Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was offered 27, 28, 29 Sept for Southampton collection for a VIN that triggered overnight on Monday ( so presumably car on Glovis Sunrise).

Given that all they have to do at Southampton is drive it off the ship, park it, then wipe it with a dirty cloth, I am not sure why the collection dates offered are so late into Sept. I think the ship will be here mid Sept at the latest?!

Also call into question how on earth they are going to fulfill orders that arrive on later ships in time for the Q3 cut off....lots of overtime on the docks I presume!
Same here, and I also was surprised they’re so late in Sept. Not complaining though as I think it may mean we just snuck into the Q3 class.

edit - actually my options were 28, 29, 30!

Getting quoted 2.5k for insurance
have a Y due In two weeks
thinking about sticking with 3 for now and delaying (if they allow) for a few months ?
I got a quote of under 500 for QMH 2 months ago but now won’t cover and no change in status. Tried admiral and it’s £1200. I’ve never paid that kind of rate and makes a mockery of saving on road tax on my diesel. XC40 twin motor comes in at £250 to insure - what’s going on and who have you all found to be cheaper?

Reactions: ElsDee
I got a quote of under 500 for QMH 2 months ago but now won’t cover and no change in status. Tried admiral and it’s £1200. I’ve never paid that kind of rate and makes a mockery of saving on road tax on my diesel. XC40 twin motor comes in at £250 to insure - what’s going on and who have you all found to be cheaper?
There are threads about this but Admiral and Churchill/DL seem best for most were for me. Both around £400. £90 cheaper than my M3

2EDE9D50-0006-4A4A-B9D8-6188A08A975C.png

Any business lease (ALD in my case) buyer have their access to their car taken ‘away’ ?

View attachment 844821
Any business lease (ALD in my case) buyer have their access to their car taken ‘away’ ?
I have booked delivery, and I still haven’t had any changes to the account!

When I spoke to ALD yesterday they said they are still waiting on the details of the car from tesla, so I guess it will happen then.

Reactions: Toppyawe
Daaayem this thread is on fire, and about time, we all needed to feel euphoric after all the highs n lows (yes I know, anything can happen between now and pickup 😅)

So, got the reg txt yesterday morning (I'm 5 hrs behind UK time) after booking to pick up at Bluewater.

Cannot believe how quickly this last stage happened after spotting the VIN.

I'm guessing many have or will have their reg numbers dished out v soon. 😉👍