Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my red MY at Staines this morning. Car was fairly clean and couldn't find any faults with it at all. Drives very well although really don't like seeing the battery percentage drop every few minutes... The suspension seemed really good to me. It feels comparable to my old Volvo XC60 (very stiff) air suspension so was really pleasantly surprised. Also very pleased with the colour having bought it sight unseen.

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 60
Update! My lovely Y finally arrived yesterday at 8.30pm. Duncan from WDC was really brilliant. Apparently the car was picked up from Bluewater and was his 5th of the day. Arrived with 50% charge and no obvious issues. Took it for a late night spin (no-one tells you it comes with the interior and dome lights set to off!) but aside from not seeing what I was doing I couldn't be happier. Sensors/cameras (?) did not finish calibrating, but I am sure that will happen today. Also, I am pleased that Premium Connectivity trial only started today and not delivery date, as I would have been mildly annoyed to have missed out on a day. Currently charging up next to an ICE that suddenly seems so antiquated.

Absolutely 100% biased, but the blue looks so ridiculously nice close up. I never actually got to see one at the showroom or even in a car park, just out on the roads and on the internet. But claiming I am very pleased with colour would be a huge understatement. :D

Good luck to all those collecting today. See you on the other side!

View attachment 855535

Yeeeesss! Glad it arrived ok for you and you are in love with it! Definitely worth the wait wasn't it! :)

Reactions: CP91
did they come through today?
I asked using the chat box if they could send it through today as I’m away until Monday evening and collecting on Wednesday afternoon. He said he’d talk to the folks responsible and try to get done today. Within an hour I had the email and checked the doc and e signed and dated it. The document is effectively the lending agreement which you will already have in your documents list on your app. I must say the chat box people have been excellent every time I checked in and made requests. Within 10 mins they confirmed my reg number when I queried that a few weeks back when trying to help sort out insurance. Just use the chat box and make a polite request and they’ll do it.

Just wanted to check in whether many of you took out gap insurance and what type. I’ve got a quote but not progressed it yet. Also did you inform your insurer that you’re using pcp and Tesla are the owner (as per their documentation suggests you need to do)? Can be sorted by quick call with insurer but wondered what the normal practice is. I’ve never used pcp before but thought I’d do it this time.

Last edited:
This Model Y has killed my holiday. The moment we got here (last Saturday), I’ve been wishing the damn week away so I can get home and pick up this damn Tesla! What have I become!?

Enjoyed reading all the good (and even sometimes mediocre) delivery experiences and initial impressions. Really made me wonder what impression I’m going to form - I’m sure it’s going to be glowing but will try be as objective as possible - you know, for science and all that!

Truth be told, despite the longing, I have enjoyed my holiday, and I have a week off next week too so I can thoroughly spend time with car. It’s all worked out rather well with timings and whatnot.

Super happy for all those who’ve picked up this quarter, and I *will* be waving at any Y that drives by knowing one of them will eventually be one of you 👋🏼

This Model Y has killed my holiday. The moment we got here (last Saturday), I’ve been wishing the damn week away so I can get home and pick up this damn Tesla! What have I become!?

Enjoyed reading all the good (and even sometimes mediocre) delivery experiences and initial impressions. Really made me wonder what impression I’m going to form - I’m sure it’s going to be glowing but will try be as objective as possible - you know, for science and all that!

Truth be told, despite the longing, I have enjoyed my holiday, and I have a week off next week too so I can thoroughly spend time with car. It’s all worked out rather well with timings and whatnot.

Super happy for all those who’ve picked up this quarter, and I *will* be waving at any Y that drives by knowing one of them will eventually be one of you 👋🏼
A big set of kenny Everett foam happy clappy hands on the roof would be a sight to behold.

Congrats to all new Tesla owners! I got a question...

I just collect my white Model Y today and found there is a plastic film stuck on the left back door (nothing on the right) and it is quite noticeable because of its thickness (don't know why I can't see it during collection 🧐). I reported to Tesla and they said it is a protection film applied on most recently Model 3 and Y. Do you guys have the same "film"? Is it normal?

IMG-4669.jpg

Just back from collection at the NEC and I can only echo what others have said; the car is stunning.

1663862080312.png

Other than getting lost in the NEC for a short while (tip if arriving by train, head to hall 16 via the skyway, don't go outside first). Check in was quick and easy. Just showed them my drivers license and got my keys and told to go find the car, which was fun!

A few things that others worry about:
I'm with ALD and the second I signed the eDocument, the car appeared in my app in literally seconds.
3 pin charger included
Paint is perfect
Panel gaps are perfect
Ride is firm but not as bad as some reviewers have made out and seems better than the May test drive.
Car had 44% charge

Cameras calibrated on the way home (60 mile trip) and I was using auto steer for a good chunk of the journey which was very strange to begin with. I stopped at Rugby to use the superchargers and by the time I left, there were 3 cars waiting.

More later, but it's so easy to drive, and lots of fun.

Last edited:
Took me 5 hours to get to Bluewater and I was in and out in 5 minutes. I could see it beaming at me lights-on as I queued to get my keycard, it was parked right next to the collection point! Managed to charge there too followed by another boost on the way home. Drives really well, haven't got it out of Chill yet as trying to get to grips with the rest of it. Steering lighter than I remember. Alignment all looks OK, can't see any issues. Bubble under the PPF but not really that fussed to do anything about it. Here's some shots for #TeamBlue20 @Toblerone @QuanTim !

Attachments

• IMG_20220922_1704452.jpg
    IMG_20220922_1704452.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20220922_1215142.jpg
    IMG_20220922_1215142.jpg
    709.5 KB · Views: 48
Out of the blue, I just got a text asking me to schedule delivery... in 7 days' time! Guess it's a cancellation - VIN 448.

I'd totally given up on Q3 after my EDD went back to Q4 a few weeks ago and was 'having a month off'. So lots to do - sell old car, insurance etc...

All that time refreshing for a VIN with recent ships and then this... 😆
That’s amazing and perhaps there’s still hope for a few selected others desperate for a cancellation getting a car in the next 8 days. Hope you can get all the admin done in time and insurance isn’t too high with such short notice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwards
All I’m seeing on these posts are blue, black, red and a few white which all look really cool. If anyone is in Glasgow over next couple of days you might see a lonely grey one parked waiting for me to collect him next week, after neural sandwich picks up his grey one.

I just collect my white Model Y today and found there is a plastic film stuck on the left back door (nothing on the right) and it is quite noticeable because of its thickness (don't know why I can't see it during collection 🧐). I reported to Tesla and they said it is a protection film applied on most recently Model 3 and Y. Do you guys have the same "film"? Is it normal?

IMG-4669.jpg
Yep, PPF normal on an MY for the last couple of quarters.

What isn't normal is it for only to be on one side...

IMG-4669.jpg
Hi TerenceC I see your query is still unanswered. But don't worry this film is normal, but should be on both sides. Its what you may have seen referred to as PPF when some new owners are seeing air bubbles. Some more experienced poster may be able to tell you exactly why its there, but as far as I know its because that rear panel is prone to gravel etc flung up by front wheels. I couldn't open your photo, but it shouldn't particularly catch the eye. Main question I would have is where is your right one?