Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had ours delivered at home this morning whilst I was at work. Have only inspected it in the dark this evening with the aid of a torch but no obvious issues so far šŸ˜

Delivery driver surprised us a little as we didnā€™t get the 1 hour warning call that we had been expecting.

Pleasantly surprised to have USS - live chat rep had told me I was getting Vision only. VIN 543xxx.

Looking forward to driving it tomorrow!

Picked mine up on Saturday from Southampton docks. Loving the car, though its already looking quite dirty - was a bit disappointed as it wasn't very clean on pick up, which they claimed was due to the frost, but wasn't bothered enough to ask them to clean.

Switched the 19" gemini hub caps to the tessories turnbines and am loving the look - would have gone for the black 20s but thought it was safer, due to leasing, to get the 19s and turbine caps (which I then dont have to worry about damaging/kerbing).

MYLR White, 19" & Black Interior. Zenith lease order, RN received July 20th, picked up December 10th, VIN 544 (which includes USS)

Picked mine up on Saturday from Southampton docks. Loving the car, though its already looking quite dirty - was a bit disappointed as it wasn't very clean on pick up, which they claimed was due to the frost, but wasn't bothered enough to ask them to clean.

Switched the 19" gemini hub caps to the tessories turnbines and am loving the look - would have gone for the black 20s but thought it was safer, due to leasing, to get the 19s and turbine caps (which I then dont have to worry about damaging/kerbing).

MYLR White, 19" & Black Interior. Zenith lease order, RN received July 20th, picked up December 10th, VIN 544 (which includes USS)
Delighted to see this as a fellow 544 vin holder. Had resigned myself to no USS after the announcement but all these other 544 posts seem to all have the sensors, making me even more excited for my pickup on Thursday morning!

Delivered yesterday MYLR on 543 vin. Delighted with it so far but due to family illness not had chance to drive it much yet. USS there which is great for me.

Amazed how dirty it was on delivery. Still not given it a proper full look over yet but what Iā€™ve seen itā€™s fab. Getting the family in today with it pre heated was bloody lovely!

after 1500 km in 1 week, here are my 2 cents.
ONE CAR IS AMAZING.
it took a bit of time to calibrate (i think due to me driving in London and in the snow) as soon I got on the highway to go to the Eurotunnel it was calibrated and then...........
the first reaction is super weird. this little wheel movement when the car takes control is scary at first but great after.
so the car in keeping the lane does what it says and if you have eap if you want to change lines it will still do for you
in autopilot it asks u to change the lane but the same concept.
autopilot sometimes is not logical.
he got scared when merging lines, got scared when we have the dotted line close to an exit/entrance of a gas station, and wants also us to go behind a truck to be back on the right line to ask us to move back to the center line a second later.
I would say it's insane to drive but doesn't yet understand its surrounding.

For ie: a car behind a truck driving faster, I'm on the left line, autopilot wants me to go back to the center lane when I know that the car will overtake the truck and will go to the center line.
or the car asking me to change the line but shows that a car is coming and i do have not enough space...
Also, it acts like a teacher sometimes. you can't use this function because you abuse it, sorry if the highway is empty and I'm crossing lines to get an easier turn...

also in a traffic jam you don't know if you should believe the car or not but it's working..

the only negative will be charging points. apart tesla. they are not good
in Paris, parking need a card and impossible to launch
in Paris street almost lost my cable as the charger didn't want to give it back, I had to pull it super strongly to remove it...
in ionity one is broken, one is free but slow charge, one did not want to start
in total, supposed to be 175kw you pay by the minute and after 2/3 min you are at 35 kW, also when i stopped the hosle was super hot.
The tesla supercharger you plug its working

Last edited:
Reactions: Vidyutyaan
Picked my MYLR yesterday from Southampton. The car was completely frozen :( and dirty. Was not in position to inspect any paintwork.
Found three issues with panel gaps on the passenger front and rear side (as if assembled by šŸ„“ šŸ¤–), one issue with headlight (again right front side) not flush with bodywork, and rear seats height not aligned (checked to make sure I had seats in the same position): 1/3 seat higher than 2/3 seats. The issues were logged by Tesla representative before I accepted delivery.
Booked appointment with Tesla Service Center to take a look into these and hopefully - these issues could be easily addressed.

The good stuff :) - I ā¤ļø the car !!! What an experience driving it. First experience using Autopilot - aaa positively strange :) I see why people love it so much. Had cruise control on my ICE car for the 6 years and never used it... Tesla autopilot was engaged right after calibration was done, ie... in the first 10 - 15 miles. It calibrated very quickly as I hit motorway.

544 - with Ultra Sonic Sensors. Anyone know if USS could be shown in cm instead of inches? Is it driven on the region settings?