Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the response ROTA - its not really the plate but March would be a good time for me to change cars due to a few reasons. Do you know what happens if you order and the car comes too soon?

I'm happy to order now as they only want £200 down.
Order now and decline delivery if it comes too early for you. This also locks in today’s price so win/win.

I ordered my Y in January, declined delivery in March, and accepted/collected in June.

Reactions: Mark V2
Well, a bit overwelmed, arrived with 2 miles on it, from WDC, really lovely guy. I am still trying to work it all out, but really impressed and just about got it down the drive. It was a bit like ordering from amazon. i showed my licence, signed the phone, the guy took som pics and off he went. Just set up the phone, so much easier to lock and unlock.

Attachments

• tesla3.JPG
    tesla3.JPG
    788.4 KB · Views: 62
  • tesla2.JPG
    tesla2.JPG
    745.1 KB · Views: 45
  • tesla1.JPG
    tesla1.JPG
    642.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I think the lack of a load area cover would be a deal-breaker for me. Always seemed really strange the MY didn't have one from the outset.
Where is the additional airbag?
Between the 2 front seats to stop front seat passengers banging heads in a collision. Check out latest NCAP safety review on YouTube and you’ll see it in action and to make you sit up and think wow - check out the results v other cars. It’s out in front by a long way. Model Y Earns 5-Star Safety Rating From Euro NCAP.

Just had a text from Tesla saying the following;

“Tesla Update - Due to delays our carriers may experience on the day your Model Y is scheduled to arrive at your address, we'd like to offer you the option of collecting your Model Y from Tesla Centre Glasgow. Reply YES if you wish to collect the same day or NO if we need to look into alternative arrangements.”

So looks like I am now going to be collecting from Glasgow on Thursday 29th instead!!
Update on this…

Called Tesla a couple of times this morning and sent the team a few text in response to changes. I am now collecting the car from the Glasgow Tesla Centre on either Wednesday or Thursday. Apparently the car is still on its way up to Scotland and there’s a chance it might not be here on the 28th.

Been on to Amazon this evening and ordered myself a few starter accessories… safe to say I am beyond excited now!!

Details- MYLR, Midnight Blue, Black Interior, 19” wheels
Order date - 14/04
Lease through Arval via work.

Update on this…

Called Tesla a couple of times this morning and sent the team a few text in response to changes. I am now collecting the car from the Glasgow Tesla Centre on either Wednesday or Thursday. Apparently the car is still on its way up to Scotland and there’s a chance it might not be here on the 28th.

Been on to Amazon this evening and ordered myself a few starter accessories… safe to say I am beyond excited now!!

Details- MYLR, Midnight Blue, Black Interior, 19” wheels
Order date - 14/04
Lease through Arval via work.
Might see you around if it’s Wednesday. Thankfully I’ve not been mucked about like a few folks on this forum so hoping this doesn’t invoke Murphy law.

it depends how the company ordered? through lease or directly through tesla.
i know leasing companies do keep stock [or had] of white and black model y's
They ordered it directly through Tesla and Tesla have been communicating with me direct. But I just don't have access to the app or anything all through their online system.

Just super keen to get the car now the delivery times are estimated for next month.

Delivery day for me, and woke up to this from Tesla,

Tesla Update - Unfortunately the Model Y assigned to your order has not passed the pre-delivery inspection and therefore will not arrive on it's scheduled delivery date. We will be in touch when we have an update. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Absolutely fuming 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Disagree
Reactions: htlon and CP91

Tesla Update - Unfortunately the Model Y assigned to your order has not passed the pre-delivery inspection and therefore will not arrive on it's scheduled delivery date. We will be in touch when we have an update. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Absolutely fuming 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Fingers crossed it's just a minor delay and that you get it very soon!!!

Reactions: Sparkie1968

Absolutely fuming 🤬🤬🤬🤬

You’ve got to be joking, really sorry to hear this hopefully they can solve it asap

Collection day for me as well mid mornin, checked 50,000 times this morning if I’ve done everything, insurance , driving licence check. Only thing I haven’t done is GAP which I’m strongly considering

You’ve got to be joking, really sorry to hear this hopefully they can solve it asap

Collection day for me as well mid mornin, checked 50,000 times this morning if I’ve done everything, insurance , driving licence check. Only thing I haven’t done is GAP which I’m strongly considering
I’m still undecided on gap insurance (ALA appear to be best and code MSE25 gives 25% off). Good luck with pick up. It’s Tesla eve for me and I have a meeting in Glasgow centre tomorrow. Do I take a single ticket on train and run the risk of last minute hitch with late afternoon pick up or get a return just in case?