Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you who received the below SMS last or the week before; have you heard anything further from Tesla? Thanks

“Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account
Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.”
Nope not heard anymore but also not paid off remaining balance as people previously haven’t need to prior to a collection slot being booked!

Reactions: Benotomy
Just had Tesla on the phone. My collection of the MYLR is booked for the 19th Sept at Bluewater. A text came through to confirm this and says this "will be a low touch collection"...................... what on earth does that mean? Anyone know?
You’ll be handed an iPad (to digitally sign that you’ve collected) and disinfected keycards and then told where your car is parked. Everything else is then self-service.

If you need assistance at all you can always go back to the keycard pickup point.

Reactions: Daedalus and _Dave_
Those of you who received the below SMS last or the week before; have you heard anything further from Tesla? Thanks

“Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account
I spoke to Tesla on chat this morning and this is what they told me - see attached.

Due to an annoyingly low p/x offer, I now need to sell my current car, but wanted some certainty around a September delivery before I do so, after what happened in June. I can manage without a car for a few weeks, but another 3 months would be more difficult.

From what i was told, it looks like the collection date texts for those who have had the above message will go out either later this week or next week at the very latest.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 10.14.57.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 10.14.57.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 10.15.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 10.15.18.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 50
Just had Tesla on the phone. My collection of the MYLR is booked for the 19th Sept at Bluewater. A text came through to confirm this and says this "will be a low touch collection"...................... what on earth does that mean? Anyone know?
Sounds positive, but seems quite late if from Glovis Companion. Was that within your latest EDD window, did you have a hidden VIN etc?

I am Glovis Companion VIN assigned as far as I can tell.
I had this this morning:

"Tesla Update - Your pre-delivery tasks are now complete. Download the Tesla app at ts.la/app to see your expected delivery date. We'll invite you to schedule your collection once your Model Y is nearly here. Need help? Reply here."

this may be because I accepted the trade in offer at the weekend

I spoke to Tesla on chat this morning and this is what they told me - see attached.

Due to an annoyingly low p/x offer, I now need to sell my current car, but wanted some certainty around a September delivery before I do so, after what happened in June. I can manage without a car for a few weeks, but another 3 months would be more difficult.

From what i was told, it looks like the collection date texts for those who have had the above message will go out either later this week or next week at the very latest.
If I interpret the text you attached correctly, basically they are trying to say take the SC VINs with a pinch of salt and wait for the actual VINs etc directly from us… thank you for sharing.

How are you able to speak to someone on their chat? Never shows for me

Sounds like there will be flurry of pick-up dates coming through this week for those who have received a VIN and recent texts from Tesla asking for you to complete all pre-delivery tasks. I'm NEC Hub pick-up, so betting on mid-Sept rather than early Sept

Reactions: WW7490
I am Glovis Companion VIN assigned as far as I can tell.
I had this this morning:

"Tesla Update - Your pre-delivery tasks are now complete. Download the Tesla app at ts.la/app to see your expected delivery date. We'll invite you to schedule your collection once your Model Y is nearly here. Need help? Reply here."

this may be because I accepted the trade in offer at the weekend
Have you paid any outstanding balance too?

I received my VIN and EDD from my lease company this morning (Lex). My delivery window is 31/08 - 17/09. If Glovis Companion isnt arriving till after the earliest day of my window then i'm not quite sure which boat i'm on. Pickup is from NEC.

Do you think I could still be on Companion?