Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s amazing and perhaps there’s still hope for a few selected others desperate for a cancellation getting a car in the next 8 days. Hope you can get all the admin done in time and insurance isn’t too high with such short notice.
Thanks Bob! Yeah we shall see... I'm fully expecting the insurance to be a lot more than the quotes I got when I ordered.

But it's a lovely car whatever that costs. I went for a test drive yesterday to check I still wanted it... and it was a firm "yes"!

Hello, a question for those whom have had theirs deliverd please. My car is being delivered on Monday, typically I am on my own at work, but can work from home. How much notice do they give you, is it the day before? Just worried I can get away from my PC long enough as I work in the financial markets, many thanks

Hello, a question for those whom have had theirs deliverd please. My car is being delivered on Monday, typically I am on my own at work, but can work from home. How much notice do they give you, is it the day before? Just worried I can get away from my PC long enough as I work in the financial markets, many thanks
If it helps, I was sent a text by the carrier (in my case We Deliver Cars) the morning before my delivery day. That’s when I was given a time slot. I had a 2-6 but it arrived at 8.30 so could have been in the office anyway 😂 just a word of caution - the text messages pushed out are from numbers you can reply to / call, and until I was contacted later on by the driver, I had know way of talking to them to find out more details etc.

Reactions: RutlandRider
If it helps, I was sent a text by the carrier (in my case We Deliver Cars) the morning before my delivery day. That’s when I was given a time slot. I had a 2-6 but it arrived at 8.30 so could have been in the office anyway 😂 just a word of caution - the text messages pushed out are from numbers you can reply to / call, and until I was contacted later on by the driver, I had know way of talking to them to find out more details etc.
Thank you, really apreciated

Reactions: Toppyawe
Finally picked up my red MY at Staines this morning. Car was fairly clean and couldn't find any faults with it at all. Drives very well although really don't like seeing the battery percentage drop every few minutes... The suspension seemed really good to me. It feels comparable to my old Volvo XC60 (very stiff) air suspension so was really pleasantly surprised. Also very pleased with the colour having bought it sight unseen.
The red and black combo is nice...have fun

Just wanted to check in whether many of you took out gap insurance and what type. I’ve got a quote but not progressed it yet. Also did you inform your insurer that you’re using pcp and Tesla are the owner (as per their documentation suggests you need to do)? Can be sorted by quick call with insurer but wondered what the normal practice is. I’ve never used pcp before but thought I’d do it this time.
I took out gap insurance with ALA and went with vehicle replacement plus. I found a discount in a post somewhere on here but a day after doing it there was another code which gave more off.

I’ve had 3 cars on pcp but never told the insurance company. Have never seen anything that said I needed to.

just got a new page on tesla website which said

Next Steps​

As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

does it mean that my car will arrive before 7th of november?

Also very weird in this page i have more mentions of MODEL 3 than model Y in the code source

Reactions: robmcm
Account page isn’t showing payment information for me but back to “next steps” we’ll reach out closer to delivery. Delivery appointment is still showing though. Anyone else seeing this?
Same for me. I have scheduled delivery on 27th and it changed this morning to same as you. Also delivery date disappeared from app. But I'm not worried about any of it. They seem to change stuff all the time. We both have confirmed delivery date so should all be fine.

Same for me. I have scheduled delivery on 27th and it changed this morning to same as you. Also delivery date disappeared from app. But I'm not worried about any of it. They seem to change stuff all the time. We both have confirmed delivery date so should all be fine.
Phew, same date for me 27th. They did phone yesterday chasing payment but just hoping I don’t join the “catastrophic failure” and delayed delivery crew! Sounds like it’s just the website messing up then. 👌

just got a new page on tesla website which said

Next Steps​

As your delivery date approaches, we’ll contact you to confirm your registration, payment method and, if applicable, trade-in details.

does it mean that my car will arrive before 7th of november?

Also very weird in this page i have more mentions of MODEL 3 than model Y in the code source
They’ve updated the site UI. If you’re on mobile then there’s a drop-down list button in the top right called “your car”. If you tap that, it’ll expand with your EDD and RN.

I too was thinking “ooooo have I been given a cancellation?!” - alas, no!

Reactions: Toblerone
Phew, same date for me 27th. They did phone yesterday chasing payment but just hoping I don’t join the “catastrophic failure” and delayed delivery crew! Sounds like it’s just the website messing up then. 👌
My app has gone the same way but I do have copy of my esign doc which was emailed yesterday so no last minute worries going on with me. I just have insurance to pay as I didnt want to do it prematurely and I already gave them the reg number 2 weeks ago. I’m good to go and looking forward to adopting Hogarth on Wednesday.

just about 24 hours to go and my mind is going blank.. just like before an exam!
what will i do after i get the keys.. would i even know how to drive it back home.. 😳
ha ha, get in, foot on brake, pull the lever down (or up) and off you go... point and shoot.

I'm still figuring out new settings each time I get in my M3. Plus with all the software updates there's always something new to remember!

You are correct though, there are certain things which you really might want to set up, such as the regen braking if it's something you are or aren't used to straight off? For me now the brake is redundant 95% of the time but would hate you to drive out and expect it to stop and it's set to roll:eek::eek:

Good luck with the pick up.

just about 24 hours to go and my mind is going blank.. just like before an exam!
what will i do after i get the keys.. would i even know how to drive it back home.. 😳
Same boat as you man.. I feel like I'm going on holiday and forgotten my passport. Have an exam but I can't remember if it's maths or history. Supposed to pickup up the dog, but forgotten about the kids.. ok.. left foot brake right foot indicate. Ok.. I think I'm good.

Same boat as you man.. I feel like I'm going on holiday and forgotten my passport. Have an exam but I can't remember if it's maths or history. Supposed to pickup up the dog, but forgotten about the kids.. ok.. left foot brake right foot indicate. Ok.. I think I'm good.
what! left foot brake and right foot indicate!!
now I am even more sure that i know nothing :)

Good luck to you too 👍

Reactions: Sparky750