Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think it does, but it’s not a phone that I hold close to my face. I don’t know the native resolution of the M3/MY display, but I doubt it’s the same as my smart phone. I was more concerned with fingerprints and glare. Plus, TBH, my eyes aren’t as good as they were in my 30s. Screen clarity is great, but I would like others to chime in with negative experiences.

Also, check the Amazon reviews. Spigen was the brand I had, and came with an awesome install template for alignment. No bubbles, no issues. Installed on day 2.

thank you. You convinced me. I just placed the order on Amazon.

Well, I was dumb because the day I went to test drive and put in the order, my SA said they had one that matched mine except with a tow hitch. But I wasn’t ready so I said no. Had I said yes, I would’ve drove away with a Y the same day lol
That could easily be the one I ordered on 6/13. Had to delay right about then since I was out of town last part of July, original EDD was 7/10 to 7/31.

So happy to see all these VINs coming in. I had a long wait, but looks like new orders with an initial estimate of APRIL sounds like a nightmare. I’m happy with my 3.5 month wait and the car is worth it.
Only 11 days after delivery and less than 200 miles in and I have done a few what I consider critical/basic "upgrades".

• Matte (anti-glare) Screen protector
  • Center console organizer (and under armrest)
  • Stainless steel pedal covers
  • Ceramic coating on white interior vegan leather seats/doors
  • Homelink transmitter
  • Front PPF (hood/bumper/fenders/lights/mirrors)
  • Front windows tint (40%) - I may add roof/windshield tint if heat is an issue.
  • Black Tesla “T" Badge vinyl covers (black appearance but still shiny chrome edges)
  • Black Dual Motor badge (self install - pending)
  • Rear Door PPF rock protectors (self install - pending)
  • Front mud flaps (Tesla direct)
I may have missed something, but I’m not planning to go overboard. Most "upgrades" I’ve done are invisible. I like the "black out" look and want to preserve the front end paint condition.

Lets "motor on" Tesla neighbors. Hope everyone gets their flawless deliveries as soon as possible!!!
I agree with the first 5 items you listed. In fact, I have a mobile service visit scheduled today to have my HomeLink system installed. It’s been a pain not having a garage door opener since last week in my new car. Wish that was an upgrade you can purchase when you order the car. I will have to see about the tinting. It hasn’t been super hot up here since I took delivery so heat/sun haven’t been an issue yet. I can see on a hot day where the roof window could act like a greenhouse though!

Which pedals did you use? I'm considering the upgrade and they all look the same. Just don't want the brake one to be a bitch to install lol.
I purchased these. Install was easy once I figured out that the accelerator one just installs on top and the brake one replaces the existing one. Total time, 10 minutes. Just a little elbow grease to get the flaps around the pedals (that is good, since you don't want them to fall off).

There are another pair about $10 cheaper, but I'm happy with these.

Reactions: GildedVines
I purchased these. Install was easy once I figured out that the accelerator one just installs on top and the brake one replaces the existing one. Total time, 10 minutes. Just a little elbow grease to get the flaps around the pedals (that is good, since you don't want them to fall off).

There are another pair about $10 cheaper, but I'm happy with these.
These look great! 😍

So happy to see all these VINs coming in. I had a long wait, but looks like new orders with an initial estimate of APRIL sounds like a nightmare. I’m happy with my 3.5 month wait and the car is worth it.

Only 11 days after delivery and less than 200 miles in and I have done a few what I consider critical/basic "upgrades".

• Matte (anti-glare) Screen protector
  • Center console organizer (and under armrest)
  • Stainless steel pedal covers
  • Ceramic coating on white interior vegan leather seats/doors
  • Homelink transmitter
  • Front PPF (hood/bumper/fenders/lights/mirrors)
  • Front windows tint (40%) - I may add roof/windshield tint if heat is an issue.
  • Black Tesla “T" Badge vinyl covers (black appearance but still shiny chrome edges)
  • Black Dual Motor badge (self install - pending)
  • Rear Door PPF rock protectors (self install - pending)
  • Front mud flaps (Tesla direct)
I may have missed something, but I’m not planning to go overboard. Most "upgrades" I’ve done are invisible. I like the "black out" look and want to preserve the front end paint condition.

Lets "motor on" Tesla neighbors. Hope everyone gets their flawless deliveries as soon as possible!!!
Day 105 still no updates EDD still hovering around 10/1-10/21. Will be frantically refreshing today..
Good luck…. You’re almost there! But hoping you get one sooner than later! 🤞🤞

I’m scheduled to pick up Thursday 9/30 at 11am! For those who have taken delivery already, any tips? I’m overwhelmed and I’m afraid my excitement will cause me to miss something during inspection..
It’s pretty straightforward, but the excitement can get you kind of flustered lol. I would just make sure you ask any questions before accepting delivery because it all went really fast for me after that. Once that happened, the SA took me out to the car again, showed me how to use the key card and pair my phone to the car/keycard and that was pretty much it. I’ve learned more since then from watching tutorials and reading threads. Still tons more to learn! It truly was a 15 minute process for me though during pickup.

Reactions: MarjLa388
I’m scheduled to pick up Thursday 9/30 at 11am! For those who have taken delivery already, any tips? I’m overwhelmed and I’m afraid my excitement will cause me to miss something during inspection..
I put together a checklist based on some video's I've seen but seems like its more than what's really needed.

1. VIN matches paperwork
  2. Color of paint matches
  3. Front license plate
  4. Charger provided and working
  5. Plug adapter
  6. Software updated.
  7. Curb rash on rims
  8. Valve stems
  9. Panel gaps
  10. Door alignment
  11. Headlight alignment
  12. Tail light alignment
  13. Roof glass cracks
  14. Tow hook in frunk
  15. Both keys work
  16. Bluetooth working
  17. Climate control via app
  18. Flashers
  19. Turn signals
  20. High beams
  21. Brake lights
  22. Side mirror motors
  23. Charging port working
  24. Wipers working and not catching on hood
  25. Interior lights
  26. Seat adjustments work
  27. AC working
  28. Emergency door releases work
  29. Wireless phone chargers work
  30. USB’s work (bring usb c and a)
  31. All speakers work

Reactions: mrshot1 and DrRamen
I put together a checklist based on some video's I've seen but seems like its more than what's really needed.

1. VIN matches paperwork
  3. Front license plate
  5. Plug adapter
  6. Software updated.
  7. Curb rash on rims
  8. Valve stems
  9. Panel gaps
  10. Door alignment
  11. Headlight alignment
  12. Tail light alignment
  13. Roof glass cracks
  14. Tow hook in frunk
  15. Both keys work
  16. Bluetooth working
  18. Flashers
  19. Turn signals
  20. High beams
  21. Brake lights
  22. Side mirror motors
  25. Interior lights
  27. AC working
  31. All speakers work
This is awesome! Thanks!

1. VIN matches paperwork
  3. Front license plate
  5. Plug adapter
  6. Software updated.
  7. Curb rash on rims
  8. Valve stems
  9. Panel gaps
  10. Door alignment
  11. Headlight alignment
  12. Tail light alignment
  13. Roof glass cracks
  14. Tow hook in frunk
  15. Both keys work
  16. Bluetooth working
  18. Flashers
  19. Turn signals
  20. High beams
  21. Brake lights
  22. Side mirror motors
  25. Interior lights
  27. AC working
  31. All speakers work
This is an excellent, comprehensive list, but the issue is that you don’t generally have access to the interior until you’ve accepted delivery. After accepting, you would need to request Tesla Service for any of these problems.

This is an excellent, comprehensive list, but the issue is that you don’t generally have access to the interior until you’ve accepted delivery. After accepting, you would need to request Tesla Service for any of these problems.
Good to know! Figured there would be some issues with spending that much time going over every aspect of the car while the SA stands by. I'm sure they would be a little annoyed but heck we wait forever for these to arrive so want to make sure it ALL works.

• Funny
Reactions: GildedVines