Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just phoned Octopus and within a few minutes, I'm starting the process to switch to Octopus Go. Locked in 40p day, 7.5p night. No questions about EV order numbers, etc.

I'm paying 29.7p with BG right now and that's only going to increase so happy (as one can be!) with that.
We were on Go - now on intelligent octopus once our rate ran out last month. You might want to consider it - extra 2 hours of off-peak charging time, and about 10% of the time there's some extra off-peak thrown in for good measure. They connect to the Tesla and work out what's best for them to get the car charged at the right time for me - but we also plug in the electric Fiat 500 and benefit from that too.

We were on Go - now on intelligent octopus once our rate ran out last month. You might want to consider it - extra 2 hours of off-peak charging time, and about 10% of the time there's some extra off-peak thrown in for good measure. They connect to the Tesla and work out what's best for them to get the car charged at the right time for me - but we also plug in the electric Fiat 500 and benefit from that too.
Thanks for the tip. I did look at that but felt Go was a "beginner" plan for a new EV owner. We're going to have to make some adjustments to our lifestyle (using washer/drier at night, etc) so Go felt like a safer bet but as there are no exit fees, I'll definitely look at that once I'm more comfortable.

Reactions: Obie and ME_UK
Just booked my collection for the 28th. Rang up to try and get an earlier pick up slot at least a few days earlier even if it meant changing to a different location to no avail, the advisor told me the car gets in on the 27th September to Southampton so changing pickup locations would make no difference. This doesn't seem to much make sense and the advisor was probably just fobbing me off

What’s the difference between go and intelligent other than 2 hours extra off peak rate

Re: Insurance

Like many, especially those in London, I was expecting to be quoted £1.5K plus for my insurance. Although I've held my licence for a while, I've only owned a car in London since 2020 so have only 1 years NCB.

I called Admiral (who I'm currently with now) and they quoted me only £850 p/a! I know that's not super cheap, but I'm super stoked because I was actually anticipating that my £1.5K prediction would still be too low. Better yet, my current insurance is till April 2023 and so the up front cost to cover from Sept-April (i.e. simply swapping the vehicle) is only £150 quid to pay now. So, I'm quite happy to stick by Admiral though may ask for a cheeky quote from Churchil. I did a Direct Line quote online yesterday and got £1.2K. I asked Admiral like 3 times if that was correct and then asked them as many times if they "saved" the quote in their system haha.

I'm surprised because my post code in SE London, although a funky/cool/crazy place to live (that will give y'all a clue), I thought would've shot up the premiums like no other!

For reference, my wee 2021 VW Golf was £450 to insure p/a.

I stand corrected! They are likely to get killed in the rush, the cap is going to rise significantly higher than even the Go peak rate, expected to be around (50p+), there’s likely to be no better value tariff out there EV or not!
One thing to keep in mind is that Octopus use mostly renewables which haven't increased in cost to produce and they are limiting supply to EV owners right now. I expect they're still making a bumper profit, especially if you choose to sell excess solar at 4p/kWh back to them which they can resell back to you for 40p later, or to your neighbour at 60p, etc.

Morning all,

Slightly off topic I know, but as others have been discussing insurance…

Had a bit of a nightmare with Direct Line, who are supposedly recommended by Tesla. So got a quote from them a couple of weeks ago, so the quote was still valid. Now I have the reg no I updated the quote and it went up £80 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, had to phone them and get them to enter the reg manually.

Also, Direct Line have the MYLR rated as 507bhp 😂😂😂

Tesco Insurance - go through entering all details, click for quote “We are having technical difficulties”.

Co-op Insurance - go through entering all details, click for quote “Oops, something went wrong@.

Lloyds - go through entering all details, click for quote, given a ref but no quote. Phoned up and underwriters rejected insuring MYLR.

So there is still some prejudice against insuring MYLR from some insurance companies.

What’s the difference between go and intelligent other than 2 hours extra off peak rate
The rates are slightly different - I use the Octopus Compare app to check, and it's consistently cheaper for us to use 'Intelligent' - The main difference is that Octopus control the charging hours for the car, rather than the car itself. I was apprehensive, but it's worked really well for us. For example on Wednesday the car charged from 00:30-12:30, then 01:00-4:00. The day before there was an 'extra' slot put in from 6:30-7:30 which was great as my morning toast and kettle boil went in on the cheap rate!

Here's the compare from yesterday.....

Attachments

• Octopus Go vs Intelligent.png
    Octopus Go vs Intelligent.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: CAMYBL and Daedalus