Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
continuous recording

There are gaps though - between each "section", which might include something critical. Quality is poor too ... but you do get front, back and both sides ... either way, a GoPro / DashCam would be better for what you describe.

to capture anything of interest on a trip

Something like this? :)

Reactions: Wattsisname
Having heard nothing from Zen on this order I just spoke with Tesla on Live Chat to be told that I have a car and VIN and collection is booked for 29/06 at Bristol... Brilliant news!
So after reading this I also tried Tesla and low an behold I have been matched and I’m apparently booked in for a collection from Staines on the 29th. Still no comms from Zen and no text from Tesla. I’m pretty sure Zen have been saying all along that the car will be delivered. I mean I’m not complaining, I’d have happily gone to Koper to get it. 🤷‍♂️

From Zen:

“Unfortunately our entire batch of vehicles from Tesla has been delayed due to the lockdown in Shanghai. The lockdown has resulted in vehicle being delayed in release from factory and the production of the vehicles has also been halved.

The new ETA for your order is now July 2022 as it stands unfortunately. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.”

From Zen:

“Unfortunately our entire batch of vehicles from Tesla has been delayed due to the lockdown in Shanghai. The lockdown has resulted in vehicle being delayed in release from factory and the production of the vehicles has also been halved.

The new ETA for your order is now July 2022 as it stands unfortunately. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.”
I expect the same email shortly! If it goes passed July I have to give my current Zen car back and it will need a service! Least Renault zoe is cheap to service

I ordered a Y LR white / black / Induction 20s / EAP at the start of March and like most of you, have watched my EDD jump from May to June to May to June etc, but a week ago, it moved to 5/8-14/9. Aside from the fact I’m in America from 4/8 until the end of the month, it’s very frustrating to get no info, spurious or conflicting info, but it is what it is. The main point of my post is that I’ve transferred my reservation to Tusker, which was all sorted in the last few days. I spoke to Tusker yesterday as my RN disappeared from my account and whilst I received an email from Tesla, to my work address, asking me to create an account, I have no visibility of a car / EDD at all. I spoke to a helpful person at Tusker who contacted Tesla and they have responded in writing, saying I haven’t been match and that it will likely be in August now. I was told my a Tesla employee, they planned to ship vehicles in July (not late June ETAs, but more cars), but this was then disputed by another person I spoke to.
Don’t know what to believe but pissed off at the thought of missing a DD when I’m away, or having a 22 plate, days before a reg change, after all the assurances of a Q2 delivery!

From Zen:

I’d heard that the May batch was now due in June and June batch now due in July. Maybe that’s actually the case.

I’d heard that the May batch was now due in June and June batch now due in July. Maybe that’s actually the case.
I'm May batch. Zen called me today giving an update that it would likely be July/August.

I don't think anyone at TESLA (or the leasing companies) who interact with customers know of what the transportation plans are.

We will just have to hope Shanghai gets back on its feet, can sustain production and see what happens.

On my work Tusker order system for employees they have approximately 175 Model Y’s available as pre-ordered cars. They are LR’s in White, Black, Blue and MSM with Gemini and Induction wheels. No Red ones! Delivery indicated as ‘October’. They also have a few M3’s some of which are performance models but nowhere near the same numbers as the MY’s.

Means more chance for you to get one of the red ones they will make!
The roller coaster we have all been on nothing will surpise me any more.🥱

I am still sat on this.
Current June Delivery.jpg

On my work Tusker order system for employees they have approximately 175 Model Y’s available as pre-ordered cars. They are LR’s in White, Black, Blue and MSM with Gemini and Induction wheels. No Red ones! Delivery indicated as ‘October’. They also have a few M3’s some of which are performance models but nowhere near the same numbers as the MY’s.
I saw the same today too and spoke to Tusker who say they dont order in bulk and only order based on individual spec/order on a single car basis. So are these all cars that people ordered on the sal sac scheme and then either dont want them or perhaps have left the company before taking delivery?

Apologies to all for interrupting the leasing discussion. I posted the following in an appropriate thread which may not be viewed by my UK Model Y friends. So, your forbearance and informative responses will be much appreciated.

My current Model Y EDD is July at present.

So, I have been giving thought to the cameras and what they record. Having been an early GoPro adopter (but now using cheaper alternatives), firstly on my motor bike, then the car (front and back) and now on my bicycle helmet, I am used to making longer recordings.

My question (finally:rolleyes:) Can the short loop of the Tesla cameras be changed to continuous recording, when moving, if a high capacity solid state storage device is used?

Having regard to the increasing popularity of dash cams, not just for accident records but also to capture anything of interest on a trip, it would seem obvious to provide a continuous recording option. Also, tooting the horn to capture the last ten minutes before and during an accident, is all very fine if one is able so to do after an impact.

Otherwise, and is seems so counter to the spirit of our high tech cars, that I will have to continue using an old school dash cam.
As mentioned earlier, after a crash it automatically saves the dash cam footage from all 4 cameras. It doesn't fully cover 360 degrees but I think it would provide excellent enough footage for any insurance purposes.

Instead of beeping the horn, you can press the camera icon on the screen to save any footage instead, which doesn't draw unnecessary attention to you or aggravate the situation to a nearby aggressive driver who now thinks you are lambasting his(her) actions.

The video quality when viewed on the cars large screen is very impressive. Not sure if its 1080p or not (suspect it is). I get bored watching any driving footage longer than 30 seconds anyway but you might drive in a more interesting environment !

Its nice to know its just running in the background and its "set and forget" - no faffing. The thing I want to know is; Is it possible to run sentry mode without it making a noise and flashing the lights. Being parked at home on a drive close to a road, it goes off when people are innocently walking past the frunk. I want to use it at home to record possible attempted attacks/ (theft by people with long EDD's) - but having it go off all the time is annoying, so for now sentry "home location" is excluded. Any ideas?

Cheers !

Reactions: Wattsisname
As mentioned earlier, after a crash it automatically saves the dash cam footage from all 4 cameras. It doesn't fully cover 360 degrees but I think it would provide excellent enough footage for any insurance purposes.

Instead of beeping the horn, you can press the camera icon on the screen to save any footage instead, which doesn't draw unnecessary attention to you or aggravate the situation to a nearby aggressive driver who now thinks you are lambasting his(her) actions.

The video quality when viewed on the cars large screen is very impressive. Not sure if its 1080p or not (suspect it is). I get bored watching any driving footage longer than 30 seconds anyway but you might drive in a more interesting environment !

Its nice to know its just running in the background and its "set and forget" - no faffing. The thing I want to know is; Is it possible to run sentry mode without it making a noise and flashing the lights. Being parked at home on a drive close to a road, it goes off when people are innocently walking past the frunk. I want to use it at home to record possible attempted attacks/ (theft by people with long EDD's) - but having it go off all the time is annoying, so for now sentry "home location" is excluded. Any ideas?

Cheers

Good info thank you. Also concerning the sensitivity of