Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - my finger is hovering over the 'go' button on a Model Y RWD (Blue/Black & 19" wheels) order via a salary sacrifice lease.

Lease Company (Leaseplan) are quoting 24 week lead time, which I'm actually ok with as it fits in nicely with selling existing car / other stuff.

What are we reckoning to delivery times for orders placed before the end of the year?

Hey all - my finger is hovering over the 'go' button on a Model Y RWD (Blue/Black & 19" wheels) order via a salary sacrifice lease.

Lease Company (Leaseplan) are quoting 24 week lead time, which I'm actually ok with as it fits in nicely with selling existing car / other stuff.

What are we reckoning to delivery times for orders placed before the end of the year?
If you go to Tesla’s site there are a lot of this spec available right now. Under existing inventory.

Reactions: H43lio

It’s hard to say as it’s not on a first come first serve basis, if you order their existing inventory now, you can get it this year, but I know there are still people who reserved it months ago and still haven’t got a VIN

I have 6 people both friends and family here’s there orders:

Myself: June 18th Order - November 26th Pickup
Friend: 4th April order - Sept 21st pickup
Friend: 21st march order - sept 19th pickup
Family: Feb 18th order - June 28th pickup
2x friend: June 13th order - Dec 3rd pickup

You’re looking around 5-6 months. But this was also at a time where impacts in the market were severe. So 24 weeks is a realistic time

Just to note - it’s not like any other car order, Tesla are absolutely rubbish at communication and keeping you up to date. EDD’s are incredibly frustrating as they constantly change (my EDD changed 9 times overall, spanning across 3 months)

Reactions: SomeGuyWithaY
Got my text today.. I chatted to Tesla last night & they said that EDD was end of Nov / early Dec.
I'm now getting the car delivered 24th Nov.
I assume it's a cancellation - as going from no VIN to car delivery in 24hours seems way too fast.

My only fear is that I'm going to miss out on the upgraded cameras, will see if I can get the VIN tomorrow from them, is there any guesses on USS = Yes max VIN, as I know that having USS general means that I've missed out on the upgraded cameras - which would be a shame when they then turn off USS AND I have worse cameras.
- FYI I'm a lease customer so dont see stuff in the app / website myself.
The VIN Number is: LRWYHCEK1PC551XXX
From what I can see someone else has already said that 551XXX would be no USS, so that's good news :)

I didn't order all that long ago, so I really do sympathise with those of you that have been waiting months. However, I am tempted to cancel my order and go with another manufacturer.
It's the complete lack of transparency with Tesla that annoys me. Constantly pushing back EDD is not acceptable, they use short timeframes as a hook to get people to order and then treat them like dirt once they've ordered - for a 65k car, really not good!
I was very tempted by the BMW i4, but their lead time of March-May put me off, so I ordered Tesla, who advised December, however, given everyone's experience here I'm starting to think that date could be fictional. At least with BMW they would be upfront and there'd be no constantly checking for an SMS etc.

Reactions: H43lio
Not sure also if its linked to my down payment.

I sent all my down payment yesterday and they sent the reg today.
I have seen reg come to those around 2 weeks before (so they can organise insurance)

My insurance came to £890
I was expecting around this figure and to be honest I am quite happy with that price considering 6 months ago it was double...

Can I ask how you made the downpayment? For some reason in my account, it says pay amount due before delivery but there is no option to pay? There is a blue button that says continue but when I click on it nothing loads. Not sure if my account has a glitch or something.

Can I ask how you made the downpayment? For some reason in my account, it says pay amount due before delivery but there is no option to pay? There is a blue button that says continue but when I click on it nothing loads. Not sure if my account has a glitch or something.
If you keep clicking you end up on a page that has the button to get the “Wire transfer” details (American lingo). You’ll then get the account number, sort code and account name etc.

Everything you need to do a bank transfer. I did £100 as a test payment on Monday and it was deducted from my outstanding balance 2 hours later

This is soooooo frustrating.

Ordered June 17th... Latest EDD 4th Dec - 20th Dec.

No hidden VIN or texts.
D9ADF9FF-6358-4C9D-8A21-F3EFB57CC1D2.jpeg

Try March 😭

I didn't order all that long ago, so I really do sympathise with those of you that have been waiting months. However, I am tempted to cancel my order and go with another manufacturer.
It's the complete lack of transparency with Tesla that annoys me. Constantly pushing back EDD is not acceptable, they use short timeframes as a hook to get people to order and then treat them like dirt once they've ordered - for a 65k car, really not good!
I was very tempted by the BMW i4, but their lead time of March-May put me off, so I ordered Tesla, who advised December, however, given everyone's experience here I'm starting to think that date could be fictional. At least with BMW they would be upfront and there'd be no constantly checking for an SMS etc.
I feel your pain but a friend of mine has a range rover Evoque hybrid on order and he was given a delivery date and 2 weeks later a phone call to say they wouldn't meet that date. And couldn't provide a other date.
A work colleague has an EV6 on order and last I spoke to him he didn't even have an expected delivery date.

I don't know about BMW but I think a lot of car makers are in the same boat.

Reactions: DTUK
Unfortunately other manufacturers are slow too. I had an order for an Audi and cancelled it in favour of a Tesla as I had been waiting for so long and still not even a build week and total lack of information wound me up. I think all manufacturers are struggling but Audi gave me less info and I was waiting for c.10months. I’ve been lucky with Tesla to be fair (I ordered not that long ago and have a scheduled delivery at the end of Nov 😬) - my spec must have just been what they were making at the time.

If you keep clicking you end up on a page that has the button to get the “Wire transfer” details (American lingo). You’ll then get the account number, sort code and account name etc.

Everything you need to do a bank transfer. I did £100 as a test payment on Monday and it was deducted from my outstanding balance 2 hours later
I can’t keep clicking. It must be glitched for me. I’ll give them a call. Thanks for the help though!

I feel your pain but a friend of mine has a range rover Evoque hybrid on order and he was given a delivery date and 2 weeks later a phone call to say they wouldn't meet that date. And couldn't provide a other date.
A work colleague has an EV6 on order and last I spoke to him he didn't even have an expected delivery date.

I don't know about BMW but I think a lot of car makers are in the same boat.
Ah, fair enough. Looks like as consumers, no matter the brand, we're all in the same boat then.
I'll stop feeling sorry for myself.