Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my car through Tusker Salary Sacrafice on 20th April. I don't have access to the Tesla app because it is a company car so can only rely on updates from Tusker. The expected delivery date has been early October with the status as 'On Order'. Over the weekend it changed to early July and a status of 'Car in transit'.

Does anyone here have any experience of using tusker and the accuract of their information?

The car I ordered is MY, Grey, Black, 19s
Get the RN number from Tuskers and call Tesla direct. That's what I have had to do. Not ideal to be honest.
And yeah the app doesn't show anything until you physically pick up the car, at which point the car will get transferred to you, well that's what I've been told !

Reactions: Utumno
Over the weekend it changed to early July and a status of 'Car in transit'.

My reading of that (given that Tesla don't deliver cars in 1st month of quarter - although with Shanghai lockdown this July may be exceptional) is that Tesla has scheduled to deliver the car at the very end of June (That IS in line with what we are seeing with shipments post Shanghai lockdown, and Tesla's normal procedure of clearing every single car to "Completed sale" by end of Quarter) and Tusker then expecting to get the car to you first-few-days-of-July.

But if you are expecting to collect the car, direct from Tesla, then I reckon that is unlikely ...

Plenty of "July" [non specific date] Estimated Delivery Dates for folk here ... and the thinking on that is that they are in the queue for June cancellations.

Reactions: ME_UK
No sense buying a car you have serious doubts over. Not something you should have to learn to like.
Agreed. I think that with Teslas, most of us have sold ourselves on the car and the idea of the car before we test drive or buy. I decided, in 2015, when I saw my first Model S, that I would have a Tesla at some stage. I liked the Model 3 (I had an hour in a performance) but found it a little snug for me now. The Y is perfect in that regard. Also, having watched many reviews, I kinda knew what to expect.

My first test drive was great. I went back for more but not to ensure that I was making the right decision, just for the pleasure of it. However,
had there been any niggles, I am sure they would have shown up.

It would be a dull world if most of us drove the same car, particularly if, as I witnessed in East Germany, the car was a Trabant. :eek:(Of course it's now a collectors' item.) Unlike the DDR of old, we have enormous choices to exercise...... and thereby reduce the EDDs😇for the Y.

Reactions: QuanTim
at 70 on a dual carriageway I felt I was being thrown around, as if I was going down a farm track. This is a road I drive a lot in my 10 year old Hyundai and it rides considerably better. Being given only 30 minute to test it doesn't help as it's not like I can try a variety of roads.
I suggest cancelling the order right now, get the car back in the pool so it might give me an extra chance of receiving a cancelation..🤡

My reading of that (given that Tesla don't deliver cars in 1st month of quarter - although with Shanghai lockdown this July may be exceptional) is that Tesla has scheduled to deliver the car at the very end of June (That IS in line with what we are seeing with shipments post Shanghai lockdown, and Tesla's normal procedure of clearing every single car to "Completed sale" by end of Quarter) and Tusker then expecting to get the car to you first-few-days-of-July.

But if you are expecting to collect the car, direct from Tesla, then I reckon that is unlikely ...

Plenty of "July" [non specific date] Estimated Delivery Dates for folk here ... and the thinking on that is that they are in the queue for June cancellations.
I'll be looking out for that "Car in transit message". Because Covid has ripped Q2 figs a new one, and the share holders' presentation will be well into July, Elon might like to announce that Q3 is off to a brilliant start, and therefore, they may keep the pressure on for July deliveries rather than have a comatose Q3 start.

Now then..... when did I adopt the habit of pontificating without any factual basis? Or is it just optimism triumphing over experience:)

I'll be looking out for that "Car in transit message". Because Covid has ripped Q2 figs a new one, and the share holders' presentation will be well into July, Elon might like to announce that Q3 is off to a brilliant start, and therefore, they may keep the pressure on for July deliveries rather than have a comatose Q3 start.

Now then..... when did I adopt the habit of pontificating without any factual basis? Or is it just optimism triumphing over experience:)
Agreed. A constant feed to all regions is the ultimate goal GOING FORWARD (not looking at historic patterns). No point employing UK staff to sit on there hands for the majority of a quarter to trying to cram everything in at the end!

Reactions: Wattsisname

I don't want to dampen hope. Whilst it is true that the board of Tesla will want to have a positive outlook in the July investor presentation on how they dealt with the GFC shutdown, the reality is Tesla has no problem selling every car they produce. So if GFC is presently producing cars at a brisk rate, are they better putting them on ships with long transit times or delivering them to closer destinations to sell quickly? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Reactions: Jason71
the share holders' presentation will be well into July, Elon might like to announce that ...

... or to cram all the bad news into Q2 ... stock price plummets, the Party Faithful BUY and Reap rewards ...

No point employing UK staff to sit on there hands for the majority of a quarter to trying to cram everything in at the end!

But ... but ... but ... they've got all those Trade Ins to flog in Month-1 of the quarter :)

A bit patronising:rolleyes:.
It suggests that any alternative opinions are tosh. Where Elon and Tesla is concerned, nothing can be taken as obvious.
It was not my intention. My thinking is if Tesla wants to push through a sale of every car built in June and early July as quickly as possible (which is sensible), putting them on a 3-week boat journey seems counterintuitive. As you rightly say, however, Tesla does work in mysterious ways.

I ordered my car through Tusker Salary Sacrafice on 20th April. I don't have access to the Tesla app because it is a company car so can only rely on updates from Tusker. The expected delivery date has been early October with the status as 'On Order'. Over the weekend it changed to early July and a status of 'Car in transit'.

Does anyone here have any experience of using tusker and the accuract of their information?

I have my car sourced through Tusker. I equally got excited earlier in the order/delivery process when the status moved to “In Transit To Dealer”. However all it means on the Tusker system is that everything order-wise is complete and Tusker have given authority for Tesla to contact you when the car has been matched and delivery date is confirmed. So really you are in the same black hole as everyone else with an EDD of July. Tusker will give you the RN number for your order if you ask them and you should also ask them for the Tesla phone number for the delivery team. Make sure you have set up your Tesla account and have a contact number on it too so they can text you. You will likely have to collect your car from one of the usual delivery locations but you can check this with Tusker/Tesla too. But for now its a waiting game along with everyone else 😀.

I have my car sourced through Tusker. I equally got excited earlier in the order/delivery process when the status moved to “In Transit To Dealer”. However all it means on the Tusker system is that everything order-wise is complete and Tusker have given authority for Tesla to contact you when the car has been matched and delivery date is confirmed. So really you are in the same black hole as everyone else with an EDD of July. Tusker will give you the RN number for your order if you ask them and you should also ask them for the Tesla phone number for the delivery team. Make sure you have set up your Tesla account and have a contact number on it too so they can text you. You will likely have to collect your car from one of the usual delivery locations but you can check this with Tusker/Tesla too. But for now its a waiting game along with everyone else 😀.
Well I suppose the upside is at least the order is progressing! Thank you for the clarification. I have the RN number so I will try and get a number for the delivery team!

I assume the production line has to be reconfigured for RHD which is why we get this bunching. I do feel sorry for the staff who have to take in an ever increasing number of vehicles in a month that will never get any longer.

How they deal with this going forward is anyones guess. But I do hope they explore what has been stated recently and that is not rushing at the end of quarter.

Same as you but ordered back in March. It has been 'In transit' for months now. It is a bit of a cluster with neither Tusker or Tesla knowing what is happening. It seems like it is a case of wait and see. It is REALLY frustrating to say the least. I would prefer more detail but it seems the best you get is "Don't call us, we will call you"

Regarding your question I think the next update you get will be from Tesla saying it will be next week but that is not likely until September now. Like I said a cluster.

I assume the production line has to be reconfigured for RHD which is why we get this bunching

Its not so much about reconfiguring the line; unlike other manufacturers who produce to-order (with cars coming down the line for any/all options, and parts arriving at each fitting station "just in time, and correctly matched"), Tesla produce cars in Colour, Trim, etc. batches and none are produced to order. So you are in one of, say, 20 Model/Colour/Trim queues waiting for your batch to go into production, and a batch may be for part or all of the back order quantity, or even more than that allowing some for "stock" - whatever is an economic batch-size, optimising for what their individual suppliers can provide at the time, the order-rate they expect, and so on.

Once the batch is built and on a boat heading for UK shores your order gets matched to a specific VIN.

A number of people in the queue will cancel / postpone delivery ... and then others will get a late-call for "Can you collect tomorrow?". Anything not allocated towards the end of the quarter is offered as inventory - some people compromise on their requirements depending on what is available, or someone winds up getting one "tomorrow" - which of course they tell all their mates about :) Basically they all get sold before end of quarter.

Right now, post lockdown in Shanghai, its going to take a bit of time to clear backlog so I doubt there will be much, if any, inventory next quarter.

Reactions: CheshireCheese
Test drive??? Who has a test drive?!? Just follow the hype and lease a £60k car without ever being in one 🤣. Had a Skoda Enyaq on order from Oct last year to be told “it’s going to be at least September” so said screw it I’ll have a Tesla instead! Never been in a Model Y before ordering! (Still never seen/been in one!)
Exactly the same scenario as you, Enyaq fully specced on order since Oct 4th, canned it and ordered a Model Y after diabolical CS from Skoda and zero commitments on delivery

Exactly the same scenario as you, Enyaq fully specced on order since Oct 4th, canned it and ordered a Model Y after diabolical CS from Skoda and zero commitments on delivery
VW are still unable to deliver ID.3's ordered in July 2021 and Skoda are no better. I know of one person who ordered 7 July 2021 with an unconfirmed build week of 45/2022 (7 Nov). A minimum of 69 weeks from order to build maybe starting. Some ordering August 2021 don't even have that, and a shrug from their dealers (but given all production is now allocated for 2022, their vehicle won't even start being built now until 2023).

And only two days ago, another ID.3 orderer was advised that VW have already "upgraded" his order to a "Model Year 23" specification.

(I may have mentioned I gave up on our ID.3 Tour order; I still run the ID.3 delivery tracker spreadsheet for id3forums.co.uk that's been tracking VW's woeful ID.3 deliveries since June last year)