Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
once a vin is received, what's everyone's experience on the "delivery text" receipt? it seems like it's anywhere from instant to 24 hours? Or did you take initiative and just called the delivery center to follow up as soon as you got your VIN?

As far as the payment, I'm seeing the option to ACH it before delivery. But there are posts where people are setting up cashier's checks or wire's - did you get a delivery text without having to pay a down payment up front if you're taking it by loan?
In my experience, I called right away after receiving my VIN to try to schedule an appointment and was told to wait for the delivery text, which never came. Then received a call from the SC next morning asking if I wanted to pick up my vehicle that day. Of course, I did! I’m wondering what would have happened if they hadn’t called though. I suppose I would have called back until I got an appointment on the books.

We financed and decided to use a cashier’s check for the down payment, which we brought to the delivery appointment and I handed over after checking out the car. You need to let the service center know prior to delivery that’s what you’re doing if you choose that option. I think it clears up any confusion down the line at the actual time of delivery.

Home delivery scheduled for Wednesday. I'm relying on our son-in-law to do the detailed inspection for me since I'm traveling. He knows what to look for...after 4 months the wait is almost over and I can get back to driving a Tesla again!
once a vin is received, what's everyone's experience on the "delivery text" receipt? it seems like it's anywhere from instant to 24 hours? Or did you take initiative and just called the delivery center to follow up as soon as you got your VIN?

As far as the payment, I'm seeing the option to ACH it before delivery. But there are posts where people are setting up cashier's checks or wire's - did you get a delivery text without having to pay a down payment up front if you're taking it by loan?
I got the delivery text within 2 hours of receiving notice of the VIN, and after I had linked for the ACH payment.

so after multiple phone calls to Tesla, different insurance carriers and DCU my current status:

1) Changed registration from just individual to joint owner. Delivery Center was able to change this and update to add another owner on the car
2) DCU applied with joint owners and approved for 65m at 1.29%. Not sure where everyone is getting the whole 72 month at 1.29% since 66 month+ products are a higher rate. People might just be rate matching and Tesla is unaware that it's a 65 month loan versus 72 month loan?
3) Insurance quotes from AAA, Wawanesa, Tesla, Progressive, Nationwide for a So Cal Resident - Wawanesa is the best so far with Tesla coming in 2nd.
4) Delivery initially was a drop off at home from 12am - 8am (yep, midnight to the morning) but changed it to pickup as of September 29th at 3PM set with the Delivery Center

Soooo now just waiting on the financing piece of it and then I can be all set for Wednesday. I'm wondering though about the whole "pay before you see the car" - did they let you go into the delivery center and check the car out before hitting the ACH or did you complete that first and then check the car out?

Reactions: Zorg
Well, just needed to log out and then log back in app. Car looks flawless. Just need a little drive.

Attachments

• 20210927_130838.jpg
    20210927_130838.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210927_130822.jpg
    20210927_130822.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 44
Looks pretty perfect! Only thing wrong is that it's sitting in the driveway...go out and drive that thing!!

I did... 11 miles today!

those that have already pickedup, did you inspect the outside of the car BEFORE you accepted the review documents? Or did you accept the docs and just show up and to sign anything? .

I checked the outside first, then accepted delivery. Only flaw I could find is the alignment. Steering wheel is not dead centered. Scheduled an alignment for later in October.

D
those that have already pickedup, did you inspect the outside of the car BEFORE you accepted the review documents? Or did you accept the docs and just show up and to sign anything? .
If you’ve e-signed your contracts already, you won’t need to sign anything at pickup. They didn’t even ask to see my CADL. I would definitely ask to look at the car before hitting the accept delivery button.

D

If you’ve e-signed your contracts already, you won’t need to sign anything at pickup. They didn’t even ask to see my CADL. I would definitely ask to look at the car before hitting the accept delivery button.
The home delivery drop-off is a way for Tesla to force you to take the car. At the delivery centers, people were refusing delivery due to unsatisfactory build quality. Having said that, you do have 100 miles to claim any "alignment" or the like issues with Tesla, of course, after accepting delivery.

Reactions: PB FUTED
D

Agree with GildedVines. I accepted delivery after I looked over the exterior. Can’t do nothing about the interior inspection as you can’t remote in until after acceptance.

Finally picked it up on Sunday after a 4 month wait. Fit and finish is pretty good - a few paint swirls that I buffed out, dirty headliner and some squeaks. The door also takes a pretty high amount of force to close but other than that, it's great! I traded in a 2008 Acura MDX - Tesla initially offered $8500 for it back in May but kept decreasing its value each month to a final offer of $7700. Brought it to CarMax - $9800 and Shift came to look at it yesterday and gave me $13000! For a freaking 13 year old car with rust spots and a dent, I couldn't believe it! I guess the used car market is that hot now. Pays to call around!

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    688.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1226.jpeg
    IMG_1226.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 36
Just for grins built a custom order for a Y just like our existing order. EDD now shows April. We ordered 8 days ago with a EDD of March!

What other car company has that big of a backlog? Crazy.
Hopefully Austin comes on line in Q4 and works that backlog down to more reasonable lead times. We waited 4 months and that was long and painful (as evidenced by my daily bitching on this thread :) ). That being said, the car is worth waiting for.

Hopefully Austin comes on line in Q4 and works that backlog down to more reasonable lead times. We waited 4 months and that was long and painful (as evidenced by my daily bitching on this thread :) ). That being said, the car is worth waiting for.
Wife is really excited. To think two years ago, she could care less about cars. Once she got to drive my M3, she had to have one. Sold off her Mini (I was glad to get rid of it) back in April so she will be without her own car for almost a year. I know, first world problems.

Reactions: Zorg