Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is really strange and massively confusing (had to read it a few times!). No I’ve not had any further comms from Zen. I did initially call them when I received the first text to ensure it was a ‘real text from a real number’ and they confirmed it was. Have you gotten a vin and a reg from Tesla?
I have a VIN added in my account (based on VIN numbers it’s a June batch VIN) I even got a text from Tesla saying I’d get a 72 plate car! Yet Zen have given me a full plate number today.

I spoke to Tesla today after getting the run around from Zen. Seems my names been removed from the RN and they can’t tell me anything related to it anymore. Was removed on the 3rd which is after all the text I had previously received from them.

I think Zen have, as other said been sitting on a batch of cars since June and are only now delivering them.

I’m just curious because it seems you might be on a similar path as me, but if you don’t have a VIN in the app maybe it’s different altogether.

I have a VIN added in my account (based on VIN numbers it’s a June batch VIN) I even got a text from Tesla saying I’d get a 72 plate car! Yet Zen have given me a full plate number today.

I spoke to Tesla today after getting the run around from Zen. Seems my names been removed from the RN and they can’t tell me anything related to it anymore. Was removed on the 3rd which is after all the text I had previously received from them.

I think Zen have, as other said been sitting on a batch of cars since June and are only now delivering them.

I’m just curious because it seems you might be on a similar path as me, but if you don’t have a VIN in the app maybe it’s different altogether.
Hmmm…. I don’t have a vin in the app currently but can obviously add the one that Tesla sent. Definitely interesting as to why your RN was unassigned cos I thought Zen would make batch orders and then deliver to customers meaning you don’t need a RN? I don’t know.

But that sucks that you won’t be getting a 72 plate (and potentially myself) just hope it was stored in a somewhat decent condition

Hmmm…. I don’t have a vin in the app currently but can obviously add the one that Tesla sent. Definitely interesting as to why your RN was unassigned cos I thought Zen would make batch orders and then deliver to customers meaning you don’t need a RN? I don’t know.

But that sucks that you won’t be getting a 72 plate (and potentially myself) just hope it was stored in a somewhat decent condition
If the last 6 digits of your VIN start with 4XXXXX you should be fine! Hopefully the luck is on your side.

Yeah that’s my main concern. Leaving the car for close to 2 months just sitting there is an issue for the in built 12v battery but I’ll see!

Hopefully this puts your mind at ease: 32 mile model 3 parked for two years and it’s fine.

Unfortunately that video is irrelevant, the low voltage battery has changed considerably since, and the new design being more temperamental although still unlikely to be too much of an issue.

What I don’t get is why anyone would sit on cars for 2 months. They’ll be paying for them as Tesla will have made the lease company take delivery. I have wondered if some sharp practice is going in where they’re swapping cars around their customers eg

Customer A orders at £500/ month
Car 1 ordered
Customer B order at £600/ month 4 weeks later
Car 2 ordered
Car 1 arrives… give to customer B as it’s the most profitable
Tell customer A - Covid issues at factory etc, blame Tesla
Car 2 arrives:give to customer A

Further to the delivery scheduling, 2 more docs (pre-contract agreement and lending agreement) appeared on my account . Official VIN was on one of the docs. Not sure how to sign these as there was not an option, but the TA informed me that they were not required to be signed (?)

TA also told me that the final invoice wasn’t ready to be issued because of the missing REG which was due in couple of weeks. Therefore I am still on standby to receive the VIN/REG text…

Unfortunately that video is irrelevant, the low voltage battery has changed considerably since, and the new design being more temperamental although still unlikely to be too much of an issue.

What I don’t get is why anyone would sit on cars for 2 months. They’ll be paying for them as Tesla will have made the lease company take delivery. I have wondered if some sharp practice is going in where they’re swapping cars around their customers eg

Customer A orders at £500/ month
Car 1 ordered
Customer B order at £600/ month 4 weeks later
Car 2 ordered
Car 1 arrives… give to customer B as it’s the most profitable
Tell customer A - Covid issues at factory etc, blame Tesla
Car 2 arrives:give to customer A
What has changed regarding the low voltage battery?

What has changed regarding the low voltage battery?
It became lithium ion, the M3 RWD has had a notable issue with it going flat in normal use, the MY nothing particularly noted so far, but I suspect few have left cars for months which is what we’re talking about here. Richard Symons often misses important details.

out of curiosity are there any May or June orders being delivered in Sept??

We don’t know until we see VINS for the latest ship that’s departed Shanghai - GLOVIS CHALLENGE

As of yet, the answer is no but we’re hopeful that the remaining April orders will be fulfilled and maybe some in May. It pains me to admit it but June is unlikely in September given the current status of the ships. It’s more likely if SUNRISE is UK bound though

On the M3 from Southampton.

757F28E6-7FAB-4302-9D9B-6A1B92D0CA47.jpeg

Same collection date. Got an official reference to the VIN in the new documents on account yesterday but no reg number just yet..
Yeah, ours were there when I looked this morning. Not sure if the nudge the finance company gave them to say they needed the reg to pay the invoice helped speed it up a bit. We have now also received the text confirming the reg and VIN

We don’t know until we see VINS for the latest ship that’s departed Shanghai - GLOVIS CHALLENGE

As of yet, the answer is no but we’re hopeful that the remaining April orders will be fulfilled and maybe some in May. It pains me to admit it but June is unlikely in September given the current status of the ships. It’s more likely if SUNRISE is UK bound though
Agreed - do we have any VINs yet issued for Glovis Challenge, they should be coming any day, right?