Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When do we get to start a June orders thread? I’m a 6/4 order (on hold since 2/14) and have been hanging around to entertain myself until I get to really start complaining. I’m 35 days in so far…. EDD has been holding strong at 8/9 to 8/29 since 6/30. Seems pretty far off at this point still.

When do we get to start a June orders thread? I’m a 6/4 order (on hold since 2/14) and have been hanging around to entertain myself until I get to really start complaining. I’m 35 days in so far…. EDD has been holding strong at 8/9 to 8/29 since 6/30. Seems pretty far off at this point still.
“Two weeks” - ha. But seriously seems anyone with June or July order have august or September EDD so that seems most likely. I ordered 5/14 and currently have July 15-aug 5 EDD and still no VIN. Going on 60 days wait now. I also saw that the model Y is now available in lots of new countries and I hope that doesn’t divert supply from the USA…

Another day, another EDD slip.

EDD changed from 'July 13 - July 31' to 'July 14 - August 03'

Chart is the middle of my estimated delivery date range and how many days away it is from the current day. I removed some "September" outliers

1626096045289.png

Ordered 5/7 - white LR, 20" wheels, black interior, tow hitch. Original EDD was June 18-30 and has continued to slip. Updated today to say 8/1-8/21. I called Tesla and my sales person said they are not producing models with the trailer hitch which is why she thinks I'm specifically delayed. Very frustrating.

Ordered 5/7 - white LR, 20" wheels, black interior, tow hitch. Original EDD was June 18-30 and has continued to slip. Updated today to say 8/1-8/21. I called Tesla and my sales person said they are not producing models with the trailer hitch which is why she thinks I'm specifically delayed. Very frustrating.
I bought the exact same spec minus the tow hitch in LA on 5/14 and EDD is July 15-aug4 - still no VIN - date has jumped around daily or weekly it seems - no info from SA, can’t even get ahold of me

My SA finally replied to my 100 emails :).
My EDD shows Jul 19-Aug 5. Was the same for a while till last few days when it went to Jul 13-30. Today went back to Jul 19-Aug 5.
SA said my car is expected to complete production on 19th and delivery will happen in following days. But said these dates can move a bit.

Ordered in Fremont on 5/16, profile completed 5/17. MYLR, Blue, Black interior, 7 seater, No tow, No FSD.

Reactions: ankit
I was actually contacted by my SA this afternoon who said she found a car for me locally. I'm told the car had minor cosmetic damage that was fixed by Tesla. They are offering me delivery without the hitch and can have it added later plus a $650 discount due to the fixed cosmetic issue. I'm planning to move forward although a bit nervous about the previous damage and will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Sounds like they are having issues sourcing trailer hitches. Or they are all stuck in some container in some port.