Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the insight, I guess the I was high on hopium at the time of writing :D Does make one wonder why they've part-loaded COMPANION then and left some RHD cars back at port if they could've just fully loaded it with UK bound cars instead...
I would of thought Glovis COMPANION is fully loaded, the ships draught is 9.6m, that is almost max. What is left could be for for another UK shipment or other markets.

Reactions: QuanTim
View attachment 839532
Just got this text this morning… #excitedmuch
I also have that. Full txt below for those interested

Screenshot_20220811-104700_Nova7.jpg

I love how buying a Tesla is like a game show.

The first game is the Forum Of Hope And Patience

Second is the tracking of ships via GPS and satellite

Then the hunt for the hidden VIN in the code

Finally Tesla place your car in a random location in the UK and you have one day to find it.

All for the low price of £60k. 😂
Tesla Pokémon with in app purchases, lol

I would of thought Glovis COMPANION is fully loaded, the ships draught is 9.6m, that is almost max. What is left could be for for another UK shipment or other markets.
Apologies, where I mention "part-load", I mean that she has both RHD and LHD cars on board (at least I believe that's what you said in the shipping thread) but she is indeed, fully loaded.

I've finally spotted someone in the FrizzyDB with the same spec as me - and they ordered before me in March too!

Although @SMcTurk87 doesn't seem to be a forum username that's recognised so I can't snoop to see whether they've had VIN yet...

Reactions: Frizzy
I love how buying a Tesla is like a game show.

The first game is the Forum Of Hope And Patience

Second is the tracking of ships via GPS and satellite

Then the hunt for the hidden VIN in the code

Finally Tesla place your car in a random location in the UK and you have one day to find it.

All for the low price of £60k. 😂
For some reason, not sure why, the whole allocation process/experience reminds me the “chaotic warehousing” method like Amazon uses with perceived randomness but hopefully with a good, effective and efficient reason behind it…

Last edited:
Reactions: MattM76
Apologies, where I mention "part-load", I mean that she has both RHD and LHD cars on board (at least I believe that's what you said in the shipping thread) but she is indeed, fully loaded.
She only has RHD on there according to the cars at south shanghai port at the time. RcC Antwerp is likely all LHD and Glovis Companion RHD based on videos.

I don’t remember saying they’re mixed?

Either way, I wouldn’t lose hope on other ships. MrM is confident they will come.

Last edited:
She only has RHD on there according to the cars at south shanghai port at the time. RcC Antwerp is likely all LHD and Glovis Companion RHD based on videos.

I don’t remember saying they’re mixed?

Either way, I wouldn’t lose hope on other ships. MrM is confident they will come.
Nah that's my bad... you see, there's a reason why this hopium drug is bad - it makes messes with your reason, logic and comprehension!

For example, I just went into my source code to check for a VIN, I hit the usual Ctrl + F and as I was typing "L... r... w", the search briefly paused on "6/...." results and my heart JUMPED thinking I had a VIN!.... a nanosecond later, it resumed and went to "0/0"... That's just an example of how on edge I am 🤣... jeez I need a break from here.

Do we wait in hope today that Texas may have some allocations left in the bottom of their draw or is it all over bar a few reallocated cancelations? The weather forecast does not bode well, Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 96F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Humidity57%. :eek:

I would lean unlikely. The recent VINs have EDDs 1-15 September. Glovis Companion is due at September roughly 1st September so they line up.

Plus, the video of the port prior the RCC Antwerp had the exact RHD cars still at the port on the Glovis Companion video (minus the LHD which went on RCC Antwerp). It wouldn't make sense to part load when they could fill two ships for two separate destinations from a cost prospective. Details here - 2022 Shipping Movements

Satellite images did show a large amount of cars at the port after Glovis Companion (Maybe for the domestic market) but its clear they're still filling the port so expect more ships to head this way. Details here - Model Y UK Delivery
I got a VIN with updated EDD from 25th of August to 8th September, which seems a bit optimistic as Companion won't be here until the 1st of September.

Reactions: Trogster