Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buzbe,
If the spec is matching what you want, then it may be worth you accepting the offer, as someone else may not be so principled and will take the car. The monthly payment difference will be marginal, but you will get the car at least 3 months earlier than the rest of us.
All the best with the decision making. Let us know how it goes.
Principles have nothing to do with it. Octopus could market that car right now as “In Stock” for immediate lease collection and the person taking that deal would be none the wiser.

Instead they are trying to market that to existing waiting customers on the same terms as the new customer.

All totally legit, and happens all the time.

Reactions: kcrane
Question for those in the know if I may. We placed our order for cash payment, and subsequently decided to finance it through our bank on PCP. I’m expecting to pay our deposit direct to Tesla and our bank pay them the balance. Is that how it works generally? And, does this still count as a cash order from Teslas perspective or will they want to change it to something else? Really don’t want to upset things given we have our delivery date booked in, but obviously it needs to be right.

Buzbe,
If the spec is matching what you want, then it may be worth you accepting the offer, as someone else may not be so principled and will take the car. The monthly payment difference will be marginal, but you will get the car at least 3 months earlier than the rest of us.
All the best with the decision making. Let us know how it goes.
Very sensible rationale. I would go for it in a heartbeat; getting the car three months early would probably put six months on my life. But then, I am in bucket list territory :).

Also, as only a portion of the total value/cost is amortised over the lease period, therefore the effect on the payments, as you suggest, should not be great. I do not imagine that Tesla are at fault here but rather someone in the leasing company sizing an opportunity... never mind, if he does not take it, someone else will.

PS I was speaking hypothetically; I await delivery (at a collection hub) on 29th June. I ordered 2 March.

Last edited:
They can easily double-man the transporter to avoid the 45 minute break.
No need to be double manned. LGV drivers can drive for 4.5 hours before needing a 45 minute mandatory break, only 130 miles from the NEC. Obviously if they are within hours before loading. I would imagine that there will be loads of transporters already pre booked and waiting for when the boat comes in to bring them straight out of Southampton. Probably many of them will drive down full with a load from JLR to drop at Southampton.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Very sensible rationale. I would go for it in a heartbeat; getting the car three months early would probably put six months on my life. But then, I am in bucket list territory :).

Also, as only a portion of the total value/cost is amortised over the lease period, therefore the effect on the payments, as you suggest, should not be great. I do not imagine that Tesla are at fault here but rather someone in the leasing company sizing an opportunity... never mind, if he does not take it, someone else will.

PS I was speaking hypothetically; I await delivery (at a collection hub) on 29th June. I ordered 2 March.
I have been reading this thread and was impressed by your witty posts. All the best for your new Model Y delivery.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Yep - so in theory this is an order from the last 2 weeks...

Very very shady if they're allocating that many recent orders ahead of orders from 2 months ago...
Not necessarly - If you make any change in the order , even regisetred owner ( I guess) , then the latest price get applied. I tried adding EAP recently (which is a software udpate and can be done after reciving the car as well) through my order , but it was adding £1000 extra addition to the EAP - So I backed out. So possibly they may be trying to change the registered owner name ( someone who has cancelled ) to your name. I'm just guessing !

Question for those in the know if I may. We placed our order for cash payment, and subsequently decided to finance it through our bank on PCP. I’m expecting to pay our deposit direct to Tesla and our bank pay them the balance. Is that how it works generally? And, does this still count as a cash order from Teslas perspective or will they want to change it to something else? Really don’t want to upset things given we have our delivery date booked in, but obviously it needs to be right.
Check the source code of your order page (on a computer). It will show Tesla’s order type. Which bank is offering the PCP? Check with them whether they will release the payment before delivery. If it was a personal loan, then it would be fine as you would drawdown the loan and then make the total payment to Tesla. As it is a PCP, the bank will probably want to make payment to Tesla directly and may ask you to pay your deposit to them, so that they can make full payment to Tesla.

So my Model 3 is up for sale via Motorway today, their valuation is almost £2k more than the Tesla trade in offer, so I’m going with it, have sold a couple of cars via Motorway before with good results.

I’d previously accepted the Tesla trade in offer so am assuming that if it sells via Motorway I can just contact Tesla and remove the trade in. Hoping to be able to do that before they create my final invoice. Pick up 29th June so I imagine I won’t get that for another week or two anyway.

Not necessarly - If you make any change in the order , even regisetred owner ( I guess) , then the latest price get applied. I tried adding EAP recently (which is a software udpate and can be done after reciving the car as well) through my order , but it was adding £1000 extra addition to the EAP - So I backed out. So possibly they may be trying to change the registered owner name ( someone who has cancelled ) to your name. I'm just guessing !
This could explain things you're right (although the registered owner should still be the lease co..)

Suspect there is a point of principal involved - I get the quicker delivery but why should a lease company have a Nett benefit of a few hundred quid for doing sod all!
You are right of course. However, on a 1:10 scale of those egregious rip offs, commercial and political, of which we are so often unaware, it hardly registers.

Now then..... SWMBO says that if it was us, she would go for it.... anything for my return to tolerable, post EDD, sanity three months sooner.

You are right of course. However, on a 1:10 scale of those egregious rip offs, commercial and political, of which we are so often unaware, it hardly registers.

Now then..... SWMBO says that if it was us, she would go for it.... anything for my return to tolerable, post EDD, sanity three months sooner.
P.S. She just qualified her position: anything as long as it's not more than current list price.

So my Model 3 is up for sale via Motorway today, their valuation is almost £2k more than the Tesla trade in offer, so I’m going with it, have sold a couple of cars via Motorway before with good results.

I’d previously accepted the Tesla trade in offer so am assuming that if it sells via Motorway I can just contact Tesla and remove the trade in. Hoping to be able to do that before they create my final invoice. Pick up 29th June so I imagine I won’t get that for another week or two anyway.
Result! everything crossed for you even though
it makes walking a trial🙄