Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you get the parcel shelf, mats and mud flaps?
Guy I work with said his wife’s car didn’t have any of those and it was a q2. Trying to get more detail about this one.
Trying to figure out why there is differences and it could be lease or finance/dealership company related will depend what you actually get rather than vin sequence related.
Car came with mats, shelf, mudguards, charger, everything expected. Haven’t heard of anyone’s Q2 Y that didn’t come with all those things supplied.

Reactions: S3Al
Picked up my MYLR in Bristol today. Was surprised to hear that the cars come up from Southampton via lorry rather than direct through the port in Bristol which always has hundreds of cars parked outside it.

I’m not an expert on cars but I am quite picky and I couldn’t find anything to object to on the car. The only things I don’t like about it are the lack of parking sensors - let’s hope it’s not too long before the TV replacement is available - and the mammoth turning circle is a bit cumbersome. That’s probably mostly me being used to driving a Golf GTI though, the Y is huge in comparison.

Coming from a 33k, 9 year old Golf (even though it is a great car) to the Y is like upgrading to the starship Enterprise from a horse and cart.

Got my collection text about an hour ago.
5pm blue water 9th December.

If I can I would prefer to change the collection to about 10am, (even if it is another day) so wife can drop me off and get to work, and really don’t want to be leaving blue water and head over the bridge at 5-6ish, will be a nightmare for traffic.

Is it easy to reschedule? Am I better texting back or live chat, I’ve had a couple of correspondence via text with them on something else and sometimes they seem just to get ignored???

Any help/ experience in rescheduling would be great.

Thanks

Got my collection text about an hour ago.
5pm blue water 9th December.

If I can I would prefer to change the collection to about 10am, (even if it is another day) so wife can drop me off and get to work, and really don’t want to be leaving blue water and head over the bridge at 5-6ish, will be a nightmare for traffic.

Is it easy to reschedule? Am I better texting back or live chat, I’ve had a couple of correspondence via text with them on something else and sometimes they seem just to get ignored???

Any help/ experience in rescheduling would be great.

Thanks
I changed my collection date/time via the chat option. Sorted in less than 10 minutes.

Just over a week to wait.... In case it helps others, I was happy with an insurance quote from Admiral using their multicover with house insurance. The car element was around £700 (13 yr protected no claim) and the house element was less than I paid previously elsewhere. The initial quote was by phone on 12/11 but wasn't "saved" in the system. This week I phoned to confirm with a firm delivery date and reg number and a new quote was over £100 higher - it is always worth getting a quote several weeks ahead! However Admiral were happy to honour the original phone quote. Catherine on the phone was very helpful and professional. Note you can't get a quote online as that needs a registered licence plate number.

Reactions: nrushforth
I thought the granny charger i.e. mobile connector kit was removed and had to be purchased. Seems so in the USA - but we got lucky for once.
The mobile connector was removed in the US many months ago. It’s only recently been removed for UK orders so deliveries this year generally aren’t affected.

If you didn’t have the option to order a mobile connector when you ordered your Tesla, you’ll get one included with the vehicle. This isn’t “lucky”, it’s just how it works :)

Just over a week to wait.... In case it helps others, I was happy with an insurance quote from Admiral using their multicover with house insurance. The car element was around £700 (13 yr protected no claim) and the house element was less than I paid previously elsewhere. The initial quote was by phone on 12/11 but wasn't "saved" in the system. This week I phoned to confirm with a firm delivery date and reg number and a new quote was over £100 higher - it is always worth getting a quote several weeks ahead! However Admiral were happy to honour the original phone quote. Catherine on the phone was very helpful and professional. Note you can't get a quote online as that needs a registered licence plate number.
I called Admiral and they could not find the Tesla RWD model on the system also when trying to get a quote online via comparison sites the BHP for the MY is incorrect listed at 647BHP and not the actual BHP 347 is whicb will increase the amount of insurance significantly! Do you have an the RWD?

I called Admiral and they could not find the Tesla RWD model on the system also when trying to get a quote online via comparison sites the BHP for the MY is incorrect listed at 647BHP and not the actual BHP 347 is whicb will increase the amount of insurance significantly! Do you have an the RWD?
I think you need to try again. Admiral insured me last week on my RWD. They call it simply the "Model Y " as opposed to Model Y Long Range and Model Y Performance.

I called Admiral and they could not find the Tesla RWD model on the system also when trying to get a quote online via comparison sites the BHP for the MY is incorrect listed at 647BHP and not the actual BHP 347 is whicb will increase the amount of insurance significantly! Do you have a the RWD?
I’m at my wits end with this at the moment, I’m tempted to cancel my order and get an ID4 gtx. I’m not paying Tesla my deposit until I get a reg and have it confirmed from my insurance that they will cover me.