Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Part exchangers) Now that some of our Model y's are weeks away, anyone feeling a bit sentimental of letting go of your current car?

I love my Range Rover Evoque First edition. It's gets loads of looks and drives soo good.. sometimes i think i'm crazy letting it go. .View attachment 839030
Not PX but we are going from a two car family to 1. My car had the most equity so I just sold it. Loved it. Mercedes e-class coupe. Amazing car but I don't do anywhere near the miles I used to do so going to one car makes sense. Still sad to hand it back though. Only made slightly easier by the few thousand equity

(Part exchangers) Now that some of our Model y's are weeks away, anyone feeling a bit sentimental of letting go of your current car?

I love my Range Rover Evoque First edition. It's gets loads of looks and drives soo good.. sometimes i think i'm crazy letting it go. .
I’m ”losing“ a BMW X3 M40i (thanks for the BMW driver comments, by the way 😜). Will be very badly missed as it’s been the best car I’ve ever owned.

Attachments

• 4D8DC4E6-BC77-4570-81B2-DAEABA0C5F99.jpeg
    4D8DC4E6-BC77-4570-81B2-DAEABA0C5F99.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Love
Reactions: Edwardlee2
My EDD is also 08-Sep to 30-Sep. No vin as yet. I think we will get vins from the next boat after Glovis Companion. The Glovis Companion did not appear to carry many blues ☹️
We haven’t got to the end of April orders yet. It doesn’t seem to be spec based allocation, saw a Red/White/19 get a vin yesterday, they are normally gold dust 😂. They appear to be going in reservation date order (for direct customers anyway).

Snap!

I did forget how intense this roller coaster can get... Also realised the relief many VINners are getting knowing they no longer need to be on the edge checking/waiting for change. Very happy for you all, what a feeling it must be.

I know our time will come but I just want off this roller coaster now... getting dizzy. 🤢
>starts to wonder if I should increase frequency now, in case some Texas workers get in early<

• Funny
Reactions: Daedalus
I was going to do a PSA to all 19" MY owners to please either paint your wheels black or put the Rimetrix covers on them - but that would be just RUDE!

I brazenly called Tesla again this morning (yeah I should be bloody working! 🙈). Now I know the 1st rule that neither EDDs nor Tesla Advisors' words can be fully trusted, but they were confident that my 1st May order will be fulfilled in September. They mentioned a ship arriving "in September" but didn't get a ship name out of the kind bloke at the end of the line. So either he was full of (Bjorn Nyland's) sheeeeit, or there's expected to be another ship to arrive before end of the quarter... the wait is painful.
I'm just behind you on the order date - ordered on the 2nd May and currently have an EDD window of the 24-30 September.

Are there any May orders with VINs as yet?

Reactions: QuanTim
I'm just behind you on the order date - ordered on the 2nd May and currently have an EDD window of the 24-30 September.

Are there any May orders with VINs as yet?
Nice! What are your specs?

No VINs for May orders as far as we know. Could that change this afternoon/evening? Stay tuned to find out!

Though, MrM is keeping up with the supply of the forum's favourite drug - Hopium - by saying he's almost certain there'll be another ship (or 2!?) to the UK before the end of the Quarter.

Reactions: pdf_uk and adambg
Nice! What are your specs?

No VINs for May orders as far as we know. Could that change this afternoon/evening? Stay tuned to find out!

Though, MrM is keeping up with the supply of the forum's favourite drug - Hopium - by saying he's almost certain there'll be another ship (or 2!?) to the UK before the end of the Quarter.
I'm trying to watch this forum, and the shipping one, it's driving me insane!!

Spec (cut and paste from account page)
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch (which was added when provided as an option)
If/when I see a VIN, will be sure to post!

I'm trying to watch this forum, and the shipping one, it's driving me insane!!

Spec (cut and paste from account page)
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch (which was added when provided as an option)
If/when I see a VIN, will be sure to post!
Thanks for sharing. When in May did you order specifically? I think there's a few others with similar hard-specs as you (not sure if they added the AP/EAP options), that might give some people useful information regarding tracking.

And yes, this forum is both a blessing and a curse. It provides a wealth of useful information, fun, and everyone is (mostly) cordial. Yet, I always wonder, would my mental health be in a much better space (let alone my work!) if I didn't constantly check here 100+ times a day and if I didn't feel ENVIOUS (but happy... but envious) about seeing everyone getting VINs, deliveries, etc.? Hell yeah I'd be! Wouldn't want it any other way tbh ;)

Can't you just poke the charge flap to make it open?
Not when the car is locked, no. The real-world scenario here is that I'm often putting the car on charge in the evenings because SWMBO hasn't, so I walk out to the car and find I can't open the charge port without opening a door or faffing in the app even though my phone key is in range. So I Siri it through Tessie (which I accept is simply faffing in an app, but via voice) while walking to the car, and the flap pops open ready to accept the charger plug, easy life.

I completely accept that the proper solution to this first world problem is obviously to either retrain or replace SWMBO... however the emotional cost of retraining is too high, and the financial cost of replacement is similarly exorbitant...

Thanks for sharing. When in May did you order specifically? I think there's a few others with similar hard-specs as you (not sure if they added the AP/EAP options), that might give some people useful information regarding tracking.

And yes, this forum is both a blessing and a curse. It provides a wealth of useful information, fun, and everyone is (mostly) cordial. Yet, I always wonder, would my mental health be in a much better space (let alone my work!) if I didn't constantly check here 100+ times a day and if I didn't feel ENVIOUS (but happy... but envious) about seeing everyone getting VINs, deliveries, etc.? Hell yeah I'd be! Wouldn't want it any other way tbh ;)
order date: 2-may-2022, pick up from Bluewater, no finance.

Reactions: QuanTim