Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect that the VIN array for Companion may be slimmer with some VINs coming from challenge as well…seeing we have pick up dates spread from late august to mid September
To my knowledge Challenge hasn’t released any vins yet. Probably tomorrow. And the higher vins like 423-430 were reported by users long before Challenge even docked in Shanghai South

Hello
I have a question, I have a collection date of 6 September and the application still does not contain any information about the collection date. The collection date is only visible when logging into the account via a web browser.
Did your collection location change at one point? There was a theory recently that this is behind what makes the app stop to showing the info. Same happened to me (I was changed from Bluewater to Staines also).

The person in question noted that when they called Tesla and had their original pickup location reinstated, the app started showing the timings again.

Either way; it appears to be nothing to worry about, just a bit more painful going via the site (especially if you have MFA turned on and have to go through that too fairly regularly! And…. you check the site for updates say, more than 10 times a day… 🤫)

Hello
I have a question, I have a collection date of 6 September and the application still does not contain any information about the collection date. The collection date is only visible when logging into the account via a web browser.
Same. Apparently this is only affecting people with collections in Staines due to an error in the address.
As long as the app will work fine upon collection I don’t really mind. But I hope this won’t affect my access to a reg number soon

Did your collection location change at one point? There was a theory recently that this is behind what makes the app stop to showing the info. Same happened to me (I was changed from Bluewater to Staines also).

The person in question noted that when they called Tesla and had their original pickup location reinstated, the app started showing the timings again.

Either way; it appears to be nothing to worry about, just a bit more painful going via the site (especially if you have MFA turned on and have to go through that too fairly regularly! And…. you check the site for updates say, more than 10 times a day… 🤫)
I guess it must be as you say because my pickup location when I placed my order was Birmingham and Tesla changed me to Staines

Reactions: _Dave_ and WllXM
Re: the app not showing collection info - if you're collecting from Staines that is likely the problem - if you look in the website source code you'll see AddressLine1 and AddressLine2 are empty, the app doesn't like that. I have reached out to Tesla to let them know this but no idea if they'll acknowledge or fix it. If you're not collecting from Staines then 🤷‍♂️

Over on shipping, it appears EU vins appeared today with suspicion traced to both challenge and sunrise. Perhaps the uk hopefuls are turning into disappointed bods 😩 at the last roll of the dice. This Tesla waiting game is a sorry sketch but the good news is that it won’t be long to November before we go vin hunting again. Maybe the mid April ODs will get better outcomes then and we early May’s May get a new Tesla from 🎅.

Reactions: QuanTim
Over on shipping, it appears EU vins appeared today with suspicion traced to both challenge and sunrise. Perhaps the uk hopefuls are turning into disappointed bods 😩 at the last roll of the dice. This Tesla waiting game is a sorry sketch but the good news is that it won’t be long to November before we go vin hunting again. Maybe the mid April ODs will get better outcomes then and we early May’s May get a new Tesla from 🎅.
My reading of the situation is that there is some disagreement/uncertainty about which (CHALLENGE or SUNRISE) is responsible for the VINs, rather than the conclusion is it both. I think the hypothesis is that one of them should still go to UK (maybe as well as EU). And there's still a few days for another UK-bound ship. I'm still hopeful I can sneak into this Q 🤞🏻

Yeah, at this point, I want it to be mid-next week already, so we can just know either way.

If the orders up to early May aren’t fulfilled in Q3, I reckon I’ll need to sign out and take a couple of months off from checking my Tesla account, as it’s a ride i’m quite sick of at this point! I know it’s still shorter than from other manufacturers, and I know all the stresses will dissolve when finally getting the car; but getting the end-of-June run around and now the same in Sept would be very disappointing if eventually waiting to Nov-Dec.

My reading of the situation is that there is some disagreement/uncertainty about which (CHALLENGE or SUNRISE) is responsible for the VINs, rather than the conclusion is it both. I think the hypothesis is that one of them should still go to UK (maybe as well as EU). And there's still a few days for another UK-bound ship. I'm still hopeful I can sneak into this Q 🤞🏻
Yep my guess of the day is that the VINs are for Glovis Challenge as they have triggered as it has reached Vietnam...same as where Glovis Companion VINs triggered. So all eyes are on when Glovis Sunrise gets to the same point in a couple of days.

I ordered floor and boot mats from Aliexpress a couple of days ago on the assumption that they would arrive about the same time as the car.

I am sure Tesla will take note of this message and fast track my car delivery to coincide with my mat delivery 😀.

What should the app be showing as collection nears?

I have a collection date booked for 8 September in Bristol.

The app has a picture of my configured car and a button to go to account, which takes me to the website. Should there be more?
CB3C8202-D978-45E0-9B44-1355BA614AB9.jpeg

This is what my app shows me

Yeah, at this point, I want it to be mid-next week already, so we can just know either way.

If the orders up to early May aren’t fulfilled in Q3, I reckon I’ll need to sign out and take a couple of months off from checking my Tesla account, as it’s a ride i’m quite sick of at this point! I know it’s still shorter than from other manufacturers, and I know all the stresses will dissolve when finally getting the car; but getting the end-of-June run around and now the same in Sept would be very disappointing if eventually waiting to Nov-Dec.
I share this feeling. If I was told from the outset it’ll be December then I would have tuned out and waited. But being told September, wait no June, wait no September, wait no, October, wait no January 23, wait no September, wait no maybe December?

It’s a lot when we have to plan around it in terms of wall charger, accessories, insurance quotes, finance, holidays, switching to Octopus, etc.