Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mrs bob is also hoping I get a vin for September delivery. She’s hoping 16 years of “BMW driving” ends soon. You know the entitled style where no turn signal indicators are used and refusing to let folks out of side roads (including other bmw drivers) comes to an end. She hopes Tesla driving will fix all this.
You can just move to Edinburgh where you don't need to drive a BMW to drive like you're in a BMW.

• Funny
Reactions: Toblerone
My feelings too. Still not spotted VIN allocation go past my 10th of April OD. Feels like once VINs get allocated beyond this time frame then we'll be progressing nicely through the Q2 backlog.

If there are still more March ODs that need to be allocated then I don't know how many cars will be left for April onwards.

Sooo frustrating... but you gotta be in it to win it. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Another unfocused day to look forward to tomorrow! 😅
I'm watching you closely as we have identical spec and pick-up location, but I'm two weeks behind you. Once you get yours, I will be unable to sit still.

Anyone else surprised by how many March orders were unfulfilled? Didn’t really have a chance of getting the car in Q2 if you ordered in April…

It also seems like the allocations are being done manually in date order, I wonder if they are trying to avoid calls to support from forum members seeing others with later dates get matched first? Fingers crossed they carry on today, or there it another ship soon to cover mid April to mid May!

Emotional rollercoaster yesterday when the EDD for my MSM/Black/20 which I ordered on 19th March changed to Jan - March 2023 and then later to Nov/Dec. Vin now appears in the source code :). When should we expect Tesla to start accepting/requesting the 💰💰?

Usually 2 weeks before delivery but it’s whenever they issue the final invoice, it’ll appear in your Tesla account and you should receive an SMS too.

Anyone else surprised by how many March orders were unfulfilled? Didn’t really have a chance of getting the car in Q2 if you ordered in April…

It also seems like the allocations are being done manually in date order, I wonder if they are trying to avoid calls to support from forum members seeing others with later dates get matched first? Fingers crossed they carry on today, or there it another ship soon to cover mid April to mid May!
That's definitely not happening!

I succumbed and checked my account this morning. As expected, no hidden VIN but, thankfully, no backwards EDD change.

However, it's slowly starting to dawn on me that COMPANION might not be my companion after all... 🥺 (which was, of course, fulled on hopium more than anything from the beginning). We shall see what the rest of the day/week brings!

Reactions: Toblerone
car.jpg

going through the messages on this forum, it looks like:-
1. around 3 pm UK time (9 am Texas) the Tesla team started fiddling around with the EDDs.
2. around 4:30 pm UK time (10:30 am Texas) the first hidden VIN was reported
3. latest orders to have hidden VIN seem to be from early Apr.
I've boldly reduced my Distill checking frequency from every minute to every 5 minutes, and I'll revert back at 3pm! 🤣

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: nscar and Daedalus