Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a delivery from Wayne last night... not Wayne Enterprises, just some guy called Wayne.

He had done 8 deliveries from Bluewater yesterday, then he said he was going back to pickup another and drive it to Glasgow that night! It was already 6.30pm by this point...! The delivery was fine though, nice guy and he took care backing the car off the trailer.

The car itself is great... no swirls or panel gaps. I cant really compare the suspension to my test drive as it was 5 months ago. It is definitely firm like the now departed 2020 Fairmont Model 3 was, but I think that is unavoidable due to the weight. Everything is well put together though and there are no rattles when you crunch through a pot hole, unlike the M3 which felt like a door was going to fall off or something. In general, a much quieter and refined drive than the M3.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me 🦇

Here's a couple of rubbish pics...

MY Delivery.jpg

MY.jpg

@Utumno . Just spoke to Katie. She confirmed the following:
1. The APR for a new Tesla is 4.9%. This is expected to remain unchanged.
2. The acceptance is valid for 90 days. In case the car is not delivered in that time, then a fresh credit search will be undertaken.
3. The APR agreed at time of acceptance will be constant. It will not change even if acceptance has to be renewed.

This appears to be in line with your understanding. Katie was knowledgeable and very clear. Any other members looking to finance through Forza, I would recommend that you speak to Katie.
Forza took over the finance a few days ago. Today Katie came back to me saying the rate is now 5.4% instead of 4.9% agreed previously. She says it is because BOE has increased the rate. Forza know I have nowhere to go now as I have lost my rate with Tesla and am not in a position to arrange other finance because of the hard search that they have conducted on my account. Therefore they have got me over the barrel. Extremely angry with them. Don’t think I have any other choice but to accept the increased rate. Just wanted to let other members know, in case they are considering moving from Tesla to Forza.

body I would get. Alloy..., can't be that hard to swap it with a new one?...

That would also suggest they are carrying the 20 variants for test drives (5 colours times 2 interiors times 2 alloy sizes).. seems a lot
Imagine they have at least that many unassigned. Plenty of showrooms and each required about 2 cars, plus some people get last minute allocations (after they have checked all the cars?). I also expect some of the more expensive combos wouldn’t be as luck as to get a quick re-allocation.

Took a delivery from Wayne last night... not Wayne Enterprises, just some guy called Wayne.

He had done 8 deliveries from Bluewater yesterday, then he said he was going back to pickup another and drive it to Glasgow that night! It was already 6.30pm by this point...! The delivery was fine though, nice guy and he took care backing the car off the trailer.

The car itself is great... no swirls or panel gaps. I cant really compare the suspension to my test drive as it was 5 months ago. It is definitely firm like the now departed 2020 Fairmont Model 3 was, but I think that is unavoidable due to the weight. Everything is well put together though and there are no rattles when you crunch through a pot hole, unlike the M3 which felt like a door was going to fall off or something. In general, a much quieter and refined drive than the M3.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me 🦇

Here's a couple of rubbish pics...

View attachment 849825

View attachment 849826
Looking good Sir, I'm waiting on Black MYLR but with the Geminis 🦇

Reactions: Toppyawe
I have ALD Business Lease order, and contrary to most people on here I haven't 'lost access' to the car through the Tesla app. ALD just asked for the deposit/direct debit today which I will do tonight - I know people were surprised earlier on in the ordering process when the car hadn't disappeared from the account - but should I be worried at this point?

I have my reg details in hand, a confirmed pickup date so I am not overly concerned, but anything out of the ordinary is always a worry!

Also catching up on the thread there has been a lot of insurance talk - I originally had an I-Pace, and was insured through LV (they do EV insurance) and I was dreading the change to Tesla. For 3 drivers (68/66/33) and 10k miles per year my insurance is a little under £900, about the same as the I-Pace was in the first year of ownership. So I guess YMMV, but it's best to shop around?

Changing the subject of the day from the big size debate which unfortunately i seem to have missed…not that it makes any difference at this point in time, I noticed that the app is now showing the scheduled delivery date and time underneath the MY picture…hooray ☺️

Reactions: Toblerone
Changing the subject of the day from the big size debate which unfortunately i seem to have missed…not that it makes any difference at this point in time, I noticed that the app is now showing the scheduled delivery date and time underneath the MY picture…hooray ☺️

I've only noticed today that my VIN shows in the app now not sure when that started

Mine too. VIN and collection date have appeared sometime in the 72 hours before collection. Others had this weeks ago.

Interesting... Well, my pickup's tomorrow and my app's still blank, just the photo and no VIN😅
I'll try not to read too much into it if I don't want to lose any sleep tonight!

Mine too. VIN and collection date have appeared sometime in the 72 hours before collection. Others had this weeks ago.
Did not notice the VIn…I guess I will see more details appearing and the info/docs on the app evolving (I yet to see my signed lending agreement despite the confirmation last week) as I approach next Friday…I am kind of convinced that there is a manual process behind the scenes…👍

Reactions: MashinBenzin