Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the ‘list’ still allocated in order date? I saw one allocated 10 days after my order, same spec.
No definitely not, I've seen the same and after talking to Tesla about it, they've confirmed there's a LOT of things that will contribute to being allocated to a cancellation. I've called them a couple of times to make it clear I can collect from anywhere and at any time, not that i think it'll make much difference.

I'm just hoping that my persistance might pay off, I'm fed up of not having a car now.

Reactions: Darreno
So the 2019 Model 3 has now been gone for a week. It served me very well indeed and cost me very little given the current value of used Teslas. Insurance sorted for the incoming Model Y today via Churchill. £10 more than the Model 3 policy, which seems reasonable to me. Pick up the Model Y in Bristol tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

So the 2019 Model 3 has now been gone for a week. It served me very well indeed and cost me very little given the current value of used Teslas. Insurance sorted for the incoming Model Y today via Churchill. £10 more than the Model 3 policy, which seems reasonable to me. Pick up the Model Y in Bristol tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
All the best @interbear. Do share your pick up experience and some pics of the new car

Reactions: interbear
Would be interested to hear how much charge is in the car when you pick up, I’ve got a 180 mile drive home tomorrow - was hoping to do it without needing to top up!
With the inevitable "testing out the acceleration", etc. I highly doubt that's going to be manageable - maybe you'd be better accepting you are going to have a play and plan a stop in somewhere than kacking yourself on your first run not knowing if your going to make it back?

Quick question, has anyone seen the video from rsymons around the enhancements to the german myp? Looks like they’ve finally done something for the suspension and other tweaks. Any recent pickups confirm if some of the changes have made it to the mylr from china? Many thanks
The first thing I noticed from the RSymons video that is not MIG spec is the material in the rear doors.
As for the suspension, sorry, I don’t know as have nothing to compare with.
Coming my from an I3 via an ID.3(loaner until Model Y arrived)…
The suspension is a little twitchy on some bumps but nothing bad.
A short test drive of 45 miles yesterday on both dual/single and side roads and it felt ‘pretty good’. Sorry, bit subjective…

Would be interested to hear how much charge is in the car when you pick up, I’ve got a 180 mile drive home tomorrow - was hoping to do it without needing to top up!

Unless something has changed (recent collectors can comment :) ) charge has been around 30% - you'd be hard pressed to get 120 miles out of that, and you would be flat empty at that point ... so unless by some chance the car is well charged then 180 miles isn't doable.

I have seen collections from satellite collection centres which were well charged (locally), whereas the big "200 car's a day" sites are off-the-transporter and here's-the-keys .... so will only have shipping-charge.

Reactions: Spacerat
Unless something has changed (recent collectors can comment :) ) charge has been around 30% - you'd be hard pressed to get 120 miles out of that, and you would be flat empty at that point ... so unless by some chance the car is well charged then 180 miles isn't doable.

I have seen collections from satellite collection centres which were well charged (locally), whereas the big "200 car's a day" sites are off-the-transporter and here's-the-keys .... so will only have shipping-charge.
Several collectors, including myself, have had 50% on collection.

Don’t worry about it - the charge will be what the charge will be, and there are several superchargers within a few miles from Staines.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Reading all most with great interest. Have a standard white MY with an EDD Sept. Received my order number 19th April. It is a lease via carparison with Lex.

What are views on the best way to:
a, get earlier delivery - clearly the list and flexibility on location but call/email/text myself or ask Carparison broker to?
b, change from white to blue without losing my place in the queue - possibly linked to “the list” approach but will the lease company wear it?
In same boat with Lex too. Out of interest from ordering online to getting the RN from Tesla, did it take a few weeks? Mine took like 3 weeks - ordered 9 April got text on 24 April...cost me a delivery in this shipment possibly!

The first thing I noticed from the RSymons video that is not MIG spec is the material in the rear doors.
As for the suspension, sorry, I don’t know as have nothing to compare with.
Coming my from an I3 via an ID.3(loaner until Model Y arrived)…
The suspension is a little twitchy on some bumps but nothing bad.
A short test drive of 45 miles yesterday on both dual/single and side roads and it felt ‘pretty good’. Sorry, bit subjective…
Thanks for this, I have FOMO and all these videos are a nightmare for me!! Im expecting delivery in September so hopefully some more improvements might make it to the next batch

Starting my day as usual refreshing my EDD, checking the chat. I joined the waiting list but off to my son's graduation in Cambridge, very poud with a first and distingtion in his masters, so phone will be on silent. If I did get a call i thnk i would run to the Tesla showroom for help, just around teh corner. But, if i do not get the call, will the next delivery realy be the last week of September? So my Dilema, i have always bought cars outright, but my work are looking to offer a sacrifice scheme, although it was due Q2, it may be Q4 as we actually own the Leasing company, so HR have no clear idea. I guess if not untill the end of Sep I can wait to see if I can switch it to the leasing company or bump it to later in the year if we get the all clear from the regulators? So does nect quarter mean last week of September or will they deliver in July or August? :(

Reactions: orangespoon
Starting my day as usual refreshing my EDD, checking the chat. I joined the waiting list but off to my son's graduation in Cambridge, very poud with a first and distingtion in his masters, so phone will be on silent. If I did get a call i thnk i would run to the Tesla showroom for help, just around teh corner. But, if i do not get the call, will the next delivery realy be the last week of September? So my Dilema, i have always bought cars outright, but my work are looking to offer a sacrifice scheme, although it was due Q2, it may be Q4 as we actually own the Leasing company, so HR have no clear idea. I guess if not untill the end of Sep I can wait to see if I can switch it to the leasing company or bump it to later in the year if we get the all clear from the regulators? So does nect quarter mean last week of September or will they deliver in July or August? :(

I was told by the Tesla agent to expect delivery in September, assuming mid to late. I have since been allocated a last minute car, so would assume I was fairly high up the list for the next batch of allocations.

My advice would be expect 3rd week of September and if it is any earlier than that it’s a bonus.