Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model Y on the 22nd.

Tesla Glasgow delivered to my house in Dunfermline so had to do the check over in my drive 😂

Overall everything was great except the PPF, a few bubbles and grit. Booked in for a service appointment in Edinburgh already, hopefully fixed next week.

Car arrived with over 50% battery.

Something I have noted though is ride quality is significantly better than when I test drove the Y in Glasgow on the 20s, I have the 19s. The wife was adamant I had optioned an upgrade for the suspension when she drove cos it was so different.

I was under the impression the difference between 20s and 19s was minor?

Our other car just now is BMW X3 m40i with adaptive suspension. My Y is on par with that, if not a little better on pot holes and such.
I concur, even after under 100 miles.

The Y we have does not crash and does not thump even over awful rural Oxfordshire roads. It feels expensively damped and far better that the Y I test drove.

Reactions: Toblerone
I concur, even after under 100 miles.

The Y we have does not crash and does not thump even over awful rural Oxfordshire roads. It feels expensively damped and far better that the Y I test drove.
There’s been a suggestion of a change in suspension from Giga Berlin cars. Maybe it’s rolled over to Shanghai too?
I test drove a ‘22 plate YLR last week and decided I didn’t like the ride. So I ordered a 3LR to replace my SR+. I’m now wondering if I’ve made the right decision. If they’ve fixed the ride it’d probably be a better car for me…..

The radar is still there it seems, RsymonsEV has a YouTube video where he replaces the front bumper and they had a look for the sensor. There was some noise that the EU want to mandate intelligent speed and automated braking, and that such systems would be required to have a radar and not just be camera based, but probably all internet conjecture.
Hmmm. Thanks for replying KCH and Harrow Y. Seem to have had two contradictory answers 🤣.

Is there really no way to tell if it has radar without removing the bumper?

Picked up my MY from Staines today. It's fantastic. Spent the afternoon putting in all the wee upgrades. Even though I did two test drives I was still really surprised with the quality of ride, firm but def not harsh (currently drives a Merc c200). And the thing also flies. Love the driver profile setup as my other half has everything from chill mode to speed limit chimes switched on which my brain can't understand the need for 😁
Also the autopilot is amazing, was stuck in start stop traffic around kingston today and I did f'all the car took care of everything 🙂 Def going to get used to that.
Screenshot_2022-06-25-21-53-18-47_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Picked up my MY from Staines today. It's fantastic. Spent the afternoon putting in all the wee upgrades. Even though I did two test drives I was still really surprised with the quality of ride, firm but def not harsh (currently drives a Merc c200). And the thing also flies. Love the driver profile setup as my other half has everything from chill mode to speed limit chimes switched on which my brain can't understand the need for 😁
Also the autopilot is amazing, was stuck in start stop traffic around kingston today and I did f'all the car took care of everything 🙂 Def going to get used to that.View attachment 821056

Looks amazing, enjoy AP sounds amazing 😁

Reactions: Meanbean
Also the autopilot is amazing, was stuck in start stop traffic around kingston today and I did f'all the car took care of everything 🙂 Def going to get used to that.View attachment 821056
What wheel covers are those? The Rimetrix ones? They look really good, much better than the standard covers.

Reactions: Meanbean
Can anyone tell me if the Model Y LRs currently being delivered to us in UK still have radar, or has that been removed now? I think I read something about Tesla having switched to visual only, but then maybe reverting back to radar?
No, the currently being delivered model y‘s do not have radar, I had to accept that change as it was included when I originally ordered. The first batch that were delivered in the UK in Feb/March still had radar.

There was a recent news item about Tesla filing with the FCC to use high definition (?) radar in the future… It’s not clear how this fits with the vision only approach - there is the possibility that a regulator will demand more sensors that vision only I suppose.

Reactions: Moorman and KCH1984
No, the currently being delivered model y‘s do not have radar, I had to accept that change as it was included when I originally ordered. The first batch that were delivered in the UK in Feb/March still had radar.

There was a recent news item about Tesla filing with the FCC to use high definition (?) radar in the future… It’s not clear how this fits with the vision only approach - there is the possibility that a regulator will demand more sensors that vision only I suppose.
So parcel shelf in, radar out then?

I took delivery of my Model Y on the 22nd.

Tesla Glasgow delivered to my house in Dunfermline so had to do the check over in my drive 😂

Overall everything was great except the PPF, a few bubbles and grit. Booked in for a service appointment in Edinburgh already, hopefully fixed next week.

Car arrived with over 50% battery.

Something I have noted though is ride quality is significantly better than when I test drove the Y in Glasgow on the 20s, I have the 19s. The wife was adamant I had optioned an upgrade for the suspension when she drove cos it was so different.

I was under the impression the difference between 20s and 19s was minor?

Our other car just now is BMW X3 m40i with adaptive suspension. My Y is on par with that, if not a little better on pot holes and such.
Interesting - I’m on the 19s and can’t say there’s a huge amount of difference from the 20s I test drive. So maybe there has been a change.

I’ve lowered the tyre pressures to 40psi all round and would say it’s definitely still firmer than my previous G05 X5 with M Adaptive suspension. So my experience is definitely different to yours given we’re on the same wheel option with the Y.

Reactions: Toblerone
Interesting - I’m on the 19s and can’t say there’s a huge amount of difference from the 20s I test drive. So maybe there has been a change.

I’ve lowered the tyre pressures to 40psi all round and would say it’s definitely still firmer than my previous G05 X5 with M Adaptive suspension. So my experience is definitely different to yours given we’re on the same wheel option with the Y.

Did you pick yours up recently? Like i mentioned i found little differnce between the 19’s and 20’s, actually found the 20’s quieter 🤔

What wheel covers are those? The Rimetrix ones? They look really good, much better than the standard covers.
Yeah, the rimetrixs. Very easy to fit. They definitely look better than the standard Gemini covers, but not as good as the inductions though imho. But I went with the 19" due to concerns about the ride quality, but it's totally flipping fine. Tbh am not sure what all the fuss is about. Not looked at the tire pressure at all yet. If I saw a bargain set of 2nd hand inductions I might be tempted in the future.

I also added AB (Ssssh!!!) as soon as I got home 🙂🚀🚀🚀

Last edited:
Congrats to all collecting cars (grits teeth) 😊

Question on tyre pressure - I normally run at 2.5 bar (37 psi), but clearly a Skoda Superb is a tad lighter than one of these beasts - what's the ideal pressure?
Mine were delivered at 45psi but I dropped them to 42psi. Did a run to Peebles to the dump, (yes 1 day old car full of surplus stuff from the loft and some off cut carpet - it is vast with the seats down) and it was the most enjoyable drive I’ve ever done on that road. Love the ride and the one foot driving. Revolutionary for me after a petrol Mercedes estate and various turbo diesels before that.

Follow up - I've had the text with the reg and pick up scheduled for Monday at Southampton! Original EDD met after all and seems I can finally get off this roller-coaster journey.

Anyone else in a similar situation, I'd say it is certainly worth a shot to let them know you can be flexible and fully pay up (if funds allow) but as always YMMV.
Congrats on getting yours but this just shows what a f*****g joke Tesla are when it comes to allocating orders! I ordered the exact same spec almost 2 weeks before you when the EDD was May and here I am with no car at all and no sign of the Tesla!

9 weeks from order to pick up today in Glasgow.

Slight scratch above rear wheel which should polish out & the bubbles/hairs in the PPF are a sight to behold.

The Glasgow guys were outstanding though, booked straight in to get sorted out next week.

Other than that, it’s an awesome car. The ride is a good bit firmer than the MERC GLC that went before it, but then again it couldn’t corner like this Model Y does.

Delighted with it, only thing is Disney + app isn’t in the ‘Theatre’ even after updating the software, could be a deal breaker for the upcoming road trip!
8153A578-7CB0-467C-BBCF-28E4B4D3890B.jpeg
E63BE90D-73F7-404C-9A32-F57DE65C2675.jpeg

Congrats on getting yours but this just shows what a f*****g joke Tesla are when it comes to allocating orders! I ordered the exact same spec almost 2 weeks before you when the EDD was May and here I am with no car at all and no sign of the Tesla!
9 weeks from order to pick up today in Glasgow.

Slight scratch above rear wheel which should polish out & the bubbles/hairs in the PPF are a sight to behold.

The Glasgow guys were outstanding though, booked straight in to get sorted out next week.

Other than that, it’s an awesome car. The ride is a good bit firmer than the MERC GLC that went before it, but then again it couldn’t corner like this Model Y does.

Delighted with it, only thing is Disney + app isn’t in the ‘Theatre’ even after updating the software, could be a deal breaker for the upcoming road trip! View attachment 821105View attachment 821108

Looks beautiful mate, enjoy 😉