Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah that's my bad... you see, there's a reason why this hopium drug is bad - it makes messes with your reason, logic and comprehension!

For example, I just went into my source code to check for a VIN, I hit the usual Ctrl + F and as I was typing "L... r... w", the search briefly paused on "6/...." results and my heart JUMPED thinking I had a VIN!.... a nanosecond later, it resumed and went to "0/0"... That's just an example of how on edge I am 🤣... jeez I need a break from here.
Switch to this method:

Just stay signed into your Tesla account in one tab and have the above opened in another. Then you just need to refresh the above to have your hopes dashed instantly.

It works on mobile also, so you can be disappointed wherever you are 😂

Edit to say, the page should end with:
"message":"success","success":true}

Or you need to resign into your account.

Last edited:
Just got a Tesla delivery text – it's nearly there!!!

1660223326970.png

Hi Everyone,

I finally have a hidden vin for a Model Y ordered in March. I've also had the delivery text asking me to make sure all actions are complete on my account.

I'm still waiting for an updated trade in quote for my Model 3 which means I can't finalise the figures. Also since ordering I have cleared another £2,000 off my settlement figure for the Model 3.

My question is do I ask them to amend the account to show that I have more equity to go into the deal or wait. If I ask them to amend the account, effectively putting £2,000 more equity in will it mean they have to re-do the finance application that was successfully completed back in March.

Sorry for the stupid questions, I really want the £2,000 to be used to reduce the monthly payment but I really don't want to risk any delays etc after finally getting a hidden vin.

Any thoughts?

Switch to this method:

Just stay signed into your Tesla account in one tab and have the above opened in another. Then you just need to refresh the above to have your hopes dashed instantly.

It works on mobile also, so you can be disappointed wherever you are 😂

Edit to say, the page should end with:
"message":"success","success":true}

Or you need to resign into your account.
Thanks for the tip! Could kill my sanity but will give it a crack.

Also, my Telegram just pinged for the first time in a while. Demo M3P showed up on the inventory... let the games begin!

Reactions: Toblerone
Hi Everyone,

I finally have a hidden vin for a Model Y ordered in March. I've also had the delivery text asking me to make sure all actions are complete on my account.

I'm still waiting for an updated trade in quote for my Model 3 which means I can't finalise the figures. Also since ordering I have cleared another £2,000 off my settlement figure for the Model 3.

My question is do I ask them to amend the account to show that I have more equity to go into the deal or wait. If I ask them to amend the account, effectively putting £2,000 more equity in will it mean they have to re-do the finance application that was successfully completed back in March.

Sorry for the stupid questions, I really want the £2,000 to be used to reduce the monthly payment but I really don't want to risk any delays etc after finally getting a hidden vin.

Any thoughts?
Your trade in value will have gone down at least that much probably sadly

Good point, I am expecting a lower figure. However, interestingly WBAC are offering me what Tesla offered back in March. I may have to ditch the trade in with Tesla and try others.
same here despite the increase mileage. They will probably nickel and dime you at least £500 though.
I am also concerned that those prices will drop off at the end of the month. By dumb luck we have now stumbled into the busiest period for new car sales and lots of new cars means lots of available used cars.
I don't want to jump before seeing the trade in and I also need the car but WBAC prices change quickly... I may regret not biting their hand off now.

Reactions: Andyb5
I went on chat earlier today to confirm that we'd been matched with a car (VIN appeared in source code a couple of days ago) and they said we have. Now had the text to say arrival date is being calculated and that they will be in touch soon to book a collection appointment.

Question on collection day, do they give you options or is it set to what they say? Our window is currently 1st - 15th Sept, but we wouldn't be able to take delivery between 2nd and 5th.

MYLR/MSM/Black/19 OD early April

I went on the webchat to try and find out some info on delivery... and Tesla told me that I don't have a VIN anymore, it has been unallocated :mad:

Then I received this follow up text...

View attachment 839572

What the hell is going on??!!
Oh no 😳. Yesterday I asked tesla agent about the delivery date and booked a slot in September. Later they called me and informed they cant confirm the delivery slot 🙄 and they cancelled it 🙄. Hope you get the vin soon.

I went on the webchat to try and find out some info on delivery... and Tesla told me that I don't have a VIN anymore, it has been unallocated :mad:

Then I received this follow up text...

View attachment 839572

What the hell is going on??!!
Maybe they made a mistake and assigned a car with 19 inch wheels and will re assign one back to you today as a matter of urgency, good luck, all our fingers crossed. human error? as long as they put it right asap!