Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we aren’t all seeing a vin, but those who are can do so via:

Sign into your Tesla account online and open the above in a new tab. Works on mobile also.
Thanks, doesn't look like I've been assigned one yet. Can see my RN number but no VIN on there. Had been due to have mine delivered in June, pushed back to September (which tbf is what it said before I ordered), so hopefully get assigned one soon. Keen to start looking to sort insurance out.

Reactions: Toblerone
20-30th September EDD for my 12th April order. Not holding high hope though. March orders were updated to start of September for some and no sign of a 3rd UK ship as far as I have read.
I suspect at least a part shipment shared with eu might get you over the line. Allegedly some early May orders have been given hope from Tesla that they will get their cars this quarter too. However, I’ve heard nothing with my earliest possible May order, but haven’t called them to check as they’ve got enough grief without me adding to the orchestra of squeaky wheels. Despite alleged queue jumping and incoherent assignments from previous quarters, it does seems these recent VIN assignments are being done in fair chronological order and they’ve got to early April already. You must be at front of the waiting group so take comfort that whenever the next roll-out occurs, you’ll be contacted. 🚘🎷🎶

So. Now that we have a vin number i looked in to finally insuring the Tesla. Lord behold the amount is doubled the amount i was quoted in April. Dispite over ten years no claims bonus and every option lent towards being a secure ownership. Was quoted £1010 per yeear. Now the best i can find is £2500... It's that bad that we are thinking of cancelling our order as it will defeat the object of getting a Tesla in the first place. Is this the same for anyone else?

So. Now that we have a vin number i looked in to finally insuring the Tesla. Lord behold the amount is doubled the amount i was quoted in April. Dispite over ten years no claims bonus and every option lent towards being a secure ownership. Was quoted £1010 per yeear. Now the best i can find is £2500... It's that bad that we are thinking of cancelling our order as it will defeat the object of getting a Tesla in the first place. Is this the same for anyone else?
I checked all the comparison sites and was quoted about 480 in June. My current insurer will do fully comp on 3 car multi car for 400 which knocked me back how good it was. I’ve got 25years no claims and out of the high risk group.

Reactions: QuanTim and Art Sin

Here I am accepting quotes for £4000 (20 year old, only 2 year NCB)

Seriously though, that seems ridiculously high for your circumstances. Comparison sites I’ve found aren’t great. I was able to get my £4000 comparison site quotes to £2500-£3000 over the phone. Which for me makes a huge different.

This was earlier in June when I placed the order but I’ll be doing the same, calling around, when I have a VIN. Hoping because I’ll be 21 by the time the car comes, it should also drop slightly

Last edited:
It's all to do with long lead times on repairs and expensive parts etc.

With that being said, £2500 sounds a bit much. It's only £1500 for me (checked a couple of weeks ago) 25000 miles a year, no NCB, business use, and I have to declare a fault claim 18 months ago. I am 41 though but I've only been driving for just under 5 years so my quotes were quite reasonable in my opinion.

Prior to yesterday, when was the last set of VIN allocations? I assume it was during the Q2 delivery window?
If that’s the case then the allocations yesterday will have to have included the enroute ships closer to Southampton wouldn’t they? Whether it also included COMPANION is, of course, the question.
Some reliable sources are stating that VINs seem to be assigned when the ships are on their way to the Suez Canal (shortly after they have departed Shanghai and on their way to Singapore)

However you may be right, no one really knows for certain but some reverse engineering has been done to figure out the process.
Seems to be a growing speculation that there is another ship full of UK tesla's leaving by the end of the next week.

Reactions: Toblerone
It's all to do with long lead times on repairs and expensive parts etc.

With that being said, £2500 sounds a bit much. It's only £1500 for me (checked a couple of weeks ago) 25000 miles a year, no NCB, business use, and I have to declare a fault claim 18 months ago. I am 41 though but I've only been driving for just under 5 years so my quotes were quite reasonable in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply. I'm 41 year old , female, 10 ncb, 8000 miles, social and domestic use only (work from home) but still £2500 - i'm beyond words and so gutted.

Here I am accepting quotes for £4000 (20 year old, only 2 year NCB)

Seriously though, that seems ridiculously high for your circumstances. Comparison sites I’ve found aren’t great. I was able to get my £4000 comparison site quotes to £2500-£3000 over the phone. Which for me makes a huge different.

This was earlier in June when I placed the order but I’ll be doing the same, calling around, when I have a VIN. Hoping because I’ll be 21 by the time the car comes, it should also drop slightly
Thanks. I'll try and ring around.

Reactions: ROTA
Urghhh! Insurance...

Even though I've been driving for over 20 years (I started young in New Zealand!) I've only owned a car in the UK for just under 2, so that gives me 1 year of NCB. I'm almost knocking on the 4 decades of life door but living in SE London (Southwark) works slightly against me, even though the car will be parked in secure parking.

I shudder to think what my quote will be but I plan to wangle as hard as I can to get something reasonable.

Reactions: ROTA
Even though I've been driving for over 20 years (I started young in New Zealand!) I've only owned a car in the UK for just under 2, so that gives me 1 year of NCB.
Too late to help I'm guessing but many insurers will take account of your NCB from overseas. As a fellow antipodean my heart goes out to you. My rates have only just started to get reasonable in the last year or so, so ~4 years of NCB.

Reactions: QuanTim
my current insurer admiral told me £400 in July when I renewed my M3 which is less than they wanted for the M3.
That seems to make no sense. The guy on the phone said maybe its because there are not many around yet so they have not had many accidents so the risk seems low :rolleyes:. I am pretty sure that is not how insurance risk calculation works but whatever.
I have zero confidence though that the price when I get the car in September will be anything close to that in reality....

edit. just went onto the portal and got a quote. if I change to the MY they want to refund me £84 for the year. I think I am paying about £500 for M3 so that is not much over £400 they want. Happy days

Last edited: