Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
updated today to:-

1661527280624.png

Hi all, got my delivery on the 27th to my home, typically I have a meeting that day that I cannot move, will Tesla allow my wife to sign for the car instead of me?

I will train her beforehand in the art of spotting panel gaps and paint swirls!
She should be able to.. I was told by Tesla customer service that even neighbour also can take delivery as long as they have some form of ID.

Yes we all have that wee blue warning now. I will give them some more in a few days but not planning to complete the full transaction until 2weeks before my collection on 28th sept which will coincide with Glovis sunrise offloading it in Southampton. Have got insurance quotes now and will redo this 23days before pick up as that seems to be optimum timing for best price. I’m so looking forward to this car and dumping my back breaking/twisted driving position X3.

Sunrise is chuffing along at 18.5knts so not long to go.

So I am going to be car less after 1st September (as I’ve sold my current car) until my Y is delivered on the 15th September.

Is it worth enquiring if I can collect instead of having a home delivery, how many days can I expect to be able to shave off if I collect?
I tried that, they wouldn't budge, mainly because they insisted my car wasn't arriving until the day before, on the 14th

Reactions: Markee68
I tried that, they wouldn't budge, mainly because they insisted my car wasn't arriving until the day before, on the 14th
I had the same response… it’s definitely going to be pretty tight for Tesla … with ships landing and cars flying off to pick up centres and all…get ready for more motorway sightings to teslas being hauled all over the uk

Reactions: Markee68