Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been creeping on here but finally made an account to update my progress.
MYLR/White and black interior/5 seater/ 19”
OD 7/22 EDD was stuck at 10/31-11/20 since Sept 6.
Got a call from my SA yesterday and was told there was a match and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes! But it’s still in transport and won’t be here until 9/28 but I scheduled for pick up for 9/29.
But the vin I got was 274xxx so hopefully nothing wrong with it.

Been creeping on here but finally made an account to update my progress.
MYLR/White and black interior/5 seater/ 19”
OD 7/22 EDD was stuck at 10/31-11/20 since Sept 6.
Got a call from my SA yesterday and was told there was a match and asked if I wanted it. Of course I said yes! But it’s still in transport and won’t be here until 9/28 but I scheduled for pick up for 9/29.
But the vin I got was 274xxx so hopefully nothing wrong with it.
Go buy a lottery ticket because you have some serious luck.

Reactions: MarjLa388
Yaaaaassss! Congrats to you too!!
CAN'T BELIEVE, it's actually happening out of nowhere! Without any sign, just refreshed the page, got kicked out to login page, and got the blue button for order update after login and now got a VIN 282xxx too, with EDD 9/29-30 (from 10/9-29 before)!!!
Congrats ! Still no updates for me yet but hopeful for an update tomorrow!

So happy to see all these VINs coming in. I had a long wait, but looks like new orders with an initial estimate of APRIL sounds like a nightmare. I’m happy with my 3.5 month wait and the car is worth it.

Only 11 days after delivery and less than 200 miles in and I have done a few what I consider critical/basic "upgrades".

• Matte (anti-glare) Screen protector
  • Center console organizer (and under armrest)
  • Stainless steel pedal covers
  • Ceramic coating on white interior vegan leather seats/doors
  • Homelink transmitter
  • Front PPF (hood/bumper/fenders/lights/mirrors)
  • Front windows tint (40%) - I may add roof/windshield tint if heat is an issue.
  • Black Tesla “T" Badge vinyl covers (black appearance but still shiny chrome edges)
  • Black Dual Motor badge (self install - pending)
  • Rear Door PPF rock protectors (self install - pending)
  • Front mud flaps (Tesla direct)
I may have missed something, but I’m not planning to go overboard. Most "upgrades" I’ve done are invisible. I like the "black out" look and want to preserve the front end paint condition.

Lets "motor on" Tesla neighbors. Hope everyone gets their flawless deliveries as soon as possible!!!

Last edited:
OMG I GOT THE VIN! Just moments ago! 282XXX. EDD is 9/29-30
539F6FBF-6828-4520-A1A5-94875B9690F7.jpeg

I got a text soon after receiving the VIN. The only available pickup date is 9/30. It seems that they haven’t built the car, but the factory will jam it through for the next 48 hours 😆😆😆

Does the matte screen protector reduce clarity?
This is the number one recommended upgrade from many out there (you tube/Ryan Shaw specifically).

I don’t think it does, but it’s not a phone that I hold close to my face. I don’t know the native resolution of the M3/MY display, but I doubt it’s the same as my smart phone. I was more concerned with fingerprints and glare. Plus, TBH, my eyes aren’t as good as they were in my 30s. Screen clarity is great, but I would like others to chime in with negative experiences.

Also, check the Amazon reviews. Spigen was the brand I had, and came with an awesome install template for alignment. No bubbles, no issues. Installed on day 2.

So happy to see all these VINs coming in. I had a long wait, but looks like new orders with an initial estimate of APRIL sounds like a nightmare. I’m happy with my 3.5 month wait and the car is worth it.

Only 11 days after delivery and less than 200 miles in and I have done a few what I consider critical/basic "upgrades".

• Matte (anti-glare) Screen protector
  • Center console organizer (and under armrest)
  • Stainless steel pedal covers
  • Ceramic coating on white interior vegan leather seats/doors
  • Homelink transmitter
  • Front PPF (hood/bumper/fenders/lights/mirrors)
  • Front windows tint (40%) - I may add roof/windshield tint if heat is an issue.
  • Black Tesla “T" Badge vinyl covers (black appearance but still shiny chrome edges)
  • Black Dual Motor badge (self install - pending)
  • Rear Door PPF rock protectors (self install - pending)
  • Front mud flaps (Tesla direct)
I may have missed something, but I’m not planning to go overboard. Most "upgrades" I’ve done are invisible. I like the "black out" look and want to preserve the front end paint condition.

Lets "motor on" Tesla neighbors. Hope everyone gets their flawless deliveries as soon as possible!!!
Which pedals did you use? I'm considering the upgrade and they all look the same. Just don't want the brake one to be a bitch to install lol.

Delivered to my house 34 days after ordering. I only had a chance to drive around in local traffic for a bit. Tried out a local supercharger and that was about it.

Mine was delivered by Josh, who's the same guy who does the owner training videos on the Tesla site. He was great and there were only a couple of tiny tech issues on the Tesla side to complete the transaction. Helped me set up some basics and then he drove away in my Honda. What a great way to buy a car!

Hoping to head to Monterey tomorrow. Oh that new car smell and man it's super cool! I guess I'll bow out of this thread and go look for other stuff on the board. Cheers everyone! May a VIN be in your near future!

Attachments

• IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32