Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's awfully quite after the EoQ storm lol
Agreed. I absolutely expect that all orders placed with profile completion date also in May were delivered (especially on the west coast).

I'm very curious what their Q3 delivery numbers were especially with supply chain/chip issues. If history is an indicator we should know by Monday (if not today/this weekend).

Reactions: GildedVines
Agreed. I absolutely expect that all orders placed with profile completion date also in May were delivered (especially on the west coast).

I'm very curious what their Q3 delivery numbers were especially with supply chain/chip issues. If history is an indicator we should know by Monday (if not today/this weekend).
Tesla is a crazy place to work. I fully expect them to release Q3 shipments tomorrow. 60 hours a week is kinda the bare min there.

i called the DC yesterday about an issue with payments. Felt bad, the guy that picked up mentioned he normally doesn't handle these and apologized and explained that people are shifted in roles to support as they're on their 2nd busiest day of the year. I wonder what their first busiest day is?

Oddly, Tesla sent money back to me and it's a sizeable return. COnfirmed with my bank the payee just didn't except it and sent it back and advised i reach out to the payee to see what went wrong. I did my part in calling and just awaiting a response.

I think most of May orders have except for 1 person in Fontana, CA. Been enjoying the ride for sure.
Lol......that person is right here. EDD now shifted to Oct. 3-19. Tesla giveth and taketh away, Don't know what happened from having a VIN to losing it the night before delivery and can't get a straight answer. But since everyone else especially in SoCal got theirs I have a glimmer of hope that I won't be waiting past October.

Welp......there goes that excitement for me. They unassigned my VIN due to a "service hold". Got a voicemail last night that the service department at delivery center wouldn't be ready to deliver the car by today so it will be a few days for inspection. And this morning my VIN just disappeared. Local delivery center is impossible to get someone on the phone, and the 510 number representative just said there's a service hold so they unassigned it to potentially match me to another car that may be ready before the hold is released. So back to the waiting game
Oh no!! Hang in there. The wait is almost over.

Lol......that person is right here. EDD now shifted to Oct. 3-19. Tesla giveth and taketh away, Don't know what happened from having a VIN to losing it the night before delivery and can't get a straight answer. But since everyone else especially in SoCal got theirs I have a glimmer of hope that I won't be waiting past October.
Yeah, they will usually get you re-assigned pretty quickly if you decline or lost a VIN. EOQ is a mad rush, so maybe a week or two later (possibly 2022?) will not be so bad.

Reactions: PB FUTED
So? Any update?

Is anybody getting their car wrapped/paint protected?

Not much EDD got pushed back to 10/6‐10/19. Tesla rep told me that I will be getting a new VIN soon, but who knows what that means in Tesla world.
yep, GSWF color ppf all around. Suntek tint all around. had the base model and ordered earlier in the year when it was under 50k, finally delivered when the price was at 54k. To get a new color and possibly the order pushed out, it was more cost effective to just get a color ppf wrap than change the order AND get ppf.

yep, GSWF color ppf all around. Suntek tint all around. had the base model and ordered earlier in the year when it was under 50k, finally delivered when the price was at 54k. To get a new color and possibly the order pushed out, it was more cost effective to just get a color ppf wrap than change the order AND get ppf.
What shop did you get the PPF wrap done? Were you satisfied with their work? Would love to see a pic of the finished product

I’m in Orange County and did a minimal PPF/Tint job (front 1/3rd of the car Expel PPF and front two windows).

Had the work done by RPM Tesla and couldn’t find any issues with their work. They did a great job (I went off the recommendation from a local Tesla owner).

What shop did you get the PPF wrap done? Were you satisfied with their work? Would love to see a pic of the finished product
Precision One Design in Torrance. Check their Instagram, it’s basically Tesla’s every week. I saw several suntek PPF, full, front only, front sides, powder coating tint. They are one of Suntek authorized dealers. The job I’ve seen so far is great, super attention to detail. They finished a black model 3 color correction, PPF and ceramic coat and that thing was clean. No edge lines. Precision One Design check the stories and posts. That white to black PPF color is mine.