Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was expecting my delivery by end of week based on website below. However, i just called them and they said car is built yet and ETA is October 19th. I'm in Los Angeles area.
View attachment 715482
I got the same EDD and in SoCal also. Last night they said it should be built in the next few days. I'm hoping they don't push me another 2-3 weeks out.

Reactions: MTBevrider
Yeah my EDD moved up today too and my SA said that’s a good sign but that the soft build date was mid October. 🤷‍♀️
I was never able to get any of my local SAs to tell me anything beyond what my account EDD shows. When I called last Saturday while my EDD was 10/9-29 the SA just told me don't expect September delivery...But everything just happened yesterday with VIN assigned, EDD moved up, then scheduled for delivery shortly after.

So just take things SA tells you with grain of salt, some people were given the option to take delivery just one day after VIN so you may still be within the EoQ window of possibilities.

I was never able to get any of my local SAs to tell me anything beyond what my account EDD shows. When I called last Saturday while my EDD was 10/9-29 the SA just told me don't expect September delivery...But everything just happened yesterday with VIN assigned, EDD moved up, then scheduled for delivery shortly after.

So just take things SA tells you with grain of salt, some people were given the option to take delivery just one day after VIN so you may still be within the EoQ window of possibilities.
Very true! You never know! It’s very unpredictable! Congrats on your new MY!

so after multiple phone calls to Tesla, different insurance carriers and DCU my current status:

1) Changed registration from just individual to joint owner. Delivery Center was able to change this and update to add another owner on the car
2) DCU applied with joint owners and approved for 65m at 1.29%. Not sure where everyone is getting the whole 72 month at 1.29% since 66 month+ products are a higher rate. People might just be rate matching and Tesla is unaware that it's a 65 month loan versus 72 month loan?
3) Insurance quotes from AAA, Wawanesa, Tesla, Progressive, Nationwide for a So Cal Resident - Wawanesa is the best so far with Tesla coming in 2nd.
4) Delivery initially was a drop off at home from 12am - 8am (yep, midnight to the morning) but changed it to pickup as of September 29th at 3PM set with the Delivery Center

Soooo now just waiting on the financing piece of it and then I can be all set for Wednesday. I'm wondering though about the whole "pay before you see the car" - did they let you go into the delivery center and check the car out before hitting the ACH or did you complete that first and then check the car out?
That's interesting I'm in the Inland Empire, and Geico my current provider had the best rate ny a few hundred dollars. Thats with a 20+ year clean driving record. All the other places you listed were at least 400 more than Geico for me.

Reactions: Zorg
morning!
Good luck to everyone waiting, Tesla is definitely doing a push.

some take aways from my experience:
Give up on the EDD on the website till you get your VIN text or notification. As long as your profile is complete, checking daily the website is just frustration. I realized that just checking my email and seeing the make final payments notification was all that’s needed to start and finish the order.

the text you get from delivery, you can text it anything you want, someone at the DC is monitoring. They state reply confirm and blah blah blah but after just typing in one words to confirm delivery and acceptance of home delivery I began replying as if someone would respond and low and behold they did act on my replies - I was able to switch from home delivery to pickup via the text
Cash purchase up front and no trade in - once you get the VIN match, I did everything (a pain since it distracted me from work) writhing 48 hours to move from cash to loan, apply to loan, rate match and then insurance, then trade in value.
when you get delivery, everything is still confusion, reading the forums acceptance vs inspection. I ended up hitting acceptance before even seeing the car. What I was told was as soon as I drive off the lot it’s ours. So my take away was once at the lot or u get the delivery accept then schedule service accordingly.
I had some minor quirks with the car but my wife didn’t mind - smudges on some of the paint, slight unevenness with the panels (don’t know if it is supposed to be that way I checked other Y’s on the lot and it was slightly similar). I scheduled a service right away, they don’t do anything at the delivery center I was told, but at least I documented it.

morning!
Good luck to everyone waiting, Tesla is definitely doing a push.

some take aways from my experience:
Give up on the EDD on the website till you get your VIN text or notification. As long as your profile is complete, checking daily the website is just frustration. I realized that just checking my email and seeing the make final payments notification was all that’s needed to start and finish the order.

the text you get from delivery, you can text it anything you want, someone at the DC is monitoring. They state reply confirm and blah blah blah but after just typing in one words to confirm delivery and acceptance of home delivery I began replying as if someone would respond and low and behold they did act on my replies - I was able to switch from home delivery to pickup via the text
Cash purchase up front and no trade in - once you get the VIN match, I did everything (a pain since it distracted me from work) writhing 48 hours to move from cash to loan, apply to loan, rate match and then insurance, then trade in value.
when you get delivery, everything is still confusion, reading the forums acceptance vs inspection. I ended up hitting acceptance before even seeing the car. What I was told was as soon as I drive off the lot it’s ours. So my take away was once at the lot or u get the delivery accept then schedule service accordingly.
I had some minor quirks with the car but my wife didn’t mind - smudges on some of the paint, slight unevenness with the panels (don’t know if it is supposed to be that way I checked other Y’s on the lot and it was slightly similar). I scheduled a service right away, they don’t do anything at the delivery center I was told, but at least I documented it.
While many know about the EDD can be as accurate as how a first grader can tell how far the moon is from the earth, few can resist the urge to check them way more than necessary 😂 Again gl to anyone taking delivery during the last two days of EoQ and hope the rest will be getting their dream car in the coming weeks!

Reactions: PB FUTED

Congratulations 🎉🍾🥂🎊

Reactions: chyuan
Just wanted to update here that I took delivery on 9/26. Stock MYLR, white on black. Order date was 5/29, profile completion around mid June. 120 days from order to delivery. The car was flawless at delivery, no gaps to note or any other issues, If that is any consolation for your wait. It is worth it, I cant stop thinking about the next drive!

Just wanted to update here that I took delivery on 9/26. Stock MYLR, white on black. Order date was 5/29, profile completion around mid June. 120 days from order to delivery. The car was flawless at delivery, no gaps to note or any other issues, If that is any consolation for your wait. It is worth it, I cant stop thinking about the next drive!
nice!

Question - what software version did it come with?

Welp......there goes that excitement for me. They unassigned my VIN due to a "service hold". Got a voicemail last night that the service department at delivery center wouldn't be ready to deliver the car by today so it will be a few days for inspection. And this morning my VIN just disappeared. Local delivery center is impossible to get someone on the phone, and the 510 number representative just said there's a service hold so they unassigned it to potentially match me to another car that may be ready before the hold is released. So back to the waiting game

Welp......there goes that excitement for me. They unassigned my VIN due to a "service hold". Got a voicemail last night that the service department at delivery center wouldn't be ready to deliver the car by today so it will be a few days for inspection. And this morning my VIN just disappeared. Local delivery center is impossible to get someone on the phone, and the 510 number representative just said there's a service hold so they unassigned it to potentially match me to another car that may be ready before the hold is released. So back to the waiting game
Major bummer. Hang in there.

Reactions: PB FUTED