Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will be a big pile of BMW X3s for sale by September 30th. It seems a good number like me decided the quality difference between Tesla and BMW was not quite the gulf we were led to believe it was. With new suspension to make what I thought was fine on my test on 1st May, even better I am looking forward to this car more than any other in 40 years of car ownership.
I really got ahead of myself and sold my X3 in March, best car i ever had, 94k on the clock 10 years old , but diesel, miss it loads , but less than a month to go for my Y. I looked at the IX3, love the quality but only rwd and the old chasis, it had to be Tesla all the way ;)

Last edited:
Any VINs today just seem to be the texts from Tesla, not a discovery of new hidden VINs
Think I saw a few post on the Facebook group about hidden VINs but I cannot confirm

I personally believe MY is done now for UK orders. I think we reached mid-end of May orders with a few June orders creeping in

Hopefully now Frizzy’s database can be updated so we can compare the results!

At last I pick up my Model Y on Thursday having ordered in February! Anyway... just wondered has anyone who has picked up noted any particular issues that I should look for on inspection?
There are lots of things that people worry about based on earlier production models but I'd honestly go in with an open mind and just spend some time checking the car over. There are apps and lists (like this one: GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y) if you like a formal list.

Was quite busy so didn't check over the weekend. I allowed myself a small dose of hopium as I caught up and read end of May dates being fulfilled for happy TMCers, but this was rapidly dashed when I logged into my account. Bumped to Q4 with a revised EDD of Oct 30th to Dec 24th. Guess I'll be driving my stalwart 18 y/o Peugeot 206 for quite a while yet. Not ideal with a new job starting this week with a lengthy(ish) commute. Hey ho, them's the breaks (or so BoJo says). Xmas jumpers out of the cupboard I guess. Maybe us Q4ers can all arrange to have a festive jumper on collection (even if it is October ... ;) ).

Reactions: QuanTim
And report back, of course. We're all living vicariously through you, and Mr M has gone very quiet since he picked his up
@Mr Miserable, are you able to share your well respected experience on your recent collection and any MY specific tips, issues this time around that you would not mind raising to the attention of the members…I am sure most would welcome your reflection as we all do with the Shipping thread…

Just checked Tesla account and they are asking for payment now but not received official text with VIN or Reg even though the VIN shows on the invoice. Shouldn't be long until I get it though I think.
Same here. I gave them a tenner just as a test to make sure the money is going to to right place. Sure enough it showed up in the account about an hour later... Along with a message effectively saying - ey! That aint enough! More! 😂

I’ve just checked my Tesla account and my pickup date and time are still there but location has disappeared. Should be NEC. anyone else have this issue?
Yes mine has also vanished.. just states the date and time now. Also noticed that the delivery time on the invoice says 27th September.. but the account and app are saying 24th, which is what I went for. 🤔

Reactions: nscar and Luro