Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've recently been wondering how many of each design combination remains unallocated on each ship for just these eventualities. I guess there is probably some lucky few who will get a last minute call once they've checked all cars.
I imagine they have them allocated for show rooms and test drives, then can swap them out and repair the failed ones. Before the next ship comes in they sell them second hand and repeat.

Catastrophic failure could be anything they can’t fix before collection. Imagine damage to the body or alloys, anything serious would have been picked up getting it on the ship.

I imagine they have them allocated for show rooms and test drives, then can swap them out and repair the failed ones. Before the next ship comes in they sell them second hand and repeat.

Catastrophic failure could be anything they can’t fix before collection. Imagine damage to the body or alloys, anything serious would have been picked up getting it on the ship.
body I would get. Alloy..., can't be that hard to swap it with a new one?...

That would also suggest they are carrying the 20 variants for test drives (5 colours times 2 interiors times 2 alloy sizes).. seems a lot

I agree, they will have spare cars, i visited Tewin Pop up and the display car had been sold online and they were only left with one demonstrator, so i assume some will be replenished.

Still, tomorrow is quite a turnover, unless Tesla logistics team know with absolute certainty that your car will be the first one unloaded from the ship tonight, given they also need time to prepare, affix reg plates, etc…
Are you certain it was on Glovis Companion or can it be a coincidence and be leftover inventory unloaded from Splendor or Morning Peace two weeks ago?
The original delivery was the 26th August and that wasn’t possible ( still on ship) I now think the car was probably delivered a couple of days after that.

So... It has been a long couple of days for me. Had collection booked from Staines for today at 9 am but didn't bother finalising things like insurance or reviewing my finance agreement (business via Black Horse). The first thing that hit me yesterday was sorting out insurance. I was shocked to see the availability, or the lack of, of the insurers dealing with Tesla's - and then the prices that were offered from the ones that did. My first initial quotes where £1500+. Ended up going with Admiral at around £1.1 after fiddling with excess and getting all the questions answered (it was back and forth between the Tesla and Admiral, questions like immobiliser, tracker, registered keepers etc, no claims bonus - had to remove it from my other car which I'm in the process of selling). Anyhow, after half a day of chasing, got it finally sorted.

Then in the evening, I decided to review the Finance Agreement that was recently placed in my online Tesla account. Disclaimer: This is my first business purchase/loan. I was unaware that business loans are not protected by Consumer Credit Act i.e. no cooling off period, no voluntary termination or no early termination at all for that matter. It did not sit with me and ended up stressing about it and not sleeping very well.

This morning I got into Uber and travelled to Staines for my collection as scheduled, 9 am. Got there a bit early so walked around a bit. Staines delivery hub is a car park with 100s of cars and a small Tesla Booth where you confirm your identity, your documents are validated and then you're handed the keycards and off you go.

I went for a small breakfast and came back around 9 am. There was no queue whatsoever, one other customer was collecting their car. When I started the collection process, I mentioned my concerns about the finance agreement to the sales assistant and asked to switch it over to cash purchase. I was told that if I did that, I would not be able to collect the car on the day and would have to come back in 3-5 days (bummer). I questioned this and asked to speak to the finance department - a few back and forth comments and we were getting closer, in the end, it has been agreed that I would be able to collect the car around 4 pm on the day. So I transferred the money via the Starling Bank app at 9:33 am and completed my collection process within an hour!

The car is amazing! I did not notice any obvious issues that you read about on the forums, no obvious panel gaps, paint intact (and beautifully cleaned despite open-air car park and overnight rain). Two charging cables - one 3-pin for home charging and another for non-Tesla charging stations. Parcel shelf in the boot, front and back laminated windows, heated wipers and everything else that comes with Model Y. I even had 171 miles of range on collection which meant I did not have to use any of the Super Chargers on my way back home.

The car felt a lot more premium than my test drive, perhaps it is the upgraded wheels (induction) and white seats (very comfy, and really soft vegan leather). The sound system is also a lot nicer than my X5 (Harman-Kardon). Watching movie trailers on YouTube was a thrilling experience.

Here are a couple of photos of the new family member.
IMG_2489.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2494.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_9426.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

Thanks for all the forum posts and all the updates, it made waiting for the car a lot more enjoyable experience than it would have been without this community.

So... It has been a long couple of days for me. Had collection booked from Staines for today at 9 am but didn't bother finalising things like insurance or reviewing my finance agreement (business via Black Horse). The first thing that hit me yesterday was sorting out insurance. I was shocked to see the availability, or the lack of, of the insurers dealing with Tesla's - and then the prices that were offered from the ones that did. My first initial quotes where £1500+. Ended up going with Admiral at around £1.1 after fiddling with excess and getting all the questions answered (it was back and forth between the Tesla and Admiral, questions like immobiliser, tracker, registered keepers etc, no claims bonus - had to remove it from my other car which I'm in the process of selling). Anyhow, after half a day of chasing, got it finally sorted.

Then in the evening, I decided to review the Finance Agreement that was recently placed in my online Tesla account. Disclaimer: This is my first business purchase/loan. I was unaware that business loans are not protected by Consumer Credit Act i.e. no cooling off period, no voluntary termination or no early termination at all for that matter. It did not sit with me and ended up stressing about it and not sleeping very well.

This morning I got into Uber and travelled to Staines for my collection as scheduled, 9 am. Got there a bit early so walked around a bit. Staines delivery hub is a car park with 100s of cars and a small Tesla Booth where you confirm your identity, your documents are validated and then you're handed the keycards and off you go.

I went for a small breakfast and came back around 9 am. There was no queue whatsoever, one other customer was collecting their car. When I started the collection process, I mentioned my concerns about the finance agreement to the sales assistant and asked to switch it over to cash purchase. I was told that if I did that, I would not be able to collect the car on the day and would have to come back in 3-5 days (bummer). I questioned this and asked to speak to the finance department - a few back and forth comments and we were getting closer, in the end, it has been agreed that I would be able to collect the car around 4 pm on the day. So I transferred the money via the Starling Bank app at 9:33 am and completed my collection process within an hour!

The car is amazing! I did not notice any obvious issues that you read about on the forums, no obvious panel gaps, paint intact (and beautifully cleaned despite open-air car park and overnight rain). Two charging cables - one 3-pin for home charging and another for non-Tesla charging stations. Parcel shelf in the boot, front and back laminated windows, heated wipers and everything else that comes with Model Y. I even had 171 miles of range on collection which meant I did not have to use any of the Super Chargers on my way back home.

The car felt a lot more premium than my test drive, perhaps it is the upgraded wheels (induction) and white seats (very comfy, and really soft vegan leather). The sound system is also a lot nicer than my X5 (Harman-Kardon). Watching movie trailers on YouTube was a thrilling experience.

Here are a couple of photos of the new family member.
View attachment 849636
View attachment 849637
View attachment 849638
View attachment 849639
View attachment 849642
View attachment 849643
View attachment 849644
Thanks for all the forum posts and all the updates, it made waiting for the car a lot more enjoyable experience than it would have been without this community.
Congratulations! This is making me impatient for my pick up in two weeks!
Can I please ask when you were able to view your finance agreement and how it was provided to you? I have been chasing to even just see mine (don’t know if the interest rate went up - I suspect it did reading all the comments about business loans with Black Horse) but finding it impossible to get anything out of Tesla

Congratulations! This is making me impatient for my pick up in two weeks!
Can I please ask when you were able to view your finance agreement and how it was provided to you? I have been chasing to even just see mine (don’t know if the interest rate went up - I suspect it did reading all the comments about business loans with Black Horse) but finding it impossible to get anything out of Tesla
Also interested to know. Is it a business HP agreement or contract hire? I'm still waiting for Black Horse to reapprove the hire purchase as it had expired after I made my payment. Kind of tempted to just switch to cash at this point and not bother with Black Horse 🤔