Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems to be widely known since I haven't seen it come up as a question i my limited time here, but does Tesla do deliveries in the second half of the quarter only? So if looking at Q4, it's end of Nov and Dec and then Q1 end of Feb and March?
Yes. They don’t have cars on ships across the end of the Q, as they don’t count towards revenue and deliveries. That’s makes deliveries to the UK in M2 & M3 of the quarter.

Reactions: Meiler and ElsDee
Newbie here…End of July order, Blue/Black/19s - Belfast pickup

I had an really bouncy EDD that moved from the whole month of Sep to Nov to Jan when the last round of vins were allocated but it jumped back to the September 23-30 yesterday!

I know I can’t take it seriously until I see a vin but I can’t help but get excited I might get lucky with such a short wait!
Same spec and delivery location! Ordered 28th May and my EDD is September 22-30.

I'm thinking I'll be a Q4 pickup. Will hopefully be able to confirm in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping though that they'll be delivering later orders to us in NI so that they can fill a car transporter or two. Makes financial sense to send a full transporter rather than a half empty one.

But yes, this EDD rollercoaster is worse than Barry's Big Dipper!

Reactions: RCMY
Ok, my account is back but it's missing all the steps that were checked off and I just have the below, so I guess I have a car on the way? I know nothing is guaranteed until you're driving it home but still, I'll take a micro step in the right direction.

1660644600752.png

Reactions: Toblerone and Luro
Ok, my account is back but it's missing all the steps that were checked off and I just have the below, so I guess I have a car on the way? I know nothing is guaranteed until you're driving it home but still, I'll take a micro step in the right direction.

View attachment 841468
Congrats on getting the exact same car for £3k less than me! I got the ALD quote and sat on it for a few days, during which the price went up... 🤦‍♂️

I've been looking at the Southampton Port on GMaps since the arrival of Glovis Summit and Morning Chorus.. Yesterday these spaces were empty - today they are full of Teslas.. I can't imagine Google Maps updates that often or else it's a massive coincidence.

View attachment 841444
This is a great find, but I think this is a huge coincidence. There is no imagery date on GEarth/Maps satellite, but given this is fully modelled with LiDAR and you can see the rough elevation of cars vs. ground, there must have been a bit of processing before putting it up there.
Still a great close up view.
1660649666324.png

Edit : Could finally get it to reveal metadata, this is unfortunately a year old, 16/7/21.
And yes, they are only model 3s.

1660650102180.png

I found my hidden vin last week, yesterday I received a call to book a collection date, then today received vin and reg via text.
roll on 16th September! bluewater.
Thank you for your precise information in your signature, it's really really helpful. as it gives the rest of us and idea where we may stand in the queue. I live in Hertfordshire too and saw two over the weekend, one in Hadley Wood and one in Potters Bar, well done and enjoy.

Reactions: gaol
Anyone else ordering through Octopus? This is my EDD tracker, I’d be curious to know if anyone else has been through or is going through the process with them and can give an idea of timelines and the time taken to move through the steps prior to getting a vin/sms delivery date etc
F4E10919-FB6B-47A3-A7FD-33E0E9703C08.jpeg

Just had some pretty exciting news. I rang Tesla today as my PCP on my current car is due to expire this month and sort of need to know what I'm doing :)

So the guy told me that my EDD is still the same (Sep 8 - 30th) and there's a strong likelihood this is correct as my car is on a ship at the moment which is due to get into the UK on the 2nd September - looking at Mr M's helpful updates and others, I think this may be GLOVIS COMPANION which seems the closest match.

Just hoping it all holds.

Well something certainly changed within a week in late June.
that was the 2K rise. There had already been a 1K rise back around April. So many people waiting for September pickup did pay 3K less than current list but there will also be some who only paid 2K less and others, such as yourself, who ordered late June onwards who paid current list.

Hi ,Apologies if this is not the right group to discuss this.

Anyone managed to find temporary car insurance for model y ? . Model Y is not listed in any of the sites for temporary insurance. I tried one of my friends registration number, it recognised the car model but it didnt generate a quote. Any thoughts ?

Just had some pretty exciting news. I rang Tesla today as my PCP on my current car is due to expire this month and sort of need to know what I'm doing :)

So the guy told me that my EDD is still the same (Sep 8 - 30th) and there's a strong likelihood this is correct as my car is on a ship at the moment which is due to get into the UK on the 2nd September - looking at Mr M's helpful updates and others, I think this may be GLOVIS COMPANION which seems the closest match.

Just hoping it all holds.
Do you know if you've got a hidden vin in your account?

Reactions: Toblerone