Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reckon we aren’t getting them until September anyway. There is a 2 week shutdown of the production line starting 1-July, then add on a few weeks worth of production and 1 month at sea and that’s the earliest we would get.

Saying that, if they do offer me end of Aug I would accept, as I fear otherwise it would be end of December at the earliest.
4 Days shutdown, apparently that "2 weeks" was completely wrong.

• Disagree
Reactions: Toblerone
I called today, lady said it’s unlikely given we’re a day off the end of the month. I presume any not sold in Q2 will go to replenish the demo stocks along with any rejected cars in the next few weeks.
Exactly, I've given up now as they did confirm order date is kind of irrelevant when it comes to the "List" Those closest to Southampton get preference, despite potentially ordering weeks after someone else with the exact same spec, even if they're happy to travel.

What's annoying is, they could call me at 9pm tonight and I'd still be happy to collect at 7am tomorrow morning, despite a 4 hour drive.

Reactions: nscar
Reactions: DrPhlegm
I understand it’s a 4 day total plant shutdown, followed by a 2-week closure & upgrade of the MY and M3 lines:

And to further concur - Tesla (TSLA) to Upgrade Giga Shanghai to Bolster Capacity

All for the greater good in the end!

I understand it’s a 4 day total plant shutdown, followed by a 2-week closure & upgrade of the MY and M3 lines:

"according to an internal memo seen by Reuters"

As with everything surrounding Tesla, who knows!

EDDs all over the place, wait times 3 times longer than advised when enticing you to add options to the car and, 2hrs to talk to Emma on chat despite the first message saying 1 Minute 🤣

After today, I'm going to put a block on this forums URL, I'm doing it within the router though so I can't be bothered to remove it each time I try and logon. I'm also going to stop following the groups on Facebook and hopefully I'll forget I've even ordered one!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Ordered my MYLR Blue/Black/19s/AP in mid/late May via company scheme with Zenith. Initially told of a mid-November EDD with conversations with Emma et al hinting it could be August/September (will know in July).

Already caught up in the daily madness of this thread and I've potentially got another 4.5 months. Any hints on not losing my mind?

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Ordered my MYLR Blue/Black/19s/AP in mid/late May via company scheme with Zenith. Initially told of a mid-November EDD with conversations with Emma et al hinting it could be August/September (will know in July).

Already caught up in the daily madness of this thread and I've potentially got another 4.5 months. Any hints on not losing my mind?

Give up now, it's inevitable!

It's Tesla 'eve. Spoke to delivery driver earlier, coming at 12.00 tomorrow, feels official now, said I'd drop him off at station after. He's coming from Edinburgh from another drop-off (I'm in Midlands), car located near me though. Asked if he's done many drop offs for model Ys and he said no, usually cars are done by flat bed but these are too heavy. He asked what I thought of the car, said no idea, I'm a shoot first ask questions later person, guess I'll find out tomorrow!

It's Tesla 'eve. Spoke to delivery driver earlier, coming at 12.00 tomorrow, feels official now, said I'd drop him off at station after. He's coming from Edinburgh from another drop-off (I'm in Midlands), car located near me though. Asked if he's done many drop offs for model Ys and he said no, usually cars are done by flat bed but these are too heavy. He asked what I thought of the car, said no idea, I'm a shoot first ask questions later person, guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Mine arrived on a flat bed 😂

Guess he just wanted a blast in my tesla then! Will double check for stone chips and bald tyres 😉
Or 'my' delivery company were playing fast and loose with the weight!

First world problems, but the model Y was on the back of a flatbed open to the elements (and stone chips etc anyway) whereas the car previous (BMW X5) came in one of those fully covered carriers and came out looking like it had just rolled off the production line immaculate.

This. I got shot down in flames suggesting it, but I remain convinced the 4 days is the full on power down, then there will be ~2 weeks of retooling once the power is back on. I appreciate this is unpopular, so bring out the ack-ack and the fast bowler if y'all like 😂

I don't think i would like someone to physically drive my car to deliver it to me there are plenty of other ways to deliver!... lol