Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD moved from Aug10th-Sept28th to Sept5th-Sept30th today. Narrowed window.
In my 3rd/4th EDD iteration I had a similar delayed but narrowed down window (mid June timing) which gave me the hope that perhaps closer to the D day things were getting more accurate-unfortunately wasn’t the case…

For over a month my EDD hasn’t changed - still a good wide 1.5 month window from end of Aug to mid October - now reading your message made me think once again, will the history repeat itself or safe to expect a fine tuned algorithm output and hope for the best?

Reactions: BushFox
I’m a bit late (enjoying post pick up too much) but thought handy passing on for future handovers.

Thursday was so easy, although would have been nice to sit down in a queue for 30 mins after stomping through Southampton for 40 mins to get there!
They verified who I was, signed the iPad and gave me the keys. I found my car pretty easily and had a thorough look around it.

Three issues
- they were VERY generous with the black wheel shine with it all over the alloys - they polished it straight out.
- some scratches from cleaning on the bonnet.
- the rear door PPF (with thanks to others highlighting on here) had very small air bubbles in it.

The chaps on site had four service vehicles onsite and two of them polished out the wheels, ceramic polished the bonnet with buffer and replaced the PPF’s on both sides.

The guys were saying that the PPF’s were only installed as the cars came off the boat and gave problems as they have so many to put on so quickly. He even said the quality isn’t always totally there as one of the ones he replaced already had scratches on it so had to replace it as well!
Apparently they were handing over around 900 vehicles a day at Southampton alone!
The service chappy was also saying how he loved Tesla’s but he would never have the auto-driving upgrade as it’s not reliable.

I know a couple in the spot next to me had some awful black marks on the roof/side linings inside (good to meet you by the way!)

Main tip - just spend 20 mins looking thoroughly inside and out and back again. Can’t be too careful but issues happen and they are always happy to help.

Also weird at how many people are on this page and I heard were referring to it in Southampton alone!

Attachments

• 89E45898-0655-44F9-A60F-9BDF8D773E52.jpeg
    89E45898-0655-44F9-A60F-9BDF8D773E52.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 59
I’m a bit late (enjoying post pick up too much) but thought handy passing on for future handovers.

Thursday was so easy, although would have been nice to sit down in a queue for 30 mins after stomping through Southampton for 40 mins to get there!
They verified who I was, signed the iPad and gave me the keys. I found my car pretty easily and had a thorough look around it.

Three issues
- they were VERY generous with the black wheel shine with it all over the alloys - they polished it straight out.
- the rear door PPF (with thanks to others highlighting on here) had very small air bubbles in it.

The chaps on site had four service vehicles onsite and two of them polished out the wheels, ceramic polished the bonnet with buffer and replaced the PPF’s on both sides.

The guys were saying that the PPF’s were only installed as the cars came off the boat and gave problems as they have so many to put on so quickly. He even said the quality isn’t always totally there as one of the ones he replaced already had scratches on it so had to replace it as well!
Apparently they were handing over around 900 vehicles a day at Southampton alone!
The service chappy was also saying how he loved Tesla’s but he would never have the auto-driving upgrade as it’s not reliable.

I know a couple in the spot next to me had some awful black marks on the roof/side linings inside (good to meet you by the way!)

Main tip - just spend 20 mins looking thoroughly inside and out and back again. Can’t be too careful but issues happen and they are always happy to help.

Also weird at how many people are on this page and I heard were referring to it in Southampton alone!
Thanks for the update. Good for us Q3 hopefuls.
And that picture. TeamBlue for the win.

In my 3rd/4th EDD iteration I had a similar delayed but narrowed down window (mid June timing) which gave me the hope that perhaps closer to the D day things were getting more accurate-unfortunately wasn’t the case…

For over a month my EDD hasn’t changed - still a good wide 1.5 month window from end of Aug to mid October - now reading your message made me think once again, will the history repeat itself or safe to expect a fine tuned algorithm output and hope for the best?
Yes I had same previous narrowing with no result Q2 and being on “the list” didn’t help either. I look at all these dates as aspirational now, watch daily update Mr M of shipping and try to not get too excited until an actual VIN arrives……….

This has probably been answered before, but let's hope Mr M is right, and there are mid-August deliveries - what happens if you are on holiday when the delivery date is offered? I'm guessing Tesla will not hold onto your car for a week - but how far do you slip?

Reactions: robmcm
Morning - organised hire of a MYLR in black with gemini wheels on Friday, Zen Auto just contacted me saying it will be available at the end of this month as it's a stock car. I'm a simple soul, so will take that at face value for now.
Need to start buying essentials in advance - as well as organising the give back of my hybrid x5

Three issues

Thanks for this. I will be collecting from Southampton too. How did you get the attention of the service team? Did you have to go back to the check in area ( which I imagine was a fair distance from your car?) Not that I am too lazy to walk!

Reactions: Perna
This has probably been answered before, but let's hope Mr M is right, and there are mid-August deliveries - what happens if you are on holiday when the delivery date is offered? I'm guessing Tesla will not hold onto your car for a week - but how far do you slip?
It happened to us with our 2019 M3P delivery. There was no issue asking for a 7 day extension and Tesla was, at the time, very understanding. Things may be different now, of course, but I would hope asking for a later delivery is no problem as long as you are taking delivery before the end of the financial quarter in which delivery is initially scheduled. It may be fine to push into the next quarter but I am less confident of that.

Reactions: Toblerone and ME_UK
It happened to us with our 2019 M3P delivery. There was no issue asking for a 7 day extension and Tesla was, at the time, very understanding. Things may be different now, of course, but I would hope asking for a later delivery is no problem as long as you are taking delivery before the end of the financial quarter in which delivery is initially scheduled. It may be fine to push into the next quarter but I am less confident of that.
One of my referrals (originally scheduled June 2020) kept pushing back and eventually took delivery end September 2021, five quarters later. That may not happen these days of course but with demand still high I doubt Tesla will have an issue reallocating cars.

One of my referrals (originally scheduled June 2020) kept pushing back and eventually took delivery end September 2021, five quarters later. That may not happen these days of course but with demand still high I doubt Tesla will have an issue reallocating cars.
I may have misunderstood the original question but I thought @ME_UK was asking if Tesla would hold his car for him for up to a week if he is on vacation or unavailable on the day they set for collection. I thought his desire is to not have his car reallocated.

Reactions: Toblerone and ME_UK
I may have misunderstood the original question but I thought @ME_UK was asking if Tesla would hold his car for him for up to a week if he is on vacation or unavailable on the day they set for collection. I thought his desire is to not have his car reallocated.
Yes I think that's correct. I was responding to "It may be fine to push into the next quarter but I am less confident of that" in case people are worried that after 7 days they may lose the reservation entirely.

Reactions: ME_UK