Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine 5/12 old date, first delivery was scheduled for end of June, then moved to end of July - beginning of August, now showing October. WTF.
Brutal! I feel your pain - right there with you. Seen every date range, but no vehicle
ordered and completed 5/12 Same dates same spec if we are from the same batch out of production then Vin July 29-31 and delivery first few days of August. Supposedly very accurate dates for these spec.

bought a fresh pumpkin the same date I ordered (should’ve made my SA who promised vin by 7/14 to sign and date it lol) and it’s a pretty tight race.

What’s going on fellow May orders!

Order Date: 5/23/21
Model Y LR

-5 seats
-Pearl White
-black interior
-induction wheels
-tow hitch
-autopilot

Currently the delivery estimate still says 2-13 weeks.
Not sure why I don’t have a 2 weeks window but trying to stay patient as possible. Still pretty lucky I have a beater car in the family because I already sold my truck lol.
Ordered the same build the day after you. Current EDD is July 24-Aug 4

Snagged a car through existing inventory (after 67 days of waiting). Somehow the car lasted 25 minutes in existing inventory? Anyways, the nightmare is over for me I guess.
Congratz! It may be potentially a refused delivery, when I picked up my car they told me if I refused delivery it would go to inventory and then reassign/match to someone else potentially.

I probably should have rejected delivery because of some paint issues on the hood, but took delivery as they made note and told me that they could fix it..

Congratz! It may be potentially a refused delivery, when I picked up my car they told me if I refused delivery it would go to inventory and then reassign/match to someone else potentially.

I probably should have rejected delivery because of some paint issues on the hood, but took delivery as they made note and told me that they could fix it..
I think it's a cancelled order maybe? Vin is 233xxx same range as what @sundevil82 got assigned today too. It is the highest VIN assigned so far according to the spreadsheet too. 2335xx to be more specific.

It might not even be made yet? I'll find out tomorrow when I call.

Snagged a car through existing inventory (after 67 days of waiting). Somehow the car lasted 25 minutes in existing inventory? Anyways, the nightmare is over for me I guess.
Were you actively shopping inventory, an automated matching by the system, or initiative taken by your SA? We have similar order, order date, and pick-up location...want to be prepared if I am expecting to hear soon on a VIN.

Were you actively shopping inventory, an automated matching by the system, or initiative taken by your SA? We have similar order, order date, and pick-up location...want to be prepared if I am expecting to hear soon on a VIN.
I had python/selenium code running and checking every 15 seconds (lol) for existing inventory in my area with my exact config. I'd gotten hits before and tried calling in for three other existing inventory cars previously and the car always disappeared before they could match it to me (usually disappeared within 5 minutes, and I've seen as low as 2 minutes for them to disappear).

This time though, I saw the alert go off at 8:19 pm PT, and decided not to bother with it since I'd had no luck every other time.
There were 2 other cars at that time as well, and they disappeared within... 5 minutes? (idk, deleted the logs already)

The car stayed around for 10 minutes so I decided to call the Hawaii showroom at 8:33 pm PT (b/c they are still open at that time).
Then I got a sales associate, and they said they'd have to get their manager, and then I waited on hold for like 8 minutes, and then at ~8:44 pm PT the manager joined the call and assigned the car to me.

This was definitely a non-standard VIN match process, and can't really be used as a predictor (sorry).

The silver lining is that by matching this car to me as opposed to someone else jumping the line to buy it, ideally this moves everyone else up in line.

I'll be calling my SA tomorrow to see about scheduling delivery/getting my purchase agreement so I can get my loan settled. Hopefully there are no issues!

Edit: I do not recommend this method of trying to secure car... It was a mess and it seems like it's basically impossible and I just got super lucky. You're competing with people who can just buy the car with a credit card in 30 seconds, but you have to go through a 10-15 minute process at a minimum.

Last edited: