Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am sure this will push demand for Teslas to new highs. Real world range of over 200 miles more than adequate for most. Would definitely have been tempted had it been available sooner.

Also if it is a LFP battery then you can charge to 100% regularly ( in fact Tesla recommends it) so that largely negates the mileage differential between that and the LR version. As I bought pre price rises I am "only" paying a £3k premium for the LR but if I was ordering today then I think I would definitely ( reluctantly!) Go for the RWD and save the £6k.

Last edited:
Interesting question on this - does that mean I need to talk to the lease company to add any additional drivers? Do I lose any functionality in the app?
Going by my conversation with ALD yesterday, YES...meaning that on your collection/delivery day, you will have access to drive the car and then Tesla will have to confirm you have taken delivery, you ring or email them and then they add you and whoever you want to add as a driver on the app and voila 'your car' appears on the app.

I am a little conflicted at the moment.
My company have a white/black/19 on order for me unfortunately (for my sanity) the order is a little complicated as it’s outside of my control and I don’t know the exact order date, other than that it is early June.
We checked the EDD today and it is still showing 9-25/09 for pickup from Trafford Centre. I don’t have access to check for a hidden VIN or anything fun like that either.
My assumption would be that this is Tesla assuming there will be a cancellation available as the EDD is still so wide.
Does anyone else still have this? I was sure it would have been kicked back to Q4 by now.

I am a little conflicted at the moment.
My company have a white/black/19 on order for me unfortunately (for my sanity) the order is a little complicated as it’s outside of my control and I don’t know the exact order date, other than that it is early June.
We checked the EDD today and it is still showing 9-25/09 for pickup from Trafford Centre. I don’t have access to check for a hidden VIN or anything fun like that either.
My assumption would be that this is Tesla assuming there will be a cancellation available as the EDD is still so wide.
Does anyone else still have this? I was sure it would have been kicked back to Q4 by now.
8-30/09 here. Absolutely cannot see that being correct. Looking forward to hopefully a Q4 delivery!

I'm not sure if it's going to be helpful to anyone, but with the energy price rise this morning i thought i'd share my conversation with Octopus about their Go tariff.

I'm currently with EDF, and called them up to move to GO (which is 40p during the day, and 7.5p for 4 hours overnight). They said that they can move me across, and because i've got a smart meter already with 30 min readings, it will be done on 31st August. The person i spoke to said that he can't put me on go until i'm moved across to them, however he sent me the link to sign up, and said to do it on 31st August. As soon as i submit the switch from standard to GO online, they will honour the price at the time. So i am now fingers crossed that they don't update their prices between now and next Wednesday for GO so that i can secure the tariff.

If anybody else is considering, i'd do it sooner rather than later as you need to move to Octopus before you can secure the GO tariff.

Also, if anybody wants £50 credit, i'm happy to share a code that they just sent to me.

On the Octopus dashboard today

"Ofgem, the energy regulator has announced that the energy price cap will increase to £3,549 for a typical dual fuel household from October 1st.

Octopus has not yet made decisions on its prices - we are working on our plans and expect to announce changes in the next 10 days."

Fingers crossed we make it!

Also on my dashboard.

"We're aiming to have you on supply on Saturday 27th August"

1661504145844.png

Last edited:
This is good news for everyone waiting and bad news for Model Y LR resale value.. I think this will reduce wait times for MYLR as I expect few cancellations from LR.
I can’t see it being bad for resale value. They are different propositions. LR is AWD, faster and can go further.

It’s like saying the LR is bad for the MYP resale value.

Also can’t see many LR cancellations happening, as the LR price has increased since many ordered and people won’t want to lose their place in the queue for an inferior model.

The whole concept of “Octopus uses renewables so is not impacted by gas prices” needs to be challenged. The supply arm of Octopus by power from the grid. They can only buy the power from renewable generator but the electrons they supply to you come off the grid and are mixed with all the other ones

All generators sell their power at wholesale prices. Which in the UK market are not different for different generators! They are the price for the most expensive generator in use to meet overall Uk demand.

So whilst Octopus are buying wind, solar, hydro power your individual power may actually be coal generated and costs Octopus the same as gas generated

It’s complicated where a group also has generation. As Octopus may be/are generating with wind. But these are separate companies: Octopus generation is making money by generating at wind prices but selling at gas prices whilst Octopus supply is losing money as the price cap means they are selling at lower than wholesale prices

Reactions: MattM76
The whole concept of “Octopus uses renewables so is not impacted by gas prices” needs to be challenged. The supply arm of Octopus by power from the grid. They can only buy the power from renewable generator but the electrons they supply to you come off the grid and are mixed with all the other ones

All generators sell their power at wholesale prices. Which in the UK market are not different for different generators! They are the price for the most expensive generator in use to meet overall Uk demand.

So whilst Octopus are buying wind, solar, hydro power your individual power may actually be coal generated and costs Octopus the same as gas generated

It’s complicated where a group also has generation. As Octopus may be/are generating with wind. But these are separate companies: Octopus generation is making money by generating at wind prices but selling at gas prices whilst Octopus supply is losing money as the price cap means they are selling at lower than wholesale prices
The mad thing, the email last week octopus CEO sent out to all customers explaining the incoming price increases explained Octopus haven’t made a profit yet.

I think renewable leccy prices are tied to gas prices in the UK. Something like that.

Reactions: MattM76

Yes, you are right and I stand (well, I'm sitting) corrected.

I read a little on the Octopus site and it states the same as you have that while they only buy from renewables, it's all at the same rate regardless of generation type.

The mad thing, the email last week octopus CEO sent out to all customers explaining the incoming price increases explained Octopus haven’t made a profit yet.

I think renewable leccy prices are tied to gas prices in the UK. Something like that.
I got that email. I do wonder if that’s octopus Uk supply or the octopus group as a whole. Given their level of investment in tech and green generation I’d not be surprised if it’s the whole group

They supply company has to buy at the same rate as everyone else which is the highest price per mWh of the generators in use at that time period (not sure if it’s per minute or what). So the supply company has no real advantage over a hypothetical Daily Mail reader targeting supplier who only bought from coal or gas power plants!

Reactions: Darreno and MattM76