Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 880104
I believe the earlier MY had plastic along the side of the rear seats and the carpet lined ones in the pic is the newer one. Got nothing to compare to other than internet pics and comments.

View attachment 880105
USS but the screen display looks different to my mates model 3. His looks more like a bubble around the car showing distance with red and amber lines.
View attachment 880106

Headlights, not sure if these are the matrix or older ones.
View attachment 880107

I think these are the older cameras

View attachment 880109
I believe the carpeting in the back goes higher than what your photo suggests. It goes all the way up to shoulder level. It's visible in this video (direct link to time where seat is visible):

2023 Vin xx552xx red/20"YLR collected this afternoon. 40% SOC & 2022.40.4.2

I can confirm that the cameras give identical images to my 32 month old Model 3. They still have a brown tinge like a 1970s poorly processed 35mm film.

Carly at the Trafford Centre was beyond helpful, just as she was with the 3 in 2020 so I was able to pick up early. A good look around prior to that found no issues & I was able to drive away immediately after getting the key cards.

My cloud driver profile was already active in the car so every setting is identical between both cars & if I change & save something it synchronises. A very useful feature (although the 3 will be sold soon). Autopilot calibrated after 10 minutes & worked faultlessly in heavy rush hour traffic all the way home, just as the Model 3 did yesterday on the same software &~200 motorway miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat Wolfie
Morning all, home delivery day for me today. Quick question, what are peoples experiences with the carrier delivering the vehicle? Tesla said they would reach out separately, given that the text also said delivery would be between 8am and all day when is the likelihood of me hearing from them? Could I in theory only here from at around 3pm saying they are delivering between 6pm and 7pm? Thanks
I took home delivery yesterday, a good experience and the driver was a friendly & cheerful chap however I didn’t hear from him until he was at the end of my road, no other contact ahead of time.

View attachment 880104
I believe the earlier MY had plastic along the side of the rear seats and the carpet lined ones in the pic is the newer one. Got nothing to compare to other than internet pics and comments.
The carpet/plastic arrangement you have there in your rear seats is the same as in my Q2 Model Y.

In fact everything you've posted is the same as my Q2 Model Y, completely unsurprisingly ;)

I picked up a MYLR at Brent Cross yesterday and I had a similar experience to others.

The handover team at Brent Cross were doing a good job of keeping the shortish line moving and answering any random questions at what was clearly quite a busy time. Some of the guys picking up for home delivery mentioned of much longer queues the previous day. A cleaning crew pottered around prepping new cars and I imagine that they have a very quick turnover of vehicles.

The site itself is rather cramped with what can only be >£10m of Tesla's there. So inspection is difficult and don't expect the fancy handover experience you may have had with other cars or seen at the MY launch event.

I had about 40% charge to get me home (more than sufficient to get back to Surrey/W Sussex) and the car was spotless aside from a few watermarks from cleaning. As a lease customer I expected my phone key to be activated this morning, but it turned on before I left the Portacabin and was really useful in popping the boot to see where the car was. Overall setup took 10 mins and I was on my way.

Autopilot calibrated by the time I hit Ikea on the A40 and the 90 minute journey home on the M25 (past M4/M3/A3 etc) was the most stress free I've had on that stretch.
Thanks for this! very useful. I am also a lease customer and picking up from Brent Cross on 20th Dec. Regarding setting up the car on the Tesla app....did you do anything? or did the staff there do anything on the spot to get the car added into the app?

The carpet/plastic arrangement you have there in your rear seats is the same as in my Q2 Model Y.

In fact everything you've posted is the same as my Q2 Model Y, completely unsurprisingly ;)
did you get the parcel shelf, mats and mud flaps?
Guy I work with said his wife’s car didn’t have any of those and it was a q2. Trying to get more detail about this one.
Trying to figure out why there is differences and it could be lease or finance/dealership company related will depend what you actually get rather than vin sequence related.

Thanks for this! very useful. I am also a lease customer and picking up from Brent Cross on 20th Dec. Regarding setting up the car on the Tesla app....did you do anything? or did the staff there do anything on the spot to get the car added into the app?
I just signed on their iPad where I needed to and this all filtered through to the app. Literally by the time they handed over the key cards and did 10 seconds of blerb I stepped out of the Portacabin and it was there.

Reactions: ermis1234