Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the most important things to get? I keep seeing lists of 30 essentials but when I see things like phone holders or spoilers on the list, I can’t seem to trust that they’re all essentials
Direct from Tesla I’ve gone for:
Key fob (for Mrs T) but apparently it’s useful to open the boot when you’ve got shopping, etc
Roof Rack
Tesla Frunk Mat (@ £13 it’s prob the best value thing Tesla sell!)

Then from Ali Express or similar:
All weather mats
Rear vent covers (to stop things like mints or coins getting in there and never being retrieved - from evaccessories.co.uk)
Console trays (never in stock with Tesla and more choice on Ali)
Gulley covers for under the bonnet to stop leaves etc near top of front struts (lots of trees where I park)
Spoiler
Bright led boot light
Then lots of tat like valve dust caps and microfibre cloth, etc 🤣

May still get:
Extension cable from tough leads
Spigen Matt screen protector

Already had:
12v tyre inflator

Thanks... Just setup Distill and now have that opening and monitoring.
I have one monitor for the EDD and another checking the VIN page (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders).

Adding the following regular expression for the VIN page cuts down the big blob into the pertinent part and will prevent you getting change notifications in any other part of the text:
"vin":"\w*"

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 12.23.53.png

Key fob (for Mrs T) but apparently it’s useful to open the boot when you’ve got shopping, etc
Roof Rack

All weather mats
Rear vent covers (to stop things like mints or coins getting in there and never being retrieved - from evaccessories.co.uk)
Gulley covers for under the bonnet to stop leaves etc near top of front struts (lots of trees where I park)
Spoiler
Bright led boot light

May still get:

Already had:
12v tyre inflator
Thanks for this!

I think I'll compile a list and make an order when the dates approaches, I think number 1 on the list is definitely those floor mats. Screen protector from Spigen, is definitely a want more than a need but I've always have Spigen products so I think I'll get it as an "essential"

Reactions: Toblerone
I have one monitor for the EDD and another checking the VIN page (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders).

Adding the following regular expression for the VIN page cuts down the big blob into the pertinent part and will prevent you getting change notifications in any other part of the text:
"vin":"\w*"

View attachment 838484
Yeah I wrote my own little script that checks the VIN in the api call, if it's not authenticated it'll open a headless Chrome and login me in with my Password and 2FA code and then check the API call.

I would add (but upon delivery of the car)
- Jack pads, apparently a must to avoid damaging the battery pack if the car needs to be lifted by someone not seasoned to Teslas
- Aluminium pedals for the looks
- Various EU and commando plugs for the UMC
I think the jack pads are a must, but most people have never had their car off the ground. I personally plan on switching the brake calipers so I've been looking for some good Jacks & Jack Pads

Roof Rack

All weather mats
Spoiler
Bright led boot light

May still get:

Already had:
12v tyre inflator
Console storage trays are in stock at the moment with Tesla.
Also how about the Tesla storage bins, they were the first thing I ordered and very good from Tesla. Stops stuff falling in the cavernous each side in the boot.
Edit: Locking wheel nut's as well, especially if you have inductions.

Reactions: Toblerone and ROTA
Yeah I wrote my own little script that checks the VIN in the api call, if it's not authenticated it'll open a headless Chrome and login me in with my Password and 2FA code and then check the API call.
I've thought about all the different things I could write like this, but I've managed to control myself and settle for Distill. Although your solution is better because I do get logged out of my Tesla account every so often and the Distill monitor stops working (although it doesnt alert me, and I just have to log in again). It suits me enough for hopefully what will only be another few weeks.

Reactions: Daedalus and ROTA
Do we know if the Tesla’s still come with a flash drive for Sentry Mode? I’ve heard people say yes and no and a lot say they’ve straightaway replaced the one that does come with the car with a faster drive.

Thoughts?
Yes, it comes with a thumb drive in the glove box. However, most replace it for a faster read/write drive. I had a spare 1TB NVME drive (Overkill) which I put into an enclose for the car.

Reactions: Toblerone and ROTA
I think the jack pads are a must, but most people have never had their car off the ground. I personally plan on switching the brake calipers so I've been looking for some good Jacks & Jack Pads
For me it’s in case of a flat tyre in the middle of Bumblefuck (happened before). I will be glad to always carry a jack pad in the boot for the local tyre shop before they do some irreparable damage while attempting to lift it up.

Reactions: Toblerone
Console storage trays are in stock at the moment with Tesla.
Also how about the Tesla storage bins, they were the first thing I ordered and very good from Tesla. Stops stuff falling in the cavernous each side in the boot.
Edit: Locking wheel nut's as well, especially if you have inductions.
Agreed for the boot storage bins however I guess the much cheaper aliexpress ones can do the same job. I must say I don’t get the £73 price tag on the Tesla shop for two nasty plastic bins.

- Jack pads, apparently a must to avoid damaging the battery pack if the car needs to be lifted by someone not seasoned to Teslas
I got "Aluminum" pedals for the look - can't help but love the look/feeling of seeing those gorgeous pedals on the P models so had to replicate.
I will also get Jack Pads just because, in the event you'd ever need them, then you'd definitely want to have them on hand!

Spoiler
Bright led boot light

Oooh nice, what led boot light did you get? One that replaces the OEM one or a separate accessory?
I've thought about the spoiler but not completely sure. The little lip at the back looks pretty sick as it is so might be one of those things I get after a while.

I'll also look into door handle lights (is that what they're called?). The lights in the carpark in our apartment block sometimes don't turn on unless you walk all the way down to trigger them and it can be quite dark. From what I've heard, it can be hard to pick out the flush black door handles sometimes.

- Various EU and commando plugs for the UMC
Oh yeah - I have also have 4x Jack pads in a case and 32a commando. May get a 16a, cos why not. Prob not essential, but what really is?!