Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As slim as the chances are, and not to dash your dreams, be mindful that you would also need to wait to get your V5C in the post before travelling abroad…
Mine's on lease, so I don't ever get the V5C, although I would need the "Green Card" for it though, and that takes a week. Reliable old Ranger Diesel it will probably be.

You are braver than me. I'm off to the Netherlands end of August and planning to keep my old car for that trip if the MY arrives beforehand as don't trust P&O on the crossing to keep the car safe!
I'm going on the tunnel.. Last time I took the kids on the ferry it was a complete nightmare lol

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi all, has anyone experienced this with a lease order (specifically Lex), please?

I contacted Tesla to enquiry about joining the mythical cancellation list, and after giving my RN got the following reply:

"I have had a a look at your order and I can see that your order is a lease order, we are currently waiting for your lease company to confirm the final details to ensure that everything is ok to proceed from their side.

Once we have everything in place from the lease company, we will be able to provide an update for you."

Which suggests Tesla are waiting for Lex and as such my order is currently on hold?

TIA for any assistance.

I've just got back after taking the kids out for a spin and dazzling them with the light show, the youth of today are seriously spoilt! They've declared it the best car they've ever been in which when you compare it with a 14 plate Kia and a Golf I guess it's not saying much.

Anyway, the good stuff from today:

- As a Tesla newbie the collection experience was a novelty and also really slick. Arriving in Staines, with planes flying in to Heathrow above, it felt like I was collecting my rental car on holiday.
- The attentiveness when I found faults (more on that in a second) was reassuring, they seemed to take everything seriously. I get the impression that might not have been the case if I was one of the 50 people booked in at 2pm however!
- Once the callibration was complete the trip back around the M25, with a brief stop at South Mimms for a charge, was effortless. I travel a lot with work, normally by train as it's usually not as knackering, however I can see me using the MY for work journeys from now on.

And the not so great stuff:

- There were some minor scratches in 4 places around the car
- The screws in the mud flaps were missing, easily fixable I'm guessing
- The rear screen had some odd scorch type markings along the bottom - image below. The team tried various cleaning products to try and remove it however they seemed a bit perplexed and said they'd never really seen anything like that before. They confirmed that if a service centre can't resolve then they will replace the glass. At this point I thought about declining the car however knowing that there'd be a 3 month wait and I'd taken a day out to collect it I thought the mechanics would likely be sound so it's still worth keeping.
- On the mechanics I noticed a slight vibration of the steering wheel at 65mph+ nothing earth shattering but enough to notice. I've noted it on the service report and will see what they say. I'll do some proper research in a bit however has anyone else experienced similar? I'm on 20s.

I've got a service request scheduled for a couple of weeks, which is frustrating as I wanted to get the ceramic coated sorted ASAP, especially as the black really shows the finger prints around the door.

View attachment 823204
So the car was in the service centre on Monday and most of yesterday. They've now fixed all issues bar the rear screen which they're going to replace once the part is stock as they could only polish out so much.

As with the pick up experience on Thursday I was impressed by the service levels, from booking the initial request through to drop off (and being ferried back to my house 30 mins away) and then the speed of fixing the issues.

For reference in case anyone else has had issues upon delivery - the bodywork was rectified with a polish and the vibration was sorted with a rebalance. They also fixed a rattle, we started to hear behind the main console screen over the weekend, by removing the panel below the air vents and identifying the noise.

Now it's time to get it booked in for a ceramic coating and detailing with our local garage!

Hi all, has anyone experienced this with a lease order (specifically Lex), please?

I contacted Tesla to enquiry about joining the mythical cancellation list, and after giving my RN got the following reply:

Which suggests Tesla are waiting for Lex and as such my order is currently on hold?

TIA for any assistance.
My order's with SelectCarLeasing, though I believe they're a broker and it's Lex financing it - when I spoke to Tesla there was no mention of this sort of thing and they added me to the list so I suggest you get in touch with Lex to check they think everything's okay their end. If you have an RN, though, that means the car is ordered so hopefully it'll all be okay.

Is anyone having any problems ordering via salary sacrifice via WeVee? I ordered direct with teal on 18th March and then transferred my RN over to WeVee, I understand finance is handled by Lex. I’ve today been told my latest estimate is Nov! It was phrased as allocation pending. Is anyone else having similar problems? When I placed the original order with Tesla the EDD was mid May to June.

Spec is MY/white/Black/19

An observation; given the fact that majority of the orders are so far in White colour (ref. Tesla SA) I am surprised to see only few on the roads in comparison to other colours. I wonder if the part shortage extended to the supply of white paint as well or there are more white colour corporate orders holding up the deliveries…otherwise I would have thought there would be more white MYs among the few we see on the roads today…I see quite a few grey, blue, black then white and red (just saw the first one yesterday and looked amazing!!!)

My order's with SelectCarLeasing, though I believe they're a broker and it's Lex financing it - when I spoke to Tesla there was no mention of this sort of thing and they added me to the list so I suggest you get in touch with Lex to check they think everything's okay their end. If you have an RN, though, that means the car is ordered so hopefully it'll all be okay.
I’ve had a reply back saying all is good with my order and the car is expected in November 🙄

Great, May delivery when I ordered, then was told “July onwards”, then September and now November. Someone else on here said they’d been told November by Lex, so that’s two of us now.

👍yours probably will be in the first batch off the ship in August.

The only change I have in the last 1.5 month is that now I can’t see my EDD on the app unless I go into my account…
Same here. Date stuck at 05 Sep to 20 Oct. Date in app disappeared since Lex tried to take over the order (Transfer to salary sacrifice scheme). Lex wants me to pay the new higher price (by increasing lease rental) although Tesla have confirmed to me that they are not charging the new price for orders which are transferred. I am thinking of not proceeding with salary sacrifice as the entire control of my order is then with Lex. Lex are currently quoting delivery of December / January.