Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So that’s part of the miscommunication. My account shows $2500 as shown in my screenshot, but apparently that also includes the $1000 rebate from our utility company for teachers. SA told me the $1000 wouldn’t show up until final payment, so I was expecting an additional $1000. It has always shown on my account as a 2500 clean fuel credit the whole time. I’m told there’s nothing they can do because they have to treat everyone the same.

On top of that, in my phone call with the SA this evening trying to resolve the rebate issue, he informed me that my Monday delivery appointment is being canceled because the vehicle assigned to me has been diverted at the factory for “rectification.” It was a 214xxx vin, which seemed weird compared to ones you all have been getting lately. they’ll try to match me to a new one soon. Who knows?

SA still cannot explain how my friends who ordered identical confirmation three weeks after me already got their car, and I’m in limbo.

This is my first experience with Tesla, and it hasn’t been a positive one. If this is how they treat customers they’re courting, how do they treat them after they’ve purchased?
Last night, after my delivery appointment was canceled, my edd showed September. I saw an exact match on existing inventory, but it disappeared in seconds. Now, this morning my account shows a new vin 209xxx (seems really low), is asking for final payment, and has an edd of today through June 30. I hope it’s true. I’m reluctant to plop down a big down payment, only to have this be another glitch. I guess I’ll do it and cross my fingers.

Last night, after my delivery appointment was canceled, my edd showed September. I saw an exact match on existing inventory, but it disappeared in seconds. Now, this morning my account shows a new vin 209xxx (seems really low), is asking for final payment, and has an edd of today through June 30. I hope it’s true. I’m reluctant to plop down a big down payment, only to have this be another glitch. I guess I’ll do it and cross my fingers.
Likely not a brand new build but an order that was canceled (or maybe rejected) and got reassigned to you. Nothing has really changed in the last month so your car should be the same as the latest 217xxx cars.

Likely not a brand new build but an order that was canceled (or maybe rejected) and got reassigned to you. Nothing has really changed in the last month so your car should be the same as the latest 217xxx cars.
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. The optimistic view that I'm forcing myself to take today is that a rejection (or preemptive rectification at the factory) will get the MY extra attention so it should arrive in better shape than an otherwise-normal order.

Just got off the phone with Tesla Marina Del Rey (automatically routed there) and wow, what a better service level! He took the time to look into my account. Apparently I’m soft matched to a vehicle in production with an estimated completion date of June 29. He said it could take up to 2 weeks after that to deliver.
What exactly did you ask? I'd really like to call since my SC is useless.

I've paid. Signed all the documents. Just waiting for the car. I only have a rough estimate for delivery time currently and it's tomorrow. Was hoping for today. Not sure when I'll be home tomorrow. Will I have to be here to receive it?

What an awful take. Also you didn't even answer the question.

If I buy something on Amazon I can return it within 30 days. If I want to return a Tesla it's a giant pain in the ass. There's no more 7 day return policy - you're pretty much looking at threatening legal action and getting lawyers involved to claim lemon law.