Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are displeased with the apr now offered and you ordered a blue/black/20s car before me (20-Apr), then I recommend you cancel. 😉

If your spec differs or you ordered later, I recommend keeping the order and then flipping it on Autotrader for £5k profit.
Then you really show them who’s boss.

Or you know, deal with it and keep the car. Your choice!

• Funny
Reactions: oneear
This is EXACTLY the response I keep getting from Tesla. Mine's through a Lex broker, Rivervale - Lex say everything is in order, Tesla say they're waiting for a written confirmation that everything is okay to proceed. I have an RN. The broker says that Lex never provide written okays, they are also frustrated that Tesla never give out accurate information - I assume that it'll all work itself out in the end. As long as that end hurries up lol.
My broker has come back to me saying Tesla have confirmed all is ok with my order and they are expecting my car in November (didn’t say which year, though, can you tell I’m getting a bit tetchy with this? 🙄)

I’m trying to calculate when to notify Volvo I want to hand my current EV back and with a current EDD of Sep-Nov I was going for Mid November but having checked Frizzy DB there are only 4 others waiting on Blue / with Black & 20’s (Tesla Loan) so not sure whether this is a good thing or bad and whether I’m being too optimistic thinking it might actually arrive in September. I really don’t want to be without a car but don’t want to be paying for 2 cars for months. I have to give 3 months notice.

I know in reality none of us can figure it out and it appears to be quite random but that doesn’t stop me asking for opinions!

Trignflo
MYLR Blue / Black /20s

Reactions: Toblerone
I’m trying to calculate when to notify Volvo I want to hand my current EV back and with a current EDD of Sep-Nov I was going for Mid November but having checked Frizzy DB there are only 4 others waiting on Blue / with Black & 20’s (Tesla Loan) so not sure whether this is a good thing or bad and whether I’m being too optimistic thinking it might actually arrive in September. I really don’t want to be without a car but don’t want to be paying for 2 cars for months. I have to give 3 months notice.

I know in reality none of us can figure it out and it appears to be quite random but that doesn’t stop me asking for opinions!

Trignflo
MYLR Blue / Black /20s
Blue/Black/20s gang here - September and December are the quarter ends so the most likely. Not saying Nov can’t happen, but see if we get any August deliveries for comparison (month 2 of the quarter).

You should get a VIN allocated a month out and that’s the safest point to notify handing back. Even then the car could be damaged in transit - Q2 saw a car with a damaged bumper, etc that may not have been delivered.

May the odds be ever in your favour ✌️

From Tesla by email

I have looked into the APR change for you and with your current finance with black horse expiring you will have to apply for the proposal to be reinstated. This will however be at the new APR rate of 5.9% as the delivery times are estimates which are subject to change.
This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!
Not only the reason for the quote to expire is Tesla's own failure to deliver on schedule, but when asked on the chat, they told several forum members that the agreed APR would be kept.
This is a dickish move. We had to not only suffer the additional delays, but now they want us to charge more money for the inconvenience?? How is that fair?
Will definitely cancel my order if this is confirmed.
Not long to wait for me, I suppose my expiry will be in the next couple of days...
I had a holding response from Tesla rep who said that 'if there are any changes then Tesla (BH) will get in touch". I guess they reserve the right to change the APR if a new agreement is produced. As annoying as that is; I'm please that I locked in the price of the Tesla before the prices went UPUPUP!.

I’ve had a reply back saying all is good with my order and the car is expected in November 🙄

Great, May delivery when I ordered, then was told “July onwards”, then September and now November. Someone else on here said they’d been told November by Lex, so that’s two of us now.
I really wouldn't take any notice of what Tesla / Lex say - it's all total conjecture at this stage.

I was told since order (4th April) that my car (MSM) would definitely be turning up in early June on multiple occasions and that my business partner's car (Blue) was going to be end of Summer. 6 weeks later, he's been driving his for a week and I'm now being told September...

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed for a couple of weeks and hope that we wake up to that mythical text as the first ships start arriving into the Suez Canal area...

Blue/Black/20s gang here - September and December are the quarter ends so the most likely. Not saying Nov can’t happen, but see if we get any August deliveries for comparison (month 2 of the quarter).

You should get a VIN allocated a month out and that’s the safest point to notify handing back. Even then the car could be damaged in transit - Q2 saw a car with a damaged bumper, etc that may not have been delivered.

May the odds be ever in your favour ✌️
Spoke too soon, EDD changed today to

Estimated Delivery: November 20 - January 04​

I’m sure it will change many times before it arrives!

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
Ordered an Audi Q4 in Nov ‘21. Thought it would arrive Q1 ‘22! Cancelled that on basis no Audi delivery in 2022. Order Tesla MYLR mid Mar ‘22. Hope it arrives before hitting the 12 month anniversary. More excited about the MY than I ever was with the Q4
Similar story, ordered Q4 in November 21 too, delivery expected April 22, but by Feb 22 it’s was April 23. So glad switched to MY in Feb 22. Now a graduate of Q2 2022, it’s a revolutionary move and one I won’t ever stop smiling about.

Reactions: pa_clarke
I was stopping at a hotel Friday night and they had a pop up Tesla shop there with a MY and M3. Some interesting things I saw and found out when I was there:-

1 panel gaps on the MY they had were quite misaligned on some areas. Chap said they had noticed and they are waiting for a new one with a parcel shelf.

2 kerb and road rash on the 20’s were horrendous and he said go for the 19’s and get the rimetrix covers. Apparently they know of them and like them a lot.

3) car was absolutely dirty

4) I’ve still not changed my mind and he was confident it will be this quarter as he looked my order up on the computer.

Last edited:
I was stopping at a hotel Friday night and they had a pop up Tesla shop there with a MY and M3. Some interesting things I saw and found out when I was there:-

1 panel gaps on the MY they had were quite misaligned on some areas. Chap said they had noticed and they are waiting for a new one with a parcel shelf.

2 kerb rash on the 20’s were horrendous and he said go for the 19’s and get the rimetrix covers. Apparently they know of them and like them a lot.

4) I’ve still not changed my mind and he was confident it will be this quarter as he looked my order up on the computer.
Surprised they didn’t sell every single one for Q2 end. At least it’s an honest representation of what you could get!

2 kerb and road rash on the 20’s were horrendous and he said go for the 19’s and get the rimetrix covers. Apparently they know of them and like them a lot.

Good to hear as I ordered the Rimetrix covers last week! Love the look of the inductions ( especially with white paint) but couldn't bring myself to spend over £2k on wheels because they looked nicer! Not a fan of the covers the 19" comes with either...and couldn't be bothered with all the faff of powder coating/ spraying etc. One advantage the Rimetrix have over the standard covers is that they cover the whole of the wheel...so good for hiding existing kerb rash and and also protecting the wheels against future kerb rash...I also ordered a spare cover just in case i totally destroy one of them ( pretty much inevitable!)

Good to hear as I ordered the Rimetrix covers last week! Love the look of the inductions ( especially with white paint) but couldn't bring myself to spend over £2k on wheels because they looked nicer! Not a fan of the covers the 19" comes with either...and couldn't be bothered with all the faff of powder coating/ spraying etc. One advantage the Rimetrix have over the standard covers is that they cover the whole of the wheel...so good for hiding existing kerb rash and and also protecting the wheels against future kerb rash...I also ordered a spare cover just in case i totally destroy one of them ( pretty much inevitable!)
I’m going to order the Rimetrix too. Makes sense and then the Gemini's can of back on prior to trade in

Reactions: Andenan
I’m going to order the Rimetrix too. Makes sense and then the Gemini's can of back on

I find the 19s look a bit lost, 20s seem to be just about right. It’s a shame they couldn’t fit higher profile tyres to the 20s as there seems to be enough of a gap in the arch
Yep. I found these pics of the Rimetrix on 19"s...because the covers are bigger than the standard covers to my eye at least they look less lost. And I saw them IRL a few weeks back and thought they looked pretty good

Attachments

• IMG-20220707-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20220707-WA0006.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG-20220707-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220707-WA0005.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Luro and Benotomy