of a quarter before, why show it as an EDD in their algorithm then…
Have to believe that it will be an option… we’ll know soon enough.

Just saw a Red/White TMY in a 71 plate in Central London earlier today. Was really envious I must say.

Still July for my MSM! 🤞
If Tesla has never delivered a car at the start of a quarter before, why show it as an EDD in their algorithm then…

Just saw a Red/White TMY in a 71 plate in Central London earlier today. Was really envious I must say.
Elon quoted back in November that they need to put an end to the end of quarter push and try to be more steady. The 3 week break in Shanghai is the perfect catalyst to break the cycle.

Reactions: MrMoonUK and ElsDee
My EDD just moved from 17th-30th June to August 08 - September 17, OD 10th March. Supposed to be here in May and needed to sell two vehicles to pay for it which i thought would be hard to sell but went quickly, been sharing the wife's car which is a pain so now need to think about buying a stop gap car or dump the Tesla and get a replacement neither of which i want to do, what a paIn in the backside!!

OMG! Just back from SWMBO's birthday lunch. Kept my promise; left the mobile and therefore EDD checking at home.
Just checked to find it's come forward to July again from August/September.

Once you open your app it can read your adrenaline level through your finger tips. I must have become too fatalistic. Now I'm buzzin'............

Now then.....do I risk telling SWMBO of the change? I think not; I don't want to have to break the news when it goes back to September:oops:.
COME ON RED !😌
At least you have an EDD, mine disappeared 3 weeks ago and since then it's blank. So annoying!

Still July for my MSM! 🤞

Intersting; I saw my first Red/White Y today also in South London. Also, a MSM on the A3 that pulled away like a rocket. So much fun awaits us.

One thing to consider that may be explaining a few of these out-of-order allocations is deferred deliveries.
Our car scheme is operated by Leaseplan, who are opening the ordering window 9 months before renewal dates now.

I received my RN mid March, but will not be allowed to return my existing vehicle till late September, and cannot take delivery of the Tesla prior to that date.

Thus, I imagine if Leaseplan or I got notified of a match in say Q2, they’d have to reject/defer. This would release a vehicle to another RN.

Reactions: Wattsisname
One thing to consider that may be explaining a few of these out-of-order allocations is deferred deliveries.
Our car scheme is operated by Leaseplan, who are opening the ordering window 9 months before renewal dates now.

I received my RN mid March, but will not be allowed to return my existing vehicle till late September, and cannot take delivery of the Tesla prior to that date.

Thus, I imagine if Leaseplan or I got notified of a match in say Q2, they’d have to reject/defer. This would release a vehicle to another RN.
What's your spec please?

My EDD just gone from 18-30 June to July. Seems like they ran out of blue paint. After my test drive was a bit unimpressed so this might push me to cancel…
Test drive??? Who has a test drive?!? Just follow the hype and lease a £60k car without ever being in one 🤣. Had a Skoda Enyaq on order from Oct last year to be told “it’s going to be at least September” so said screw it I’ll have a Tesla instead! Never been in a Model Y before ordering! (Still never seen/been in one!)

Elon quoted back in November that they need to put an end to the end of quarter push and try to be more steady. The 3 week break in Shanghai is the perfect catalyst to break the cycle.

I think he still needs the wall street effect (Twitter debacle hasn't helped share price ...), so that needs good quarterly results. He may have been banking on Berlin coming on stream months ago ... which would have smoothed things out in EU ...

Never been in a Model Y before ordering! (Still never seen/been in one!)

I had a test drive in the first Model-S ... ordered both the M3 and MY before there was anything in the UK to test drive! and my first experience of both was driving it away from collection.

Model-S was a whip-the-sheet-off and an hour's one-on-one with the handover guy.

Turned up for the M3 and got a powerpoint presentation ... told me everything I needed to know.

Turned up for the MY and found two guys at a wooden table in a multi-storey car park ...

True but if its a cash purchase and he doesnt like it he will probably not lose much if any money if he sells it. And if he cancels and orders something else instead he will probably wait a year plus. So there's that.
A very good point; even before handover, Teslas are offered for sale with 20 or 50 miles on the clock at a premium over list.
Some people order to resell.
Now then..... if he does cancel, who steps up a place....